HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

POTG & GBR: ECQF Game 3 vs. Washington Capitals

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: ECQF Game 3 vs. Washington Capitals
Brian Boyle 12 6.63%
Brandon Dubinsky 105 58.01%
Ruslan Fedotenko 20 11.05%
Dan Girardi 4 2.21%
Henrik Lundqvist 20 11.05%
Ryan McDonagh 3 1.66%
Vaclav Prospal 8 4.42%
Brandon Prust 5 2.76%
Michael Sauer 0 0%
Marc Staal 2 1.10%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-19-2011, 01:18 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post
Ummm, I was in Sec 416 yesterday, and while quiet doesn't describe it, there was certainly large stretches of time between the Ovie goal and the Dubie goal where all you got was an "oooh" or "GABORIK YOURE SO WEAK YOU LITTLE SISSY" (ahhh the blue seats, gotta love em!). It was more of an uneasy muffled time. LGR chants couldn't catch on, there was some awful popwer play that really got everyone groaning.

The place wasn't "rocking" for the full 60 mins (but we certainly woke up during our offensive pressure and the 3 goals). Can I compare that to the WAS arena? No, of course not. Was Boudreau right? Sort of, but not really. I don't see why you guys are getting so bent out of shape about his comments.
I never understood what fans expect in terms of crowd noise. Are you supposed to scream your head off for the roughly 2 and half hours you are sitting in your seat in the Garden? You'll give yourself an aneurysm doing that. Of course there are times during games when the crowd gets into it (big fight, goal, saves, hits, etc), but there are also down times when nothing is really happening and you just watch. In fact, I enjoy those times watching the game live...being able to hear the sound of the puck hitting the stick blades on crisp passes or the boom when a hard shot hits the goalies pads, followed by the "ooohhhh".

Rangers fans are knowledgeable enough about the game not to have to scream their heads off for 2+ hours, and know exactly when to bring the noise, and when its that time, few arenas can match the electricity you feel at MSG.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 06:38 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I'll tell you a story, little boy.

It was a quiet playoff game.

How was that?

Why you are personally offended by this is a mystery. Why you have an attitude about it is an even bigger mystery. Why are you upset that a fan thought a playoff game was unusually quiet?

It makes it seem like you have a personal stake in how loud the crowd was. Did you feel personally criticized? Do you think I was being critical of the crowd? I wasn't, if that makes you feel better.

All I did was state that it was unusually quiet. It's called an observation. Sorry my innocuous comment caused you so much angst.
No, actually I think you're full of crap. A poser who wasn't even at the game, and you are trying to make people think your are special because you get to go the magical games of legend.

Tell us about the time you started the "Eddie" chant...

04-19-2011, 07:21 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
No, actually I think you're full of crap. A poser who wasn't even at the game, and you are trying to make people think your are special because you get to go the magical games of legend.

Tell us about the time you started the "Eddie" chant...
You're right. You saw through me. I wasn't there. I have never been to a hockey game, actually. I go onto many chat rooms in many topics and claim to have been there.

Just the other day I went onto a political discussion board and told of how I was there when Lincoln was shot. I told them that the theater was chaotic that night. Someone didn't believe me. They were just as smart as you were. It's hard to fool the truly sharp ones.

I'm so ashamed, now.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 08:29 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
You're right. You saw through me. I wasn't there. I have never been to a hockey game, actually. I go onto many chat rooms in many topics and claim to have been there.

Just the other day I went onto a political discussion board and told of how I was there when Lincoln was shot. I told them that the theater was chaotic that night. Someone didn't believe me. They were just as smart as you were. It's hard to fool the truly sharp ones.

I'm so ashamed, now.
Exposed.

Your attempts to belittle other people's experience is just a way for you to feel some kind of superiority. Only YOU were at the Garden when it was truly loud. No one else can really know the Garden experience that YOU had. You've seen the best of the best and becasue of today's crappy fans (like me) it will never, ever, be like when YOU were there, therefore you can never be topped. OK, we got it. Run with that chief.

Blueshirt Special is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
Exposed.

Your attempts to belittle other people's experience is just a way for you to feel some kind of superiority. Only YOU were at the Garden when it was truly loud. No one else can really know the Garden experience that YOU had. You've seen the best of the best and becasue of today's crappy fans (like me) it will never, ever, be like when YOU were there, therefore you can never be topped. OK, we got it. Run with that chief.
This is all very entertaining to read and I have no knowledge of whether chosen was there or not or how loud the garden was compared to the past but is it really THAT far fetched to believe that chosen was 1 of the 18,000 people at the game on Sunday? And is it really THAT far fetched to believe that a Sunday afternoon game in 2011 was not as loud as a playoff game from the past? For me, it isn't.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
This is all very entertaining to read and I have no knowledge of whether chosen was there or not or how loud the garden was compared to the past but is it really THAT far fetched to believe that chosen was 1 of the 18,000 people at the game on Sunday? And is it really THAT far fetched to believe that a Sunday afternoon game in 2011 was not as loud as a playoff game from the past? For me, it isn't.
Far different from "quiet".

Nobody claiming decibel records were set. If was a fun game, it was loud, we won.

That is all.

Blueshirt Special is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 11:10 AM
chosen

Quote:
Exposed.

I have not belittled anyone in this thread. I said it was a very quiet playoff game. You were offended by this. I wasn't even insulting the crowd. It was an observation. Others have said it was more quiet than usual, too.

I find it odd that you felt personally attacked by my saying a crowd you were in was quiet. Actually, it's kind of bizarre.

Bet it's louder tomorrow, but I won't be there. I will be pitching for the 1927 Yankees tomorrow.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote