HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Z goes through full practice, ready to go soon!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2011, 07:39 PM
  #101
Heaton
Moderator
#hope
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,164
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Z didn't have a setback.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...-ice-for-Wings

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 07:52 PM
  #102
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 9,157
vCash: 500
So far nothing but good news regarding the status of Z. He won't play in game three, but he should be able to come back eventually, rested and ready to go.

This is going to sound ridiculous, which it is. He said he was 5% better yesterday so assuming he gets 5% better everyday and he is at 50% atm. He said he is 40-70%, that means 10 days and he is 100%..WOOO HOO.

Yeah its dumb, but I wanna be as optimistic as possible regarding Z's health.

WingedWheel1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 10:15 PM
  #103
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster
 
Motown Beatdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 8,569
vCash: 500
Keep winning and they can let Z rest up. IMO it's important to win atleast 1 game in Phoenix (hopefully both) that way Z isn't rushed back for game 6.

p.s. I think Z needs the hyperbaric chamber....ala Yzerman

Motown Beatdown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:04 PM
  #104
bullocks
Registered User
 
bullocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
So far nothing but good news regarding the status of Z. He won't play in game three, but he should be able to come back eventually, rested and ready to go.

This is going to sound ridiculous, which it is. He said he was 5% better yesterday so assuming he gets 5% better everyday and he is at 50% atm. He said he is 40-70%, that means 10 days and he is 100%..WOOO HOO.

Yeah its dumb, but I wanna be as optimistic as possible regarding Z's health.
He should be back in 10 days. MCL sprain takes about 3 weeks to heal, factoring in that it's also the playoffs and well - 10 days would be 3 weeks almost exactly.

bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:51 AM
  #105
Wings4Life
Registered User
 
Wings4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Posts: 2,207
vCash: 500
If Z comes back and is at least 90%, I like our chances.

Not just against Phoenix, but for the Cup itself.

Wings4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 10:00 AM
  #106
67coach
Registered User
 
67coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Country: England
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
I think it depends on how Phoenix play, If they try to shut down the top line and have any success, I think you may see Z in game four. Hear me out!!! I know your yelling already....But if the Coyotes can stop Datsyuk (Having last change) I think if Hank is at 70% Babcock may use him as a diversion.
Hank at 70% with Bert and Hudler is way better than anything that Phoenix has to offer and will make Tippet think twice about what he has to do.

67coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 10:25 AM
  #107
SirKillalot
Registered User
 
SirKillalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings4Life View Post
If Z comes back and is at least 90%, I like our chances.

Not just against Phoenix, but for the Cup itself.
First take care of Phoenix. Then, if we go through. He needs to be 110% ready to go.

SirKillalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:26 AM
  #108
Yemack
Registered User
 
Yemack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Beatdown View Post
p.s. I think Z needs the hyperbaric chamber....ala Yzerman
I heard alot of stories that it not only worked but worked marvelously.

Yemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:29 AM
  #109
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 9,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemack View Post
I heard alot of stories that it not only worked but worked marvelously.
I remember Michael Jackson sleeping in one of those.

There has to be a downside to using the chamber though right? If there wasn't I would imagine every player in the NHL or all professional sports would use one the second they got injured.

WingedWheel1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:38 AM
  #110
Ricelund
We like our team.
 
Ricelund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
There has to be a downside to using the chamber though right? If there wasn't I would imagine every player in the NHL or all professional sports would use one the second they got injured.
Yeah, there is... you're sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber.

Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:02 PM
  #111
Shoalzie
Registered User
 
Shoalzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Portland, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 14,444
vCash: 500
If they win tonight, there's little point in bringing him in at any point in this series unless this goes the distance. I'd expect his return to happen in the next round, at the earliest. The lineup in the first two games has been working...just need to stay out of the box.

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:08 PM
  #112
Yemack
Registered User
 
Yemack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
I remember Michael Jackson sleeping in one of those.

There has to be a downside to using the chamber though right? If there wasn't I would imagine every player in the NHL or all professional sports would use one the second they got injured.
Actually I'm not sure if MJ actually slept in one of those. You don't actually 'sleep' in it overnight per say. I heard it's like a treatment and you never do more than 1~2 hr max a day.

As for why it has not caught on yet... I dont know. Maybe some people feel claustrophobic or just find that idea very weird. Plus, you might need someone watch over you in case of emergency during the treatment. or maybe some other reasons.

I wouldnt mind trying it if I were injured.

Yemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:21 PM
  #113
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 13,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
I remember Michael Jackson sleeping in one of those.

