HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL Playoff Gm #3 : Monarchs Win Game 3; Holloway Hat Trick; Monarchs Lead Series 2-1

Old
04-17-2011, 11:03 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
This is what I'm hoping for. I'd be really bummed if we lost Richardson this off season. He is a great bottom-6 forward, knows the system well, has some great chemistry with the other bottom-6 forwards (especially Simmonds and Lewis), and hustles his ass off every game.
Hahaha solid username, Black Mamba!! Too bad they lost today

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:05 PM
no name

Do we have any reason as to why Schenn has been scratched all these games?

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:07 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
My best guess is that Holloway is to Manchester as Brown is to LA. I remember reading he's heavily involved in the community and the overall face of the team, so they might want to preserve the overall identity of the team by keeping Holloway there.
This is one of my main issues with DL. Holloway DESERVED a call up this season and it would have showed good faith on the team behalf. I can't help buy wonder if not getting the call up is gonna play a part in guys like Holloway, VV and others maybe not signing with LA down the road. The fact he appears to be such a solid guy in the community only pisses me off more. I've posted before that a two week call up usually means the players double their AHL salary and I'm sure that move would have not only shown the younger guys on the Monarchs that hard work pays off but that the Kings do notice the effort being put in on and off the ice in Manchester.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
He played today. Had an assist and was a +3.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:09 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Schenn had been playing junior hockey and his team just got eliminated last week. He was given a day to rest and travel so he really wasn't expected to play before today. Basically he wasn't eligible to play til today.

Old
04-17-2011, 11:10 PM
no name

Thanks guys.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Johnny Utah

Yeah NHL just announced his assignment, so he was probably in paperwork limbo while resting/traveling until now.

Also, for next year's roster predictions in the NHL, don't write off Loktionov, he has more NHL experience than Schenn. Lombardi and Hextall always give the guy who has paid his dues more of a shot.

I would expect.

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Brown
Clifford-Loktionov-Simmonds
Richardson-Lewis-Westgarth/Clune

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:24 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Yeah NHL just announced his assignment, so he was probably in paperwork limbo while resting/traveling until now.

Also, for next year's roster predictions in the NHL, don't write off Loktionov, he has more NHL experience than Schenn. Lombardi and Hextall always give the guy who has paid his dues more of a shot.

I would expect.

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Brown
Clifford-Loktionov-Simmonds
Richardson-Lewis-Westgarth/Clune
I am pretty sure Schenn will spend at least half a season in AHL hockey. So I agree with this.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:03 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

This Holloway kid seems like money. Wondering when we are going to cash in on him.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:17 AM
lafan

This is so true

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
This is one of my main issues with DL. Holloway DESERVED a call up this season and it would have showed good faith on the team behalf. I can't help buy wonder if not getting the call up is gonna play a part in guys like Holloway, VV and others maybe not signing with LA down the road. The fact he appears to be such a solid guy in the community only pisses me off more. I've posted before that a two week call up usually means the players double their AHL salary and I'm sure that move would have not only shown the younger guys on the Monarchs that hard work pays off but that the Kings do notice the effort being put in on and off the ice in Manchester.
what a great post.

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Tadite

Holloway just has a numbers problem.

He isn't better then Williams, Simmonds, or Brown, and he doesn't do Wests job. Heck I don't think he's better then Ricardson, Schenn, or Lewis.

And it just gets harder next year.

We just have to get use't to the idea that we're going to lose NHL level quality guys just because of numbers. I bet the same thing will happen to Richardson and Parse.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:00 AM
CNS
A World Alone

So Weal isn't playing??? I'd say send him to the ECHL as a previous poster said and let him get a ton of ice time there. No point letting him sit around watching the Narchs plays.

EDIT: The Reigns season is done apparently. Nevermind. Would anyone be opposed to calling up Weal and letting him practice with the team and then have him just watch if he's not going to get ice time in Manchester?

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:10 AM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

I would guess Weal is one injury or one call up to another player away from playing, so he better stay in Man...

driller1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:13 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

<-------------...Go Buddy Go. It gonna suck when we let him go because we dont have room for him and he scores 30 for the Islanders...errrrr

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:35 AM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Holloway just has a numbers problem.

He isn't better then Williams, Simmonds, or Brown, and he doesn't do Wests job. Heck I don't think he's better then Ricardson, Schenn, or Lewis.

And it just gets harder next year.

We just have to get use't to the idea that we're going to lose NHL level quality guys just because of numbers. I bet the same thing will happen to Richardson and Parse.
Yes he isn't better than most of those guys listed but he still deserved a call up at some point this season IMO. Even when the Stoll suspension went down I was shocked to see Zeiler get the nod ahead of him. Hopefully Drewiske is moved in the summer to make room for VV and Harrold and Poni are not brought back to make room for some youngsters with potential.

Old
04-18-2011, 12:27 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
I would guess Weal is one injury or one call up to another player away from playing, so he better stay in Man...
Well Czarnick is destined to go there now and I'd rather see one of the too get called up just to practice with the big boys then have them practice in the A and sit and watch there. They can gain a lot of knowledge from practicing with our NHL team and being around the vets there. Just my opinion though.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:23 PM
KingNick07

Well Lombardi wants Manchester to go all the way. He believes it will be a GREAT experience for the guys down there. I agree.

He probably thinks that calling up Holloway would compromise that.

KingNick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Capn Brown

Is Weal not good enough to play in the AHL playoffs?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:13 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

If/Whenever someone sees the highlights for yesterdays game, can you please post them up here?

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Is Weal not good enough to play in the AHL playoffs?
I don't think it is a matter of not being good enough, but more of that players who paid their dues and played in Manchester are more deserving of the opportunity to play in the playoffs than Weal. I could see why they'd make an exception with Schenn, and Toffoli did play last night as well, but to scratch a player who helped the team get to the playoffs in favor of a junior player isn't going to look good.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:45 PM
hockeynutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKFAN View Post
Cliche is gone for the rest of the season, he had thumb surgery several weeks ago.
cliche told me he was out for at least the first two rounds of the playoffs, maybe longer.

he's been playing hurt for a while, and it was suggested that he get it taken care of sooner, rather than later.

hockeynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 08:03 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeynutz View Post
cliche told me he was out for at least the first two rounds of the playoffs, maybe longer.

he's been playing hurt for a while, and it was suggested that he get it taken care of sooner, rather than later.
Funny how we heard different stories - yours came from Cliche and mine came from a member of the medical staff. I hope you are correct!

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
If/Whenever someone sees the highlights for yesterdays game, can you please post them up here?
http://video.senators.nhl.com/videoc...sole?id=109338

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 08:40 AM
kkempy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKFAN View Post
Funny how we heard different stories - yours came from Cliche and mine came from a member of the medical staff. I hope you are correct!
May be wishful thinking on Cliche's part!

kkempy is offline   Reply With Quote