HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Bruce Boudreau to 105.9, on MSG crowd (Update: Backing down?)

Old
04-18-2011, 02:14 PM
caley

vCash: 500
I'm not reading through 5 pages of fat jokes to see if this has been posted, but you know Boudreau loves to stir things up with his opponents, right? In his autobiography, he even says as much. He talks about taking a job with a team in Mississippi and asking one of the owners what town the residents of the team hate, then goes on a tirade about how much he can't stand that city so that it creates controversy, takes attention/pressure away from the players, and makes sellouts. By getting all worked up, you're all falling right into what he wants. But, you know, keeping on making fat jokes if you want...

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Who says stuff like that?

Why motivate the other team?

dumb...

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:29 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Also it was a Sunday afternoon game. Kids in the stands.

Crowds tend to be a lot more rowdy/vocal on weeknight games.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:30 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I'm not reading through 5 pages of fat jokes to see if this has been posted, but you know Boudreau loves to stir things up with his opponents, right? In his autobiography, he even says as much. He talks about taking a job with a team in Mississippi and asking one of the owners what town the residents of the team hate, then goes on a tirade about how much he can't stand that city so that it creates controversy, takes attention/pressure away from the players, and makes sellouts. By getting all worked up, you're all falling right into what he wants. But, you know, keeping on making fat jokes if you want...
Hmmm...okay, if you insist!

Inside every fat person there's a thin person looking to get out -- Bruce Boudreau has just eaten them!

Bruce Boudreau is in shape. Round is a shape.

Bruce Boudreau has four basic food groups, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles.

Bruce Boudreau is not overweight, just under height - His weight is perfect for a man of 7'9"

*All jokes, courtesy of a Google search*

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veal...before Bruce Boudreau eats it!!

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Quote:
It's done everything, but win cups. Or many playoff series for that matter. But, you know, keep making excuses for him.

And we'll keep making Food-reau jokes. Fatty fat fat fat.

Death By BB Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Levitate

Quote:
This is what I figured it was all about but it seems kind of low to basically diss fans of another team if you're a coach.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:51 PM
owedoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death By BB Gun View Post
It's done everything, but win cups. Or many playoff series for that matter. But, you know, keep making excuses for him.

And we'll keep making Food-reau jokes. Fatty fat fat fat.

I do love me some good pun

owedoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:54 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I want hear some fat joke chants on Wednesday.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:55 PM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Read BB's complaints on the Staal hit...

Now substitute "Steckel" for "Staal", and "Crosby" for "Green".

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:02 PM
ThisYearsModel

Well, as a Ranger fan who has been to Verizon for a game 7, it is painfully loud there. Lots more than the fans making the noise though. In the day, nothing topped MSG. With the corporate crap, price of seats and so on, others might top it at times now. Get deep into the playoffs and MSG will reclaim its title of loudest barn. They shod let the Caps dress in the hallway next game due to a "burst pipe" or something.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Wolf View Post
Read BB's complaints on the Staal hit...

Now substitute "Steckel" for "Staal", and "Crosby" for "Green".
pretty much this. He only complains when the calls dont go his way, but if he is getting the calls he has no trouble shoving some Haagan-Daas down his throat and shutting the **** up

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:03 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by owedoyle View Post

I do love me some good pun
Lol. hey..I called him that 2 pages ago..where's my love?

Old
04-18-2011, 03:04 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

i didnt read the entire thread but am i the only one who thinks 6 pages of comments on this remark is a little much? first of all, what he's saying is for the most part true, its no secret. furthermore, from the looks of it fatneck got exactly the response he was looking for by making this comment.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:06 PM
cjdv16

Wow... that sucks. Make that bald ******* pay MSG!!!!!!!!

(BTW.... I know a cameraman who works MSG and has been instructed to shake the camera upon NYR goals so Bruce may have a bit of a point).

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post

(BTW.... I know a cameraman who works MSG and has been instructed to shake the camera upon NYR goals so Bruce may have a bit of a point).
That's almost as bad as amplyfying the crowd noise through your own sound system in your building

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:13 PM
McMonster

Aside from being the worst coach in the league, he is also the biggest whining little ***** in the league.

And ever since Hitchcock got fired, he is also the fattest ****ing coach in the league.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:15 PM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsteppp View Post
Aside from being the worst coach in the league, he is also the biggest whining little ***** in the league.

And ever since Hitchcock got fired, he is also the fattest ****ing coach in the league.
Yeah, but Barry Trotz has him beat for roundest head and lack of neck.

Old
04-18-2011, 03:16 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
And it has been terribly successful, too, what with one playoff series win on his resume! What a master tactician, that Boudreau. Silly Rangers fans, falling right into his trap! Surely, we're done for. Washington, under Boudreau, would never blow a 2-0 series lead. He's a master gamesman and would never let such a thing happen.

Quiet, Rangers fans! We're playing right into his hands! He knows what he's doing!

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:19 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
i've been to the verizon center. Sure, they get loud, at irrational things, like when Ovie clearly has committed a boarding or kneeing hit and they think it's incorrect. Then it goes back to being quiet as an operahouse immediately after.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:19 PM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Wolf View Post
Yeah, but Barry Trotz has him beat for roundest head and lack of neck.
at least Barry Trotz is a pretty good coach.. what's BB done? i'm surprised the guy wasn't fired last year...

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Someone needs to print a bunch of copies of what Boudreau said and hand them out to people at the main entrance of the Garden. I'm sure that there will be many people going into the game on Wednesday who won't know what he said.
I will definitely do this, as should anyone else going to the game!

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultonReed View Post
at least Barry Trotz is a pretty good coach.. what's BB done? i'm surprised the guy wasn't fired last year...
He got that sweet-ass McRib endorsement!

Old
RangerFan10

And what an idiot calling the ntacky yesterday. You wanna know what was tacky? When Gaborik got called for a crosscheck when it should've been a dive as well, right after they let Ovechkin's cross-check AFTER THE WHISTLE go on Fedotenko.

Old
04-18-2011, 03:22 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post

I mean, it's pretty obvious they shake the camera after goals, that doesn't mean it's any less loud in the Garden when a goal's scored. A lot of us have been to the Garden in addition to other arenas. It may not be the Bell Centre, but it's loud.

Old
04-18-2011, 03:23 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Truth be told, it's just a slow day at work, so I'm just running with the fat jokes, and having a little fun. But in all seriousness, I went to Game 3 at the Garden, against Buffalo back in '07, and the atmosphere was incredible. And while I was not at any of the Atlanta or Devils series in '08 or at yesterday's game, watching the crowd on Rangers wins in those games, or goals scored gave me goosebumps, so while I get what people are saying about how it is not the way it used to be at the Garden, we still can crank it up with the best of them, and people who say we can't, are crazy in my opinion.