HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carrie Underwood - What should her presence be at games?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2011, 03:16 PM
  #26
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
Yea, a lot of us know what suite she's in.

Get a grip.

She shouldn't be shown on the jumbotron. She is a player's wife, not your amusement and not to be used for publicity.

I usually enjoy your remarks , but on this case , you're way out of line, imo. nothing personal. just leave her alone.

you want us to be PR ******, imo............and that is not what nashville is all about.

and thank goodness the predators organization knows it.
This sounds like vast overreaction. We have shown her on the jumbotron in the past before Fisher got here so it's not a huge issue. If we had a player married to someone just as famous but, for the lack of a better term, not as attractive, I'm sure we would show her on there from time to time also.

I don't think it matters much. Yeah she's a player's wife but she just so happens to be famous as well. If the team chooses to use that in a PR way, so be it I guess. Maybe for the sake of not doing it when/if Fisher leaves the Preds she doesn't want to market herself towards the team. Who knows?

Whatever, it is what it is. I couldn't care less if she's shown or not. It does get annoying to hear it nationally sometimes but it just comes with the territory I guess.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:04 PM
  #27
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 956
vCash: 500
I believe I posted this sentiment in the other thread - but what the heck..... Showing the wives is potentially intrusive; I like that the Preds keep that low-key and don't do that very often. That ought to extend to Mrs. Fisher/Ms. Underwood, as well. Most people talk about celebrities of all kinds liking Nashville cause we treat them like normal people and aren't always bugging them. I'm quite sure the famous folks can use a little down-time to just be themselves.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:43 PM
  #28
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
This sounds like vast overreaction. We have shown her on the jumbotron in the past before Fisher got here so it's not a huge issue. If we had a player married to someone just as famous but, for the lack of a better term, not as attractive, I'm sure we would show her on there from time to time also.

I don't think it matters much. Yeah she's a player's wife but she just so happens to be famous as well. If the team chooses to use that in a PR way, so be it I guess. Maybe for the sake of not doing it when/if Fisher leaves the Preds she doesn't want to market herself towards the team. Who knows?

Whatever, it is what it is. I couldn't care less if she's shown or not. It does get annoying to hear it nationally sometimes but it just comes with the territory I guess.
sorry it's not an over reaction... it's just a reaction to people who want to use the players wives for pr without their permission.......
in the past she wasn't a players wife.... this is an organization that takes care of their players.....and by extension their wives......

it is being a PR ***** to say "let's use one of our players wives for PR without their permission because they happen to be famous"...........and that is what the first post is about.
It would be considered unethical by this organization to do that. Too bad you can't see that.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:44 PM
  #29
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
I don't know about the "hee haw" fan base remark. I think if it was any other celebrity his/her face would be up on that jumbo tron just as frequently. Anyone remember during the hawks playoff run last year where Vince Vaughn was shown maybe 3-4 times during the course of the game. If there's a celebrity in the house, you better believe they'll be found.
Check the newspapers in Cali before the series started.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:50 PM
  #30
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
sorry it's not an over reaction... it's just a reaction to people who want to use the players wives for pr without their permission.......
in the past she wasn't a players wife.... this is an organization that takes care of their players.....and by extension their wives......

it is being a PR ***** to say "let's use one of our players wives for PR without their permission because they happen to be famous"...........and that is what the first post is about.
It would be considered unethical by this organization to do that. Too bad you can't see that.
Who has said anything about doing things without her permission? I'm not saying to do anything without permission. I'm saying if she didn't care then I don't see anything wrong with it. But I won't lose sleep over it either.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:58 PM
  #31
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Who has said anything about doing things without her permission? I'm not saying to do anything without permission. I'm saying if she didn't care then I don't see anything wrong with it. But I won't lose sleep over it either.
the person who started the thread... the first post..

he wanted to see her on the jumbotron and wanted to know what suite she was in also.

his point, which was what i was responding to initially, was to use her fame...

