HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Bruce Boudreau to 105.9, on MSG crowd (Update: Backing down?)

Old
04-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Robert604strom

vCash: 500
I think Bruce is right. I watched the game on t.v and the fans didnt really look into it at all. They got kind of loud when they got the game winning goal but for being new york i expected it to be way better than what it actually was.

Robert604strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
Give the fatman a break. You have to read between the lines with Boudreau.

When he says

"Well, the one thing, its reputation is far better than the actual building," the coach said.

He means - The food sucks.

When he says

"I mean, it's nothing. The locker rooms are horrible."

He means - There's no kitchen in the locker rooms

When he says

"The benches are horrible."

He means - The benches should be made of something edible

When he says

"There's no room for anything."

He means - He gets tired of holding his 20 piece KFC bucket all period because that only leaves one hand to eat with.

When he says

"Also, our building's a lot louder, too. So I mean, they can say what they want, but it's not that loud in there."

He means - I always miss the hotdog vendors as they are going by because they don't yell "Get your dogs here" loud enough
Well done, sir.

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:56 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I'm telling you guys, it's the dimensions and acoustic structures of the respective buildings. You're playing/sitting in a sardine can when you play in DC. Coupled with modern acoustic design, of course it's going to be deafening in there.

MSG is quite a bit more spacious, and is an old, old building. Why would anyone expect it to be as loud as a new, small arena? It's like comparing the atmosphere at a new, baseball-specific stadium to those old general purpose monstrosities. Oh, it's louder at the ballpark? No ****, why would anyone think otherwise?

That's not to discount the points that others have made, particularly regarding the decline of the blue seats and the rise of the corporate culture at the Garden. That's certainly true. But if one were to relocate the Verizon Center crowd to MSG, you'd be experiencing the same level of volume and intensity as we see with our fans each night.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:59 AM
boxcar
we want MOORE

BB is just trying to take the pressure off his team after a loss. he'd rather talk about ANYTHING other than the fact that they were beat. I was at game 1 in DC (and at least a 6 games a year). VZ was & is very loud. There was also enough Ranger fans there to disrupt the home crowd with "lets go Rangers" chants. I doubt thats happening at MSG.
Fact is they are 2 different entertainment experiences all together. MSG is an older building with way different lighting & acoustics. VZ is very modern & the game presentation is a full on assault of lights & sound. The Cap fans may be bandwagoners but they are very passionate & loud.

BB better be concerned with winning this series or he's gonna be facing unemployment. His comments may piss off some NY fans but they will have no impact on the NYR players

boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:02 PM
The Perfect Paradox
On hiatus.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
http://twitter.com/kcarrera

#Caps Michal Neuvirth was asked what Sean Avery was saying to him in Gm3: "The crowd was pretty loud, so I couldn’t understand."

lol. Whatever Bruce.
That just made his comments seem even more stupid.

I understand the fact that after you lose a game you will find anything to "degrade" the other team, but he's sounding really foolish.

He's verbally attacking an Original 6 fan base who gets treated like **** year after year by management, but continues to show up to games and support their team despite having some of the highest priced tickets in the league.

The Caps "fans" were non-existent until they sucked enough to draft Backstrom, Ovechkin and Green. Even after drafting those elite players, they weren't able to fill their arena until the 08-09 season.

Also, maybe if he lost a couple of pounds, he wouldn't be so uncomfortable behind the bench.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Regime View Post
In Game 4, if anyone knows someone with tickets behind the Caps bench, can you tell them to print out a massive cheeseburger and just tape it to the glass behind their bench? I think that would be hilarious.
Or someone can even take a trip down there with a good pic...Like the one in this thread of Fatso diving at the hot dog. Give it to the people in the row!

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:03 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Not necessarily. It means a guy with no real history, a career minor leaguer who barely made it to the NHL, attacked an original six team, a historic arena and a loyal fanbase, a fanbase that regardless of how loud their arena gets, is more loyal than his fanbase will ever be or can even hope to ever be.

