HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Bruce Boudreau to 105.9, on MSG crowd (Update: Backing down?)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2011, 11:06 AM
  #51
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Of course their building seems louder, they have an idiot blowing a horn every five seconds at the Verizon Center.

The fans at MSG don't have to resort to such gimmicky garbage.
Thank you my thoughts exactly

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:10 AM
  #52
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 500
hey, if we had four 70-100+ p players fall from the sky into our laps we'd be blowing horns every 5m! There would be horns blaring in the mens room at MSG every time you'd flush the toilet.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:10 AM
  #53
darrenturcotte#8
Registered User
 
darrenturcotte#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
With all the corp seats now, I don't think fatso is too far off.

I have worked for large corporations my entire life and have been fornunate enough to sit in the lower levels and half of the people aren't paying attention and the other half have no clue what is going on...

The Garden is a shell of what it once was
Agreed. Boudreau is a moron and a terrible hockey coach, but he is CORRECT in this case. The Garden is nothing like what it was in the '80's and 90's. I'm glad a bunch of bandwagon fans showed up for a playoff game but every other night, half the building is empty when the puck drops. Even when the suits finally arrive they have no clue whats going on.

MSG is far from a 'home ice advantage'. In fact, its a disadvantage when the ignorant fans start booing after the 1st period. Its even worse when they scream 'shoot' every 10 secs despite the fact that there is no shooting lane and a blocked shot would likely result in a breakaway...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:13 AM
  #54
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Agreed. Boudreau is a moron and a terrible hockey coach, but he is CORRECT in this case. The Garden is nothing like what it was in the '80's and 90's. I'm glad a bunch of bandwagon fans showed up for a playoff game but every other night, half the building is empty when the puck drops. Even when the suits finally arrive they have no clue whats going on.

MSG is far from a 'home ice advantage'. In fact, its a disadvantage when the ignorant fans start booing after the 1st period. Its even worse when they scream 'shoot' every 10 secs despite the fact that there is no shooting lane and a blocked shot would likely result in a breakaway...
I don't think you could be more off-base with that comment.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:13 AM
  #55
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,145
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
The guy says a fair comment and all you can come up with are fat jokes? Maybe if more fans showed up than guests of corps the Garden could get back to where it should be, loud and in your face.

As a Ranger fan I was a bit disappointed with the crowd noise lastnight as well considering the situation of being down 2-0. It can be and I hope it will be much louder for games 4 and 6.

LETS GO RANGERS!

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:15 AM
  #56
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I'm listening to the radio Evan Roberts read the whole thing what he said.
He knocked the locker rooms.
Complained about how tight it was on the bench.

What is with these fat coaches (Stan Van Gundy too) whining about MSG?

It's an old building. You're not going to have all the fancy stuff that comes with new buildings. Why is that so hard to understand?

I never heard old YS and currently Fenway and Wrigley getting knocked by opposing coaches/managers.

People take it for what they are: old buildings.
This part is too funny. It reminds me of the scene in 24/7 when he took his kids to the mall in the morning to buy their mother a birthday present and all he could focus on was getting ice cream.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:16 AM
  #57
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
This part is too funny. It reminds me of the scene in 24/7 when he took his kids to the mall in the morning to buy their mother a birthday present and all he could focus on was getting ice cream.


Or the scene in 24/7 where he does the interview with the big BBQ sauce stain on his cheek. If he wants to avoid fat jokes, he should stop tossing softballs like that.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:19 AM
  #58
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
The guy says a fair comment and all you can come up with are fat jokes? Maybe if more fans showed up than guests of corps the Garden could get back to where it should be, loud and in your face.

As a Ranger fan I was a bit disappointed with the crowd noise lastnight as well considering the situation of being down 2-0. It can be and I hope it will be much louder for games 4 and 6.

LETS GO RANGERS!
Maybe you should read my post on page 2. He shouldn't be disrespecting our fans, who have been a pretty loyal fanbase through some crappy years, when his fans just started showing up 3 seasons ago when the team started becoming a top team in the East.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:21 AM
  #59
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post
He's flat out lying to play head games.