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:08 PM
  #32
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
the person who started the thread... the first post..

he wanted to see her on the jumbotron and wanted to know what suite she was in also.

his point, which was what i was responding to initially, was to use her fame...
He was probably just curious. I've been curious to know as well. That doesn't mean anything it's not like I'm going to violate any privacy. But it is possible to use fame/show her on the tron with her permission. If she doesn't want to be up there then she won't be. If the team wants to show her then I'm sure they'll seek her approval first.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 06:17 PM
  #33
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,283
vCash: 500
even i know this ... NO PICTURES OF HOT WOMEN

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 06:53 PM
  #34
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Underwood will be PR, whether she is shown on the Jumbotron or not. Every national broadcast constantly shows her.

I personally like that she's not shown in the arena. I think it would be distracting for Fisher to see/hear his wife constantly be cheered for at Pred's games. Not to mention other players who probably chime in with a smart-*** remark. Keep them focused on the game.

Somebody has made the decision not to show her-- be it Fisher, Underwood, Trotz, whoever. But I think it's the right one.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:51 PM
  #35
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
First, if you have an issue with the decision of a moderator (whether local to this board, global, or otherwise) DO NOT address it in the thread or anywhere on the public forums. That is the clear definition of moderator abuse and there were multiple messages in the new thread that could have been tagged for it.

This is your free pass. Don't expect to get away with it again.

If you have an issue with a moderator or their decision(s), please either address it in a PM, feel free to use the reporting system (little white/red triangle to the left of every message with the "!" in it), or send an e-mail to complaints@hfboards.com where it'll be handled without the input of the moderator(s) in question.

There are three options on how to appropriately deal with the issue. Please don't create more work for the mod(s) and put yourself at jeopardy of getting tagged with an infraction by posting about moderator decisions on the boards.

Onto the thread, I've re-opened the original thread and merged the second thread into the first. I've also deleted all of the pictures and will be changing the title by the time it is re-opened to reflect and define the topic at hand better.

Please refrain from posting pictures in the thread as you can see how that can easily derail the thread. Also comments that simply comment on Mrs. Underwood's physical appearance and do not discuss the topic at hand will be deleted.

I believe this is a legitimate discussion. Are the Predators and Mr. and Mrs. Fisher/Underwood making the right decision here to keep her off of the scoreboard and local broadcast feeds?

Thanks!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:28 PM
  #36
hattrick3518
Registered User
 
hattrick3518's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 1,519
vCash: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
It is possible.
I'm sure it is, it is a big city after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Do you imagine that people from Nashville just sit around in Wranglers and cowboy hats, chewing straw and listening to Carrie Underwood?
Lol, no, just a bit of sarcasm. I like Nashville's goal song and that they have sort of tried to embrace the country atmosphere that has been associated with the city. And god if your going to listen to country, there are much better choices than Mrs. Underwood.

hattrick3518 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 12:52 AM
  #37
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi
 
CantbeatzPekka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: gamehendge
Country: Somalia
Posts: 4,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
I don't know about the "hee haw" fan base remark. I think if it was any other celebrity his/her face would be up on that jumbo tron just as frequently. Anyone remember during the hawks playoff run last year where Vince Vaughn was shown maybe 3-4 times during the course of the game. If there's a celebrity in the house, you better believe they'll be found.
You could spot Vince's five head from across the arena

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 05:29 AM
  #38
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
Whoa, what thread did I stumble upon? Who cares if they show her or not? If they do, good. I loved that Taylor Swift commercial a couple of years ago, yes because I think she is hot. I'm also glad they showed Vince Vaughn last year. It's neat to see different people at the arena. They are used to the attention so show them for all I care, with or without their permission. When I busted the trunk on that "beat a ducks" car out front the other night with a sledgehammer, I was being video taped by the Preds staff. Did they ask me? No. Do I give a crap? No.

Some of these responses in here have made me realized what I was warned about when coming over here from hockeybuzz. Too much seriousness can kill you. Lighten up people. Geez.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 05:48 AM
  #39
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Oh and for the outsiders. I'd guess most people from Nashville aren't big country music fans. It's like saying everyone from Vegas loves to gamble or that everyone from Detroit loves to kill people...


Best post ever.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 07:36 AM
  #40
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
First, if you have an issue with the decision of a moderator (whether local to this board, global, or otherwise) DO NOT address it in the thread or anywhere on the public forums. That is the clear definition of moderator abuse and there were multiple messages in the new thread that could have been tagged for it.

This is your free pass. Don't expect to get away with it again.

