HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF #3: Flyers @ Sabres - Monday, Apr. 18, 2011 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2011, 11:18 AM
4thline4life

vCash: 500
also what sense does it make having your back up being someone who hasn't played a NHL game since december where he let in a shot from behind the goal line.

Old
04-18-2011, 11:19 AM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
Who's a Leighton fanboy?
Sorry, not referring to you. But there are Leighton cheerleaders around here who will be messing their pants at the very thought of him dressing for a game.

Old
04-18-2011, 11:21 AM
ShotScore*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
No, he's not. He's already ****ed up one Flyers' post season, might as well go for the repeat??

I want him nowhere near this team, and nowhere near Bob just in case ****tyness rubs off.
I have no faith in Boucher either.

His best days are behind him.

Bob is a rookie with no playoff experience at all.

Leighton sucks and is a career backup.

You can thank our all-knowing wizard of oz GM for this situation.

Old
04-18-2011, 11:21 AM
CNote
Get 'er done

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
it also appears leighton will be the backup tonight. that might be a little harsh on bob, but i trust lavi.
I trust him too. Bob is rattled.
GO FLYERS GO!!!

Old
04-18-2011, 11:23 AM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Apparently Zherdev is in for Nodl tonight.

Old
04-18-2011, 11:23 AM
ShotScore*

Quote:
Apparently Zherdev is in for Nodl tonight.
Watch Carter get a goal because of it.

Old
04-18-2011, 11:24 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Old
04-18-2011, 11:27 AM
DrHamburg

Quote:
Sorry, not referring to you. But there are Leighton cheerleaders around here who will be messing their pants at the very thought of him dressing for a game.
haha this made me literally lol.

Old
04-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

Well, IMO our cup hopes rested on Bob catching fire.
Even with 1 bad period, I still thought it was possible.
Whatever confidence Bob had left is gone I'm sure.

Old
04-18-2011, 11:39 AM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Serious question. As a fan is anyone else completely embarrassed by the usual goalie merry-go-round? The complete lack of urgency to acquire a ****ing goalie who can be your defined starter for more than three games. It's not just this situation, it's the last 20 god damn years of this non sense. I'm sick of it, knowing that you'll never really have a legit shot to win a cup because every year you never know who to rely on. I know Brodeur's and Roy's don't fall off trees, but WTF get me SOMETHING that resembles a quality starting NHL goalie.

Isn't Mr. Schnyder pissed about this?? He's supposedly so passionate, is he ok with year after year of this goalie ********??

Well I've had it.

Old
04-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Serious question. As a fan is anyone else completely embarrassed by the usual goalie merry-go-round? The complete lack of urgency to acquire a ****ing goalie who can be your defined starter for more than three games. It's not just this situation, it's the last 20 god damn years of this non sense. I'm sick of it, knowing that you'll never really have a legit shot to win a cup because every year you never know who to rely on. I know Brodeur's and Roy's don't fall off trees, but WTF get me SOMETHING that resembles a quality starting NHL goalie.

Isn't Mr. Schnyder pissed about this?? He's supposedly so passionate, is he ok with year after year of this goalie ********??

Well I've had it.
Early in the season, Bob played like the answer.

Old
04-18-2011, 11:42 AM
FlyersMania2

Quote:

Well I've had it.
Idk about embarassed but for whatever reason, my fave position and fave players = goalies always...so it's beyond annoying to me that the Flyers have managed to blame everything in the past 15 years on goaltenders.

Last place season with the worst D in the league and who was to blame? Nitty with his two broken hips.

Unfair. We have done our share of ruining goalies and never holding other players accountable. It's absurd. Every goalie has a bad game it doesnt mean they should be thrown under the bus.

Old
04-18-2011, 11:43 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
I still think Bob is the answer though. Management is really overreacting considering 2 of the 3 goals weren't really his fault. He did everything he should of done really. 3 on 1 SH is a real ***** to deal with and with the puck going every which way and you are doing everything to stop it is all you can do. I still and probably always will have faith in Bob.

Old
Shadeslayer813

They better be scratching him to watch the game with Reese, if not and we lose this series all hell will break lose

Old
bennysflyers16

Quote:

Well I've had it.
Kind of, we all wish we had a top goalie, but at the expense of what depth. I said if this year is no cup, take 2 of Leino,Harts, or Steeg's $$ and sign Bryzgalov and replace the players with young players from the farm. Money should work ! Try Bryz for 3-4 years and have Bob be his back up !