There has to be a downside to using the chamber though right? If there wasn't I would imagine every player in the NHL or all professional sports would use one the second they got injured.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbaric_medicine

Quote:
Possible complications and concerns

There are risks associated with HBOT, similar to some diving disorders. Pressure changes can cause a "squeeze" or barotrauma in the tissues surrounding trapped air inside the body, such as the lungs,[64] behind the eardrum,[65][66] inside paranasal sinuses,[65] or trapped underneath dental fillings.[67] Breathing high-pressure oxygen may cause oxygen toxicity.[68] Temporarily blurred vision can be caused by swelling of the lens, which usually resolves in two to four weeks.[69][70]

There are reports that cataract may progress following HBOT.[71] Also a rare side effect has been blindness secondary to optic neuritis (inflammation of the optic nerve).

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:33 PM
  #114
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 13,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
If they win tonight, there's little point in bringing him in at any point in this series unless this goes the distance. I'd expect his return to happen in the next round, at the earliest. The lineup in the first two games has been working...just need to stay out of the box.
Exactly, if there is no need for Z at this point, let him heal with a less demanding timetable.

Winning this series 4-0 would be really convenient, since not only Z would get his rehab time but the rest of the guys could heal their bumps and bruises. Especially if we have to play Anaheim next. Lidstrom should invest in some "protection" and Mule could do with a few days off too

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:53 PM
  #115
lilja4mvp*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Especially if we have to play Anaheim next.
LA will not upset san jose.

it'll be wings-sharks in round 2.

lilja4mvp* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:43 PM
  #116
icKx
Subtle interference
 
icKx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Intertubes
Country: United States
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
They were fortunate to win game one and looked about as bad as I've seen them in game two. Will the Sharks play that awful again? Probably not, but their PK sucks and it's never beyond Thornton and Marleau to go missing for a few games.

icKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:59 PM
  #117
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 14,598
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by icKx View Post
They were fortunate to win game one and looked about as bad as I've seen them in game two. Will the Sharks play that awful again? Probably not, but their PK sucks and it's never beyond Thornton and Marleau to go missing for a few games.
I also think LA is a bad match-up for them. They have so many big bodied forwards to work the boards in the offensive zone, and SJ had a weak blueline before White went down. If LA keeps working hard, and just throwing the puck in deep and crashing bodies, I'm not sure SJ can win that type of war - at least not without some injuries piling up.

__________________
RIP David
Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:30 PM
  #118
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Exactly, if there is no need for Z at this point, let him heal with a less demanding timetable.

Winning this series 4-0 would be really convenient, since not only Z would get his rehab time but the rest of the guys could heal their bumps and bruises. Especially if we have to play Anaheim next. Lidstrom should invest in some "protection" and Mule could do with a few days off too
I wonder what his face will look like by the end of this series the rate he's been going

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:47 PM
  #119
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 13,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
I wonder what his face will look like by the end of this series the rate he's been going


Maybe he's going for the Sawchuk look

btw, nice trolling there ricky

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 08:33 PM
  #120
Flowah
Registered User
 
Flowah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,342
vCash: 500
http://redwings.nhl.com/club/preview...id=DL|DET|home

Quote:
Injury report: The Wings' Henrik Zetterberg hasn't played since April 6 with a lower-body injury, but the latest reports were that he would be traveling with the club to Phoenix and will be a game-time decision Monday night.
That sounds like good news to me! Better than some of the 3-6 week reports anyway. But yeah, as long as we're winning, no need to rush him back and knock him out of the playoffs. Last resort people.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 08:35 PM
  #121
chances14
Registered User
 
chances14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I also think LA is a bad match-up for them. They have so many big bodied forwards to work the boards in the offensive zone, and SJ had a weak blueline before White went down. If LA keeps working hard, and just throwing the puck in deep and crashing bodies, I'm not sure SJ can win that type of war - at least not without some injuries piling up.
i didn't really expect much from the kings after kopitar went down but they have surprised me. they very easily could be up 2-0 in this series. san jose will have to play better than they did in the first 2 if they want to win this series

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 04:33 PM
  #122
Heaton
Moderator
#hope
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,164
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
http://www.freep.com/article/2011041...064/1053/rss17

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 05:14 PM
  #123
bullocks
Registered User
 
bullocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,168
vCash: 500
Video of Z skating - looks pretty good.

http://yfrog.com/n0outbz

bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 05:20 PM
  #124
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 10,111
vCash: 500
Nice!

Hopefully the Wings can close them out tomorrow and get Z back for round 2.

Run the Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 05:14 AM
  #125
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Norway
Posts: 9,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullocks View Post
Video of Z skating - looks pretty good.

http://yfrog.com/n0outbz
Well, does it mean he can be back soon, very soon?

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.