If you have an issue with a moderator or their decision(s), please either address it in a PM, feel free to use the reporting system (little white/red triangle to the left of every message with the "!" in it), or send an e-mail to complaints@hfboards.com where it'll be handled without the input of the moderator(s) in question.

There are three options on how to appropriately deal with the issue. Please don't create more work for the mod(s) and put yourself at jeopardy of getting tagged with an infraction by posting about moderator decisions on the boards.

Onto the thread, I've re-opened the original thread and merged the second thread into the first. I've also deleted all of the pictures and will be changing the title by the time it is re-opened to reflect and define the topic at hand better.

Please refrain from posting pictures in the thread as you can see how that can easily derail the thread. Also comments that simply comment on Mrs. Underwood's physical appearance and do not discuss the topic at hand will be deleted.

I believe this is a legitimate discussion. Are the Predators and Mr. and Mrs. Fisher/Underwood making the right decision here to keep her off of the scoreboard and local broadcast feeds?

Thanks!
Not to belabor the issue and I understand that this is a private board and I agreed to the rules but I've never understood why the secrecy around complaints. Any light you can shed on why this was set up this way?

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 08:43 AM
  #41
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Not to belabor the issue and I understand that this is a private board and I agreed to the rules but I've never understood why the secrecy around complaints. Any light you can shed on why this was set up this way?
Don't want to derail the thread and I can't speak for how the board was set up years before I arrived, but IMO, when moderator decisions/actions are posted on the forums it can derail a thread, create a mob mentality, and/or become an abusive environment.

Generally speaking most complaints can be addressed better by discussing it directly with a moderator or poster in a PM where the two parties can directly address each other and not have to deal with the influence of the rest of the community.

Unfortunately, I think last night the thread was having a legitimate discussion before a visitor started in with the "babe thread" comments. Once that comment was out there though others started parroting those comments and eventually pictures popped up. It's a grey area that generally is stopped before it gets going, but just as with the "broken window" theory, once that first window is broken the rest of them seem to follow soon after.

Anyways, back to the discussion. If you'd like to discuss this further I'd be happy to do so in a PM later this evening. Have fun with the topic, but keep it in good tastes.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 04:29 PM
  #42
ILikeItILoveIt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Wow, I just popped back in on this. Its way out of hand. I chimed in here to have a legit discussion about using local celebrities in general, and Carrie Underwood in particular, to enhance the fanbase. IF the Fisher's have asked, or Pred Mgmt has decided to not show Carrie, that's cool. If the Preds have explicitly decided that, it would be interesting to know.

I agree with the Moderator on pictures or inappropriate language.

But if Mike and Carrie are willing to help promote the Preds (like Vince Gill has been for years), then Carrie brings a large "general celebrity" following with her. Its not about her looks, its about her celebrity. If famous people are known hockey fans (of which Carrie is, even b4 marrying Mike) and they want to help grow the sport in a non-traditional market that's their hometown, then let them help. Mike and Carrie would be Nashville royalty and draw fans in. If they want their privacy, then respect their wishes.

My point is, what are the answers? Do they want their privacy? Has she or Mike asked not to show her on the Tron or TV telecasts? Has Pred Mgmt decided not to show her? Or is it just coincidence that she's hasn't shown up on the Tron.

As for the question of where she sits, geez, its not a stalking question. I know where Vince sits. I always look to see if he's there cuz I think its cool to see famous people react to Pred hockey like the rest of us. Its the same for Carrie. I remember in the first few years, Frank Wycheck had glass seats right behind our attack twice net. He came to about half the games and hoped the Titans (who were just moving into LP Field) could get a home field advantage via the crowd like the Preds had in 1999-2000. I think its fun watching famous people act like wild Pred fans like me.

ILikeItILoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 06:11 AM
  #43
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,491
vCash: 500
Some Celebs like the Preds to use their image see Vince Gill, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood does not. The difference is she is married to one of the players and does not want to be a distraction to the team or fans. It's honorable on her part to allow her husband the spotlight. Leave her alone let here enjoy the game in peace.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:31 AM
  #44
KillerKampfer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lake Titicaca
Posts: 2,650
vCash: 500
You said it, they show her on national Canadian broadcasts way more than local ones. Marketing wiser her and Mike Fisher in Nashville probably do more for the leagues overall exposure than the Preds exposure in their back yard. Maybe a girl in Saskatchewan will go on NHL.com and buy a pink Preds jersey after seeing her on TV.

