HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

POTG & GBR: ECQF Game 3 vs. Washington Capitals

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: ECQF Game 3 vs. Washington Capitals
Brian Boyle 12 6.63%
Brandon Dubinsky 105 58.01%
Ruslan Fedotenko 20 11.05%
Dan Girardi 4 2.21%
Henrik Lundqvist 20 11.05%
Ryan McDonagh 3 1.66%
Vaclav Prospal 8 4.42%
Brandon Prust 5 2.76%
Michael Sauer 0 0%
Marc Staal 2 1.10%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-18-2011, 02:26 PM
LamoTheKid

vCash: 500
Ummm, I was in Sec 416 yesterday, and while quiet doesn't describe it, there was certainly large stretches of time between the Ovie goal and the Dubie goal where all you got was an "oooh" or "GABORIK YOURE SO WEAK YOU LITTLE SISSY" (ahhh the blue seats, gotta love em!). It was more of an uneasy muffled time. LGR chants couldn't catch on, there was some awful popwer play that really got everyone groaning.

The place wasn't "rocking" for the full 60 mins (but we certainly woke up during our offensive pressure and the 3 goals). Can I compare that to the WAS arena? No, of course not. Was Boudreau right? Sort of, but not really. I don't see why you guys are getting so bent out of shape about his comments.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:30 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post
Ummm, I was in Sec 416 yesterday, and while quiet doesn't describe it, there was certainly large stretches of time between the Ovie goal and the Dubie goal where all you got was an "oooh" or "GABORIK YOURE SO WEAK YOU LITTLE SISSY" (ahhh the blue seats, gotta love em!). It was more of an uneasy muffled time. LGR chants couldn't catch on, there was some awful popwer play that really got everyone groaning.

The place wasn't "rocking" for the full 60 mins (but we certainly woke up during our offensive pressure and the 3 goals). Can I compare that to the WAS arena? No, of course not. Was Boudreau right? Sort of, but not really. I don't see why you guys are getting so bent out of shape about his comments.
Its called tension. Tied at 2 late in the game, ranger fans are tense, its expected, they are watching the game and into it. Tied at 2 late in the game caps fans aren't tense and are yelling, wanna know why? Because the scoreboard tells them to. I went to the game in January the 2-1 shoot out win and it was great, right after the crowd was all pumped up after their little unleash the fury bs montage on the scoreboard the rangers tied it up. freakin awesome. You want to hear that place quiet? Lets get this to a game 7 and blow them out in their building, then you will hear quiet, of course I would rather win the next three and be done with that pathetic organization.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:37 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Its called tension. Tied at 2 late in the game, ranger fans are tense, its expected, they are watching the game and into it.
Thank you very much for explaining tension to me. And here was was a ranger fan since 85, at game 3, not understanding such a thing. It's nice to know our fans are into the games, when Washington fans aren't. Ever. Until the scoreboard tells them to.
Quote:
Tied at 2 late in the game caps fans aren't tense and are yelling, wanna know why? Because the scoreboard tells them to. I went to the game in January the 2-1 shoot out win and it was great, right after the crowd was all pumped up after their little unleash the fury bs montage on the scoreboard the rangers tied it up. freakin awesome. You want to hear that place quiet? Lets get this to a game 7 and blow them out in their building, then you will hear quiet, of course I would rather win the next three and be done with that pathetic organization.
Ahahaha, OH NOES THE SCOREBOARD IS GETTING PEOPLE PUMPED UP. I'm sure the Rangers don't do anything like that to get us pumped up...certainly not a guy named Dancin Larry, or the Paul Newman clips, or Samuel Jackson telling us to get pumped. Nah, they don't do anything like that at the Garden

EDIT: Had the caps been up 4-2 with 15 mins left to go, the Garden would have been silent. Or is that just "tension"?

Old
04-18-2011, 02:44 PM
truebluegoalie

Wow, sensitive much? Ever been to a game at the Verizon center? The game is secondary to all the bs. Much different than msg

And it wasn't meant as a knock on you. It was meant to show the difference between knowledgeable ranger fans and bandwagon caps fans.

Old
04-18-2011, 03:02 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Saw this very interesting and relevant comment on the TSN article:

Really Bruce? Funny, you were awful quiet when Brashear blatantly attempted to injure Betts two years ago. And then, Betts wasn't bent over putting his head in a vulnerable position like Green was.
I don't think this is a can of worms that McRibGuy wants to open.

Last edited by NHRangerfan: 04-18-2011 at 03:16 PM.
NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Guys this is NYC the capital of the world , let's not let one fatty get us down.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:11 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Wow, sensitive much? Ever been to a game at the Verizon center? The game is secondary to all the bs. Much different than msg

And it wasn't meant as a knock on you. It was meant to show the difference between knowledgeable ranger fans and bandwagon caps fans.
Ever seen all of the businessmen in corporate seats in the Garden who couldn't be bothered to look up from their blackberries during the game? Their entire fanbase isn't bandwagon fans just as ours aren't all Gordie Howe PhDs. I haven't been to a game a VZW Center, have you been to one at MSG? A lot of the same things happen there (outside of the incessant horn blowing, then again, we have the Potvin Sucks chant every 10 mins so it's damn close).

I was being semi-sarcastic, no offense taken, don't take any from me.