He's not that smart.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:23 AM
  #60
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
He's not that smart.

Rangers fans should take a page out of Caps fans books and pour beverages on him. Only they should be milkshakes, so he'll be totally distracted the rest of the game gleefully trying to lick himself clean.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:24 AM
  #61
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
The guy says a fair comment and all you can come up with are fat jokes? Maybe if more fans showed up than guests of corps the Garden could get back to where it should be, loud and in your face.

As a Ranger fan I was a bit disappointed with the crowd noise lastnight as well considering the situation of being down 2-0. It can be and I hope it will be much louder for games 4 and 6.

LETS GO RANGERS!
If it didn't cost $4000+ per season for tickets below the 300s, I'm sure there's be more fans at the Garden. The fact is the place still sells out with some of the most atrocious prices in the league. Even $60 for the 300s is crazy. The ticket prices in the playoffs are probably over $100 for just the first round. Who can afford these kinds of expenses? How much disposable income do you think people have?

The average ticket price in the league last year was $51.41 (according to http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/inde...since_1994_95/). If you take out the Canadian teams it's $46.56. The Rangers average ticket price was $58.57 (which I find hard to believe that it's that low). The Caps average ticket price was $44.75. According to that site, among American teams, only Philly and Minnesota (basically Canada) have more expensive tickets.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:24 AM
  #62
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,086
vCash: 873
There's alot of truth to what Fat boy said.

The fact that so many attacked the guy means it must have hit a nerve for some.

I've been to playoff games where the place was about to lose it's lid and yesterday was not one of those days.

I think it has alot to do with ticket pricing and preventing the real loonies in the building.

Does it have the potential to get loud and rowdy? Absolutely, but Sunday, until the Dubi goal, meh.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:26 AM
  #63
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,145
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
If it didn't cost $4000+ per season for tickets below the 300s, I'm sure there's be more fans at the Garden. The fact is the place still sells out with some of the most atrocious prices in the league. Even $60 for the 300s is crazy. The ticket prices in the playoffs are probably over $100 for just the first round. Who can afford these kinds of expenses? How much disposable income do you think people have?
I agree 100,000% with you Dubisnacks, so who is the Caps coach really taking a shot at then? I doubt it was the outpriced NYR fans.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:28 AM
  #64
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
There's alot of truth to what Fat boy said.

The fact that so many attacked the guy means it must have hit a nerve for some.

I've been to playoff games where the place was about to lose it's lid and yesterday was not one of those days.

I think it has alot to do with ticket pricing and preventing the real loonies in the building.
Does it have the potential to get loud and rowdy? Absolutely, but Sunday, until the Dubi goal, meh.
It also has to do with a fanbase that has been beaten into submission, rooting for a team that has for more than a decade gone back and forth between bad and mediocre. Hopefully that is starting to change.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:30 AM
  #65
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,086
vCash: 873
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I'm listening to the radio Evan Roberts read the whole thing what he said.
He knocked the locker rooms.
Complained about how tight it was on the bench.

What is with these fat coaches (Stan Van Gundy too) whining about MSG?

It's an old building. You're not going to have all the fancy stuff that comes with new buildings. Why is that so hard to understand?

I never heard old YS and currently Fenway and Wrigley getting knocked by opposing coaches/managers.

People take it for what they are: old buildings.
crappy locker rooms and tight benches are things done to visiting teams come the PO's to make them uncomfortable.

It's been going on for decades.

They should force the back up goalie to sit with the Zamboni's.

Some Org's went as far as leaving Zamboni's on the ice for opposing teams practice.

All in the name of competition.

It's all good, it's the PO's.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:30 AM
  #66
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 500
hmmm... I haven't had a trolling infraction in quite some time! Who's coming with me? hahaha just kidding mods....

Seriously, what a manbaby..... you lost a game...a game that you should have lost by 2 goals. Get over it and get your troops ready for game 4. Calling out MSG? Like dude...really? You play in the Verizon Center. Enough said. MSG is one of the last buildings in all of sports that hasn't been molested with naming rights. It might as well be the Cablevision Center...but... it's not!!

