HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where's the prefix for ********?

Old
04-18-2011, 01:03 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Where's the prefix for ********?

Raffi Torres is not being suspended for his direct hit to the head of Brent Seabrook, as per Darren Dreger through Bob Mckenzie.

This is so sad that the NHL is not suspending that piece of ****. I guess someone has to break their necks before the NHL will take this seriously.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:11 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

This is a bad joke.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:25 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Let me see, we have a charge, interference, from the blind side and to the head .... and this does not fall under the new "head hits" rule?

If Seabrook had been seriously injured (and the verdict is still out) this hit would warrant 10 games for a repeat offender.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:29 PM
canucks95

It's really sad to see how the NHL is handling these hits to the head, in my opinion, Torres should have been suspended, but the reality is the NHL is just way too inconsistent making calls like this, I can recall probably 3 different occasions where someone has taken a run at Dan Hamhuis with a hit to the head and nothing, but you see other guys getting suspended for a hit that was questionable at worst.

The reality is, no one really knows what is spendable and what isn't, seeing a guy like Seabrook getting a shot to the head what seems every couple months with no suspensions, makes you wonder if anyone in the NHL understands what the rule is.

canucks95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:31 PM
MadHouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Where are all these Dmen? Are you talking about Staios and Ward, to which Staios was undecided?

Targeting a players head, then claiming it to be incidental when this ***** has done it time and again is pathetic. There was nothing incidental about that hit, he targeted his head, and if he plays tomorrow, he's going to get ***** by Scott.
the Scott part gives me a hard on.

MadHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:32 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Unless someone can pin Torres down I'm not exactly sure how Scott's going to catch him

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Diah

When I first saw the hit, I thought it was going to be 5 + game misconduct + 2 games because he just got off of a suspension for a comparable (albeit not entirely similar) hit, apparently not getting the message, especially with his defiant attitude; if it weren't Raffi Torres, then just a 5 minute major and no supplemental discipline, or one game. After getting the evening off and watching it again, I don't feel much differently as to my initial perceived reaction, but reasoning has changed. I think a big part of the no suspension came from various angles that seem to show the initial point of contact was not the head, although the head was hit in the process - this doesn't rule out intent though as it was relatively obvious he had no intention on playing the puck. The "he should have kept his head up" argument is a moot point, because the NHL has (recently) repeatedly shown that the onus of protection is on the aggressor in these situations. The validity of this position can be debated elsewhere though.

I also firmly believe that if Seabrook would have had any sort of discernable injury, it would be a completely different reaction from the NHL, which is a different (and incredibly ridiculous) position once again better left out for another topic.

Diah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:45 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Jump his after a whistle? I'm not talking about doing anything clean or "the right way". I'm talking about Scott rag dolling him and destroying his will to ever set foot on a hockey rink ever again.
I just laughed really hard but I fully agree on this post. All you canucks fans can shut the **** up. Seriously. Maybe the league should take a look at your biased ass referees as well.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:51 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslehr View Post
All you wishing Scott to end Torres career or anything to that ilk... really? Mad much?
Why are Canuck fans all over these boards, are you all lost?

I'm rightfully pissed off. Torres is a piece of ****, watching him get what he deserves would be great entertainment, and would make Scott signing on the dotted line 100% worth every penny.

Old
04-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Illinihockey

This is terrible news for the Canucks. I hope the Hawks don't do it, but this ruiling makes it more probably someone on the Hawks does something stupid tomorrow. When Brouwer elbows Hanmuis in the head and knocks him out of the playoffs everyone will know why.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:53 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
This is terrible news for the Canucks. I hope the Hawks don't do it, but this ruiling makes it more probably someone on the Hawks does something stupid tomorrow. When Brouwer elbows Hanmuis in the head and knocks him out of the playoffs everyone will know why.
As long as Hamhuis is turning behind the net, and completely unsuspecting I'm okay with that, after all, we do have rules to abide by don't we?

Old
04-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Section331

I think anyone calling for Scott to end Torres game or playoffs or career by "jumping" him should not be allowed to ever get mad at the hit on Seabrook, the hit on Bolland, or be allowed to call out Bertuzzi again.

An Eye for an Eye is just gross. I want the NHL to be full of healthy players, not full of vegetable alumni.

Section331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:58 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslehr View Post
He made a hard, high hit. If that is enough to want Torres to get pasted from behind headfirst into the boards (or whatever your bloodlust desires) you should see a shrink.

Besides, Seabrook is fine, so why are you so pissed anyway? If he had a major concussion I'd see the need for retribution (albeit not as extreme as you want it)

By the way, not an elbow, not to the head.
I want Torres jumped after a whistle and rag dolled by Scott, come on, lets not get ridiculous.

Seabrook is a tough SOB, even if he was dealing with symptoms I doubt he would make it known. Seabrook looked KOed by an Abdelkader elbow last week, now this, I think it's safe to assume if he was Hamhuis, he'd be announcing his retirement right now.

Old
04-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Well I dont like this one bit

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Feel free to wish for

- Fight invovling Torres
- Big hit invovling Torres
- Big hit inviolving Canuck
- Fight involving Canuck

Dont go over the line though and wish anything life altering or Bertuzzi like on him

Old
04-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Brouwer isn't that stupid ,, Never shown to be that stupid

Old
04-18-2011, 02:08 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

This is ****ing ********

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Sarava

I'm surprised he didn't get suspended, but whatever. We have bigger problems than this.

I don't know how the game will go tomorrow. I can envision a scenerio whee if the Hawks fall down early, they may just mentally implode. If that turns out to be the case, I hope they stay classy. Seabrook seems to be fine and we don't need to see our team act like sore losers over it. If they lose, they lose. Get over it and come back strong next year. And do it with some class.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:13 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Im goin' to the game tomorrow. I expect the helldogs to be let loose on that piece of ****.

Old
04-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Illinihockey

Quotes coming from the Hawks are not happy. Things may get ugly tomorrow.

Old
04-18-2011, 02:23 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Quotes coming from the Hawks are not happy. Things may get ugly tomorrow.
Let the fun, finally, begin.

Old
04-18-2011, 02:23 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

I really hope it does get ugly. If you can't beat em' then beat em'

Old
04-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

this is a joke...

but nothing will happen against the Nucks - the chosen one for 10/11

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:11 PM
CrazyCanucks

The NHL is a joke. What this really does is open the door so gutless pukes like Cooke can hit blindside behind the net as that is ok according to Rule 48. All this does is now the Hawks will take runs at the Canucks behind the net because it is ok.

I though the NHL wanted to clean up headshots, this does nothing. The NHL need to do more, like the NFL. Look at them. The best defenive player Harrison was find 100 grande and he now gets it. Why is the NHL so slow in reacting.

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
The NHL is a joke. What this really does is open the door so gutless pukes like Cooke can hit blindside behind the net as that is ok according to Rule 48. All this does is now the Hawks will take runs at the Canucks behind the net because it is ok.

I though the NHL wanted to clean up headshots, this does nothing. The NHL need to do more, like the NFL. Look at them. The best defenive player Harrison was find 100 grande and he now gets it. Why is the NHL so slow in reacting.
Agree with you 100%. I'd actually be pissed if I was a Canucks fan because I would be fearful someone on the Hawks is going to take a stupid shot at one of our players since the NHL won't do its job. You can't pay lip service to concussions and head shots and then have a guy throw a head shot his first game back from being suspended for a head shot and do nothing.