It's about respect and boudreau has very little. He could have just kept his mouth shut, but obviously that is difficult for him to do.
With all of that said, he wasn't wrong in his assessment.

If he was not asked the question and just blurted it out, that's one thing.

But if he is asked a question and provides his honest answer, one that isn't/wasn't wrong, then so be it.

He will have to play there again on Wednesday, maybe the Garden faithful provide him with a different atmosphere?

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:06 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:

When he says

"Well, the one thing, its reputation is far better than the actual building," the coach said.

When he says

When he says

When he says

He means - He gets tired of holding his 20 piece KFC bucket all period because that only leaves one hand to eat with.

When he says

"Also, our building's a lot louder, too. So I mean, they can say what they want, but it's not that loud in there."

He means - I always miss the hotdog vendors as they are going by because they don't yell "Get your dogs here" loud enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 409 View Post
Right, so he should disrespect a loyal fanbase, because Caps fans have always been there. Please, he should shut his fat hole.

Do you have any idea what a ticket costs where all the corporations seats are? It's $68.00 a game in the 400's if you aren't going through ticketmaster. Through ticketmaster it is around $90 I believe. I imagine it is not cheap to sit down there at all. Fact is, it was not quiet there yesterday, at all.
Couldn't agree more...I don't know where people are getting this crap that it wasn't loud yesterday. I watched that game from home, and all I kept saying to my wife was, "Holy ****, it's loud in there." and "Man, I wish I was there today." You could hear very loud LGR chants right from the beginning. And when they took the 2-1 lead on Prospal's goal, that place erupted.

Seriously though.."Food"dreau can shove it. We beat his team on Wednesday, and he's in a whole world of ****!

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I got a better idea for Fatso.

I'm not good at photoshop but someone should photoshop his on one of those motivational successories posters. You know the ones that say, Determination, or Perserverence, Attitude etc and then have the small definition underneath it.

http://www.successories.com/

But change the word to something like Gluttony. And then just have Fatso's head there, or his head and beach ball belly.

If it's good enough, I swear I will fit the bill for a hundred color posters of it and have them snuck in and handed out at the Garden .

Old
04-18-2011, 12:22 PM
KreiMeARiver
PHI has potential!

I would be there cheering my team on, loudly, but I REFUSE to support the legalized scalping industry. youknowwho charges double face value + fees PLUS the prices are too expensive, anyway.

KreiMeARiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
With all of that said, he wasn't wrong in his assessment.

If he was not asked the question and just blurted it out, that's one thing.

But if he is asked a question and provides his honest answer, one that isn't/wasn't wrong, then so be it.

He will have to play there again on Wednesday, maybe the Garden faithful provide him with a different atmosphere?
Well said Sir.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:26 PM
KingWantsCup
United we stand

vCash: 50
He's basically asking for us Ranger fans to be louder.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:26 PM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

Quote:

When he says

When he says

When he says

When he says

When he says

"There's no room for anything"

Try sitting in Fenway.

BroadwayBlues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

This got me pissed. Ill agree with some people that TO AN EXTENT, the garden has become a corporate place where clients are wined and dined, but the 300s and 400s and a large majority of the 200s is hardcore broadway blue fans and we are not frontrunners or bandwagon piker fans. HALF OF THE CAPS FANBASE HAD NO CLUE THE TEAM EXISTED BEFORE OVECHKIN CAME ALONG, BOTTOM LINE!!! AND IF THEY DID KNOW THEY EXISTED, THEY GAVE A FLYING F^&$ ABOUT THEM!! We go through miserey, pain, dissappointment, heart palpitations through each second of each game for this team. That arena is one of the top 5 places to watch a professional sporting event IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, HANDS DOWN. It is unanimously considered that the rangers goal horn and song is the best in all of hockey, and everybody knows the NHL would not be where it is without the revenue the rangers generate, and what the rangers have brought to the league as an original six team. Aside from the canadien teams, the madhouse on madison, joe louis and MAYBE boston who msg is still is better then, you cannot compare anything to MSG regular season or playoffs, especially if your not one of the aforementioned teams/arenas.

