HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The "?" that is "Eric Lindros"

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Motopsyco

vCash: 500
The "?" that is "Eric Lindros"

Will Eric Lindros play again? I am still a fan of his, and I know that he can't bash the hell out of the oposition like he used to because he has to play conservitive to protect his "melon" Does anyone out there think he is capable of putting a team over the top to be a contender, and if so is he worth the money given his history of concussions?

Old
08-09-2005, 08:45 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopsyco
Will Eric Lindros play again? I am still a fan of his, and I know that he can't bash the hell out of the oposition like he used to because he has to play conservitive to protect his "melon" Does anyone out there think he is capable of putting a team over the top to be a contender, and if so is he worth the money given his history of concussions?
He will play again...and can still be a good player...the problem moreover is the freak show that he travels with, Daddy and mommy dearest...and right behind them is Dr. Phil, trying to get them on the right track??? Who would want this? Maybe they could turn the Lindros camp into a reality show? hey it worked for Ozzie!!!

Old
08-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Motopsyco

SHARREN!!! THE DOG POOPED IN THE HOUSE AGAIN.
I agree, such a high profile player like Eric should have an agent that is used to dealing with high profile players. I am not sure what history Erics father Carl in this field but I know he really pissed of Bobby Clark.

Old
08-09-2005, 09:23 PM
ProctorSilex

Quote:
SHARREN!!! THE DOG POOPED IN THE HOUSE AGAIN.
I agree, such a high profile player like Eric should have an agent that is used to dealing with high profile players. I am not sure what history Erics father Carl in this field but I know he really pissed of Bobby Clark.
Yeah, because no father should be angry at a man that almost had his son killed after a collapsed lung was ignored...

Old
08-09-2005, 09:26 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProctorSilex
Yeah, because no father should be angry at a man that almost had his son killed after a collapsed lung was ignored...
good point, i forgot about that

Old
08-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Hawker14

Quote:
i too am one of the last of a dying breed, a lindros fan !

he'll never again be dominating, but he can put up daymond langkow type numbers so i'd give him $ 1.5-2.0 mil/year. he's still a very talented nhler.

Old
08-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Motopsyco

In my opinion the only player that comes close to playing "E Trains" style of hockey is Keith Tkachuck. I love power forwards. Yeah small "wirery" wingers have there place but I love the "bull in the China shop" element of play that Eric brought to the game. But what do I know? I'm from So California.

Old
08-10-2005, 02:15 AM
SidTheKid32389

Can U Play On A Stretcher

The Only thing Lindros is gonna do is see himself on a stretcher(AGAIN)

Old
08-10-2005, 02:38 AM
High Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProctorSilex
true...but was he hiding his symptoms or not?...plus he saw his way out of the locker room way before he was out of philly...Brind'Amour and Lindros did not speak at all in that last season together before Brind'Amour was shipped to Carolina for now beloved captain Primeau......all i know for sure is that the not talking, sitting on opposite sides of the locker room part is true and not good for any team if it concerns it's 2 leaders (my cousin is friends with an equipment guy for the flyers, or once equipment guy for the flyers)

either way lindros will play if he can get his dad to be reasonable...or a team can get a concussion clause in the contract

i must say this in his glory days in philly there was nothing like seeing lindros take the puck behind the net and go end to end like a freight train...but i guess he shuda kept his head up a few of those times

Last edited by Sotnos: 08-10-2005 at 10:16 AM. Reason: more rumors
Old
08-10-2005, 05:01 AM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
Update on lindros:

Lindros talks hit a bump
Not eligible for bonus-packed deal with Leafs Toronto signs Swedish prospects

Link

Quote:
On-going talks between Eric Lindros and the Maple Leafs have hit a significant hurdle.

It ends up that signing the one-time NHL MVP would come with a much larger immediate hit against Toronto's salary cap than had been speculated. All money in a contract offer to Lindros must be guaranteed which makes the often-injured centre a riskier proposition.

The provision in the new Collective Bargaining Agreement that appeared to allow a team like the Leafs to offer Lindros an incentive-laden, one-year contract with much of the bonus money not counting against this season's cap does not apply to the Big E
Click link above for more

He falls 18 days short to receive the bonuses. So the contract will be guaranteed, which complicates things greatly. This could explain why discussions have taken so long...how much, and for how long? It will be a risk for sure for a team like the Leafs... That rumoured 1.6 number probably goes up now, I doubt Eric would take that much of a paycut to play in TO...you can bet that teams like Columbus (mentioned in the article) will have better offers on the table.

Closed Thread