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:35 AM
  #67
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
When the MSG crowd gets going you can feel the building quake under your feet. The only other venue I have ever felt that at was when they drop the hammer at a NASCAR race.

No other ball inclusive sporting event comes close.
Well i believe that, but as i was at the game 5 vs Buffalo and when they tied the game via Drury lol, that place was as loud as it gets. Also the buzz in that areana was just amazing, and the fans are nuts.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:38 AM
  #68
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
If it didn't cost $4000+ per season for tickets below the 300s, I'm sure there's be more fans at the Garden. The fact is the place still sells out with some of the most atrocious prices in the league. Even $60 for the 300s is crazy. The ticket prices in the playoffs are probably over $100 for just the first round. Who can afford these kinds of expenses? How much disposable income do you think people have?

The average ticket price in the league last year was $51.41 (according to http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/inde...since_1994_95/). If you take out the Canadian teams it's $46.56. The Rangers average ticket price was $58.57 (which I find hard to believe that it's that low). The Caps average ticket price was $44.75. According to that site, among American teams, only Philly and Minnesota (basically Canada) have more expensive tickets.
i agree. i would love to go to a playoff game but im a college student and frankly i dont have $150 dollars to spend on a hockey game

Ryan McDonut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:39 AM
  #69
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

The fact that so many attacked the guy means it must have hit a nerve for some.
Not necessarily. It means a guy with no real history, a career minor leaguer who barely made it to the NHL, attacked an original six team, a historic arena and a loyal fanbase, a fanbase that regardless of how loud their arena gets, is more loyal than his fanbase will ever be or can even hope to ever be.

It's about respect and boudreau has very little. He could have just kept his mouth shut, but obviously that is difficult for him to do.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:40 AM
  #70
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
It also has to do with a fanbase that has been beaten into submission, rooting for a team that has for more than a decade gone back and forth between bad and mediocre. Hopefully that is starting to change.
honestly the ticket prices are so high now and they keep going up im afraid to see what they would be like if we were a top team in the league

Ryan McDonut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:41 AM
  #71
MSG the place to be*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
moot point

good college atmosphere > any pro atmosphere

so what are we even talking about

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:43 AM
  #72
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues
 
DoTheBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 6,764
vCash: 500
Give the fatman a break. You have to read between the lines with Boudreau.

When he says

"Well, the one thing, its reputation is far better than the actual building," the coach said.

He means - The food sucks.

When he says

"I mean, it's nothing. The locker rooms are horrible."

He means - There's no kitchen in the locker rooms

When he says

"The benches are horrible."

He means - The benches should be made of something edible

When he says

"There's no room for anything."

He means - He gets tired of holding his 20 piece KFC bucket all period because that only leaves one hand to eat with.

When he says

"Also, our building's a lot louder, too. So I mean, they can say what they want, but it's not that loud in there."

He means - I always miss the hotdog vendors as they are going by because they don't yell "Get your dogs here" loud enough

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:44 AM
  #73
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
The first thing that popped in my head was the court scene from Big Daddy, some one should hold up a McDonald's bag every time he barks at the refs.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:44 AM
  #74
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV
 
UnderPSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Morris Co, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Who cares what that fat ass says.

Want to stick it to him? Simple, get loud Wednesday and beat the caps. That's all there is too it.

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:52 AM
  #75
Section 409
FANATIC
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
The guy says a fair comment and all you can come up with are fat jokes? Maybe if more fans showed up than guests of corps the Garden could get back to where it should be, loud and in your face.

As a Ranger fan I was a bit disappointed with the crowd noise lastnight as well considering the situation of being down 2-0. It can be and I hope it will be much louder for games 4 and 6.

LETS GO RANGERS!
Right, so he should disrespect a loyal fanbase, because Caps fans have always been there. Please, he should shut his fat hole.

Do you have any idea what a ticket costs where all the corporations seats are? It's $68.00 a game in the 400's if you aren't going through ticketmaster. Through ticketmaster it is around $90 I believe. I imagine it is not cheap to sit down there at all. Fact is, it was not quiet there yesterday, at all.

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.