I hope that Bob could be the guy this year, but apparently Lavy thinks otherwise. One thing I am quite confident is saying, Boosh and MFL will not win a cup !!

Old
04-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
Bobrovsky or Boucher in Flyers’ net for game three?

http://nhlhotstove.com/bobrovsky-or-...or-game-three/
Thanks for the advertisement

Old
04-18-2011, 11:46 AM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
Nah it started before that, when Homer resigned Leighton and didn't even look into any other options. We got lucky with Bob when Leighton got hurt, but for any GM to rely on an untested rookie who's new to the NHL and never played this many games in any one season in a complete failure. I don't know I'm just ranting and venting but this makes me sick. Such a proud franchise, doing whatever they can to win a cup, but fail to get a ****ing goalie in forever. As a fan I'm ebarassed to see what the coach has to do in game 3 of the first round. Call upon a journeyman, and have a ****ing stiff as your backup. I need a shot and a beer.

Old
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Kind of, we all wish we had a top goalie, but at the expense of what depth. I said if this year is no cup, take 2 of Leino,Harts, or Steeg's $$ and sign Bryzgalov and replace the players with young players from the farm. Money should work ! Try Bryz for 3-4 years and have Bob be his back up !

I hope that Bob could be the guy this year, but apparently Lavy thinks otherwise. One thing I am quite confident is saying, Boosh and MFL will not win a cup !!
Not true. I do agree about Bryzgalov tho, he's like my favorite - I would love to have him. However, even if you have Tim Thomas (who everyone sweats), you are down 2 games. If you have Bryz, same story. If you have Lundqvist, ur down 2 games to 1. So please inform me how the top tier goalies are going to save you? It's anyone's game. The Crapitals have subpar goaltending yet they r managing. So can we.

Old
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Nah it started before that, when Homer resigned Leighton and didn't even look into any other options. We got lucky with Bob when Leighton got hurt, but for any GM to rely on an untested rookie who's new to the NHL and never played this many games in any one season in a complete failure. I don't know I'm just ranting and venting but this makes me sick. Such a proud franchise, doing whatever they can to win a cup, but fail to get a ****ing goalie in forever. As a fan I'm ebarassed to see what the coach has to do in game 3 of the first round. Call upon a journeyman, and have a ****ing stiff as your backup. I need a shot and a beer.
How about a shot in a beer?

Old
04-18-2011, 11:47 AM
ShotScore*

Quote:

Well I've had it.

We had a chance to get both Thomas or Vokoun and our all-knowing GM passed on both.

This summer Ilya Bryzgalov is a free agent. Let's see if our GM will make a move for him.

Old
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Un-****ing-real. Way to have the kid's back.

Old
TOCxNJ

Quote:

Well I've had it.
I for one am completely embarrassed of this team....we are the laughing stock of the league when it comes to goaltending...we always have a team that can compete, just not win the cup because we have below average support in goal.

I believe BOB will eventually be the guy though...I would just have liked if we got a true number one this year that could mentor Bob and show him what it takes to win.

We will most likely not win the cup this year and I'm pretty confident in saying that it will probably be because of goaltending...just like last year.

We are a great team, just not great enough to win the cup. That's how I see it. And the organization has shown that they don't really care apparently.

Old
04-18-2011, 11:50 AM
TOCxNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
Not true. I do agree about Bryzgalov tho, he's like my favorite - I would love to have him. However, even if you have Tim Thomas (who everyone sweats), you are down 2 games. If you have Bryz, same story. If you have Lundqvist, ur down 2 games to 1. So please inform me how the top tier goalies are going to save you? It's anyone's game. The Crapitals have subpar goaltending yet they r managing. So can we.
This is such a flawed way of thinking.

We have a better team around our goaltenders than the rags and the B's. If we have either of those goalies, we are up 2-0 right now and we won the cup last year.

Old
04-18-2011, 11:51 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Omg this is horrible. A team could not ever make it anywhere near the finals with a tandem of Boucher and Leighton. The Flyers are doomed!

Old
04-18-2011, 11:51 AM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
How about a shot in a beer?
CARBOMBS FOR EVERYONE!!!!

I just broke out my fifth of vodka, hopefully I'll be a happy drunk come game time, or able to pass out quick in the event of epic collapse.

Closed Thread