Where are our fixed drafts like the pens got?? Wheres our calls? WE DONT GET ANY BECAUSE THE NHL AND EVERYONE ELSE KNOWS WIN OR LOSE, MISERABLE OR HAPPY, THE THOUSANDS OF RANGERS FANS WILL ALWAYS BE THERE AND ALWAYS SCREAM AND YELL AND LOVE THE BROADWAY BLUE. WINNING OR LOSING DOESN'T CHANGE THAT!!

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Step 1: Sather calls up Shoenfeld from Connecticut as "Interim Assistant Coach" for one game.

Step 2: Shoenfeld waits until the camera/microphones are on whatever little weasel the network puts in between the two benches (Pang, McGuire, etc)

Step 3: Shoenfeld yells "Hey Bruce, you fat pig! Have another doughnut! Have another doughnut!"

Step 4: Incident is broadcast on TV, Ranger fans rejoice, Sather smirks and enjoys a cigar; HFBoards explodes.

Step 5: Campbell declines to fine Shoenfeld, based on a late night visit from Dubi's 'stache..

Frozen North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:30 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Looks like there's a new "Fatso" in town.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I got a better idea for Fatso.

I'm not good at photoshop but someone should photoshop his on one of those motivational successories posters. You know the ones that say, Determination, or Perserverence, Attitude etc and then have the small definition underneath it.

http://www.successories.com/

But change the word to something like Gluttony. And then just have Fatso's head there, or his head and beach ball belly.

If it's good enough, I swear I will fit the bill for a hundred color posters of it and have them snuck in and handed out at the Garden .
Something like this?

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:33 PM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
crappy locker rooms and tight benches are things done to visiting teams come the PO's to make them uncomfortable.

It's been going on for decades.

They should force the back up goalie to sit with the Zamboni's.

Some Org's went as far as leaving Zamboni's on the ice for opposing teams practice.

All in the name of competition.

It's all good, it's the PO's.
Don't the Rangers have a tight bench too? It's the way the arena is aligned.

I believe their locker room is crappy too. It's not just the visiting team. They still got concrete blocks for walls for goodness sake.

The renovation should make things a lot better.

BroadwayBlues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Don't just SAY it's loud,

****ING say it's loud!!

04-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 409 View Post
Something like this?

BANG!

Love it.

Old
04-18-2011, 12:42 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Don't just SAY it's loud,

****ING say it's loud!!

That was one of my favorite parts of 24/7: "Don't just think you want it, go out there and ****ing want it!"

Great inspirational speech, Bruce! The F-Bomb will surely make your team want it even more!

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post

That was one of my favorite parts of 24/7: "Don't just think you want it, go out there and ****ing want it!"

Great inspirational speech, Bruce! The F-Bomb will surely make your team want it even more!
Surely one of the most epic lines ever uttered in all of sports.

"Down goes Frazier!!"

"Do you believe in miracles?"

"Don't just think you want it, go out there and ****ing want it!"

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:52 PM
HockeyBurd*

Definitely an idiot. However, it's true. Unless you count booing, it's one of the deadest bunch of fans in that arena. People too busy typing on their Blackberries probably.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:55 PM
NYRKindms

TSN has an article where Boudreau is talking about a hit on Green by Staal. He wants the league to look at it and saying the Rangers have been targeting the head.

Anyone know what hit he is talking about / have video ?

NYRKindms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:57 PM
KreiMeARiver
PHI has potential!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
Definitely an idiot. However, it's true. Unless you count booing, it's one of the deadest bunch of fans in that arena. People too busy typing on their Blackberries probably.
The real fans can't afford to go to games, anymore. The legalized scalping sites still had what, like 25% of the tickets? Such a joke. Those site have RUINED concerts/sporting events. But this is America, and greed ALWAYS wins and ruins a good thing.

KreiMeARiver is online now   Reply With Quote