But it helps with non hockey people. Instead of only knowing one or two players on the team like Pekka and Shea they now know another or instead of knowing nobody they know Fisher its good to connect the team with as many people as possible even if they do not spend any money on the team or even care. They will watch if the team is in the Finals and potentially turn into fans.

The teams what, 20-30k more households tuning in to games and a half dozen sellouts away from being able to spend to the cap? Little more money from NBC wont hurt. The NHL wins if the Preds can spend to the cap and not lose money. The city isn't poor like Tampa St Pete or Columbus similar markets the potential growth is almost unlimited assuming the Grizzlies never decide to move from Memphis in which case the Preds will still outdraw them even if they hurt their market share a bit.

Nashville also didnt cheat and get propped up with #1 overall picks like Washington, Pittsburgh, and Tampa had to. They earned their success and fans.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:56 AM
  #45
CloakroomCrusader
Registered User
 
CloakroomCrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio St or Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
You said it, they show her on national Canadian broadcasts way more than local ones. Marketing wiser her and Mike Fisher in Nashville probably do more for the leagues overall exposure than the Preds exposure in their back yard. Maybe a girl in Saskatchewan will go on NHL.com and buy a pink Preds jersey after seeing her on TV.

But it helps with non hockey people. Instead of only knowing one or two players on the team like Pekka and Shea they now know another or instead of knowing nobody they know Fisher its good to connect the team with as many people as possible even if they do not spend any money on the team or even care. They will watch if the team is in the Finals and potentially turn into fans.

The teams what, 20-30k more households tuning in to games and a half dozen sellouts away from being able to spend to the cap? Little more money from NBC wont hurt. The NHL wins if the Preds can spend to the cap and not lose money. The city isn't poor like Tampa St Pete or Columbus similar markets the potential growth is almost unlimited assuming the Grizzlies never decide to move from Memphis in which case the Preds will still outdraw them even if they hurt their market share a bit.

Nashville also didnt cheat and get propped up with #1 overall picks like Washington, Pittsburgh, and Tampa had to. They earned their success and fans.
I don't understand what you mean by "the city isn't poor like Tampa St. Pete or Columbus."

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:09 AM
  #46
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,826
vCash: 500
So I'm still in a bad mood, and I'm went ahead and assumed this thread is 90% stupid comments from other fans. If I'm wrong, sorry

How about no more Carrie Underwood? No Carrie Underwood = dominating the series aside from a couple of bad penalties and fluky goals. With Carrie Underwood... need I go into that?

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 02:57 AM
  #47
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
So I'm still in a bad mood, and I'm went ahead and assumed this thread is 90% stupid comments from other fans. If I'm wrong, sorry

How about no more Carrie Underwood? No Carrie Underwood = dominating the series aside from a couple of bad penalties and fluky goals. With Carrie Underwood... need I go into that?
Hahaha oh nooooo it's the Jessica Simpson effect!!!


Seriously though, it was pretty cool for her to sing a song on the band stage tonight. That would ONLY happen in Nashville...the live music during intermissions already sets our arena apart from others around the league, but having people like Vince Gill and Carrie Underwood belting out songs for the fans? That's awesome!!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 03:31 AM
  #48
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm
 
JohniusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Middle TN
Country: United States
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
I'm not a big fan of her music but having her do the intermission show with Vince Gill was cool.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:14 PM
  #49
KillerKampfer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lake Titicaca
Posts: 2,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predeuce777 View Post
I don't understand what you mean by "the city isn't poor like Tampa St. Pete or Columbus."
Those are similar markets with NHL teams and no NBA. Nashville has a noticeable edge economically on both.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 01:30 PM
  #50
cju1979
Radulov Convert
 
cju1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
I was about to say...

the title of this thread is the dumbest s**t I have seen yet but your post puts it on the money. Who cares? This was business. And I would like to say that media just gives us trivia to keep us occupied from the reality which governments and corporations keep hidden but damn, I am on a hockey forum posting my opinion. Guess Bryzyinski was right...I, too, love my slavery

cju1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.