Old
04-18-2011, 03:12 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Yeah, I had forgotten bout that hit though

Old
04-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Vito Andolini

Quote:

Never seen a game at the Verizon center, but let's not get all high and mighty about how hardcore The Garden is. Last time I was there they were shooting t-shirts into the crowd and playing that god awful 'Everybody clap yo hanz' garbage.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:14 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

This might want to go on the first page of the thread

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
No what he wants to do is to have the refs allow the Caps to obstruct freely behind the play - their vaunted defensive sytem relies on it. He also wants the refs to both physically protect Carlson and Alzner and simultaneously allow them to clutch and grab as they are too soft to actually be effective in a physical game. He also wants additional calls like that on Christensen for goalie interference, otherwise Neuvirth will crack like in game 3.

The question is whether the league will go for his blatant pleas to have the refs protect and coddle the Caps. From Boudreau's and Backstrom's post-game comments, it's clear that Washington had no intent of working hard in the first round and were hoping to score off dazzling rushes and six in a row tic-tac-toe passes. Damn Rangers ruining everything - refs, make them stop like you did at the awesome superloud extra wide rows Verizon Center!

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:25 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post
Ever seen all of the businessmen in corporate seats in the Garden who couldn't be bothered to look up from their blackberries during the game? Their entire fanbase isn't bandwagon fans just as ours aren't all Gordie Howe PhDs. I haven't been to a game a VZW Center, have you been to one at MSG? A lot of the same things happen there (outside of the incessant horn blowing, then again, we have the Potvin Sucks chant every 10 mins so it's damn close).

I was being semi-sarcastic, no offense taken, don't take any from me.
I have been to both msg and Verizon center. I have also been to Carolina and buffalo. Buffalo was a great place to see a game, Carolina was ok, a lot like the caps experience actually.

There is just a significant difference between the two places. Two years ago a buddy of mine came down for the weekend and we went to a rangers game in dc, said he probably wouldn't go to another game there, said it was too much like a circus.

Old
04-18-2011, 03:33 PM
truebluegoalie

So any way, back to the game...

Thought it was interesting to see that that great shutdown pair of the caps that nbc kept noting were a- 1 and a -2. I only not that because of all the grief girardi and staal got for being- 2 in game 1

Old
04-18-2011, 03:45 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

So since I found out that the horn guy is essentially using a vuvuzela. I had to update this classic photo.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:38 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:

Thought it was interesting to see that that great shutdown pair of the caps that nbc kept noting were a- 1 and a -2. I only not that because of all the grief girardi and staal got for being- 2 in game 1
It wasn't their fault don't yo know the refs gave us the game, Rangers played dirty, and the Caps don't but should start...it's like the bar scene from Star Wars in that group

Old
04-18-2011, 04:44 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:

...according to Brooks, Nuewirth passed on the post game press conference yesterday and per Brooks he managed to appear after he won the first 2 games...LMAO...McRib is melting down and Bebe is hiding in the locker room.

Old
04-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Saw this very interesting and relevant comment on the TSN article:

Really Bruce? Funny, you were awful quiet when Brashear blatantly attempted to injure Betts two years ago. And then, Betts wasn't bent over putting his head in a vulnerable position like Green was.
Good call brother!

And that hit def changed the momentum. Brashear should have been banned from the NHL, instead we reward him with $$millions.

04-18-2011, 04:54 PM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
This might want to go on the first page of the thread

we got a commercial. nice.

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:44 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
No, apparently I've only been to the quiet ones. We can't all be as lucky and worldly as you.

Tell us a story daddy!
I'll tell you a story, little boy.

It was a quiet playoff game.

How was that?

Why you are personally offended by this is a mystery. Why you have an attitude about it is an even bigger mystery. Why are you upset that a fan thought a playoff game was unusually quiet?

It makes it seem like you have a personal stake in how loud the crowd was. Did you feel personally criticized? Do you think I was being critical of the crowd? I wasn't, if that makes you feel better.

All I did was state that it was unusually quiet. It's called an observation. Sorry my innocuous comment caused you so much angst.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:52 PM
EEDAWGZ

of course it was quiet, afternoon game with a bunch of kiddies and tourists in the crowd, die hards cant afford good tickets anymore. Thank MSG for that

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 06:03 PM
For Your Technology

OT:

Anyone else watching MSG right now with the Domi vs. Probert fight game? My girlfriend and I are just hanging watching it and can't figure out who is doing color while Sam is doing play-by-play. Any help would be appreciated.

For Your Technology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 06:20 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by For Your Technology View Post
Anyone else watching MSG right now with the Domi vs. Probert fight game? My girlfriend and I are just hanging watching it and can't figure out who is doing color while Sam is doing play-by-play. Any help would be appreciated.
Sal Messina

varanger94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 06:24 PM
For Your Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
Sal Messina
Thank you dude.

For Your Technology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 07:15 PM
polako

I think it's time to lay off McCabe a little. Anyone who has scouted this team for even 2 minutes of PP time know that he's the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd option, so naturally, the opposing forwards are going to cheat towards him more than the other point man.

Remember when Jagr was running the PP? He couldn't get going sometimes because there was just no space for him, because the other 4 guys on the ice always looked to him first. Same for McCabe.

I appreciate the fact that he's so calm with the puck and capable of keeping many clearing attempts in. When the team had MDZ, Staal, and others on PP, pucks would clear the zone much more frequently.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:40 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Final update made.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote