HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruce Boudreau to 105.9, on MSG crowd (Update: Backing down?)

Old
04-19-2011, 09:40 AM
bubba5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
He is completely wrong. You were not there on Sunday, I can tell you that.
I was there, and it was nothing like the 70's or 80's. Also, there were times Sunday it was very quiet.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:45 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
I was there, and it was nothing like the 70's or 80's. Also, there were times Sunday it was very quiet.
You mean when the caps scored? Even after the 2nd caps goal the place started a LGR chant right after.

Other than that the place was electric, especially after the Dubinsky goal and the final 2 minutes. I'm not sure which game you were at if you thought it was quiet.

04-19-2011, 09:50 AM
bubba5

Quote:
You mean when the caps scored?

Other than that the place was electric, especially after the Dubinsky goal and the final 2 minutes. I'm not sure which game you were at if you thought it was quiet.
Other than when we scored the 3 goals, it was a quiet place. Let's not kid ourselves. Were you around for the 70's and 80's?

Old
04-19-2011, 09:53 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Other than when we scored the 3 goals, it was a quiet place. Let's not kid ourselves. Were you around for the 70's and 80's?
I was born in 1988, so no.

Considering we were down 2-0 to the number 1 seed with virtually no expectations, I thought it was a great atmosphere. It was loud, intense and I had a blast cheering on my team.

That is all.

BlueShirts88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:54 AM
bubba5

Lets just win the Next 3 Games!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-19-2011, 10:00 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Really? Cause there were several times when the game was tied, and they were struggling, and I heard the crowd chanting LGR trying to wake up the team up..was I just hearing things?

As far it not being like the 70's and 80's, you are right with that one, but let's be fair, you could get away with a lot more rambunctious behavior back then, so I honestly don't expect it to be like it was back then. Doesn't mean the building wasn't loud and intense.

Quote:
I was born in 1988, so no.

Considering we were down 2-0 to the number 1 seed with virtually no expectations, I thought it was a great atmosphere. It was loud, intense and I had a blast cheering on my team.

That is all.
Make sure you make even more noise tomorrow..I want Fatso's ears to pop.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:07 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I just heard about this today on B & C and couldn't believe the **** that was spewing out of his mouth.

I mean there are a lot of quiet regular season games because of ticket prices and what-not but who the hell does he think he is that he has a right to call out our fanbase?

I write on the main boards Caps fans as "fans" and I get in trouble but he can say this about us.

I have always like the Capitals but now I want more revenge hen ever before, screw these guys.

Let's go Rangers and let's take it to these scrubs.

04-19-2011, 10:13 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
I just heard about this today on B & C and couldn't believe the **** that was spewing out of his mouth.

I mean there are a lot of quiet regular season games because of ticket prices and what-not but who the hell does he think he is that he has a right to call out our fanbase?

I write on the main boards Caps fans as "fans" and I get in trouble but he can say this about us.

I have always like the Capitals but now I want more revenge hen ever before, screw these guys.

Let's go Rangers and let's take it to these scrubs.
What did Boomer and Cartan say about it?

Old
04-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
I wasn't around in the 70s or 80s, but my dad had season tickets in the 400s during the 70s. He said people used to stand on chairs and punch holes in the Garden ceiling. Like an above poster said, I think fans were able to get away with more back then. It was a different era, and I don't think it makes a lot of sense to compare then to now.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:26 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I wasn't around in the 70s or 80s, but my dad had season tickets in the 400s during the 70s. He said people used to stand on chairs and punch holes in the Garden ceiling. Like an above poster said, I think fans were able to get away with more back then. It was a different era, and I don't think it makes a lot of sense to compare then to now.
Pretty much. My dad told me about all the **** that went on (got his seasons in I believe 83) and none of that would be tolerated nowadays. I even talked to a guy in Jersey when on the ten dollar ticket line about the blue seats back in the 70's and he told me a visiting fan was warned about cheering for his team and if he did it again he'd be thrown off the balcony. Well the team scored and I guess you could figure out what happened...

Basically you really can't compare the two era's.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:31 AM
bubba5

I'll say this, If the real fans, like everyone here on the boards, were not priced out, we would not be having this discussion.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!

Old
04-19-2011, 10:33 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
I'll say this, If the real fans, like everyone here on the boards, were not priced out, we would not be having this discussion.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!
I am very closed to being priced out, my seasons in 306 are 59.00 each next year. If they rise over 65.00 for 2012, which they probably will, I am done. (Unless I can move into a cheaper price range).

Old
04-19-2011, 10:34 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!
Lol...THIS we can agree on. I get to about 5-6 games a year, and wish I could go to more..and I certainly am not quiet when I do go!

Old
04-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Blueshirt Special

I think everyone who is fortunate enough to have season and playoff tickets should give them to the "real" fans who know how to make noise and punch each other out over spilt beer, so that the Garden can be restored to the days of old when dragons ruled the air.

wow

And the coaches should let all the ex-high-school pseudo-players pick the roster and decide should sit and who should play. And if they don't get their way their mommies are gonna talk to Slats and the AD and the principal. waaah!

Last edited by Blueshirt Special: 04-19-2011 at 11:02 AM. Reason: sp
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Grumpy Humphrey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
I think everyone who is fortunate enough to have season and playoff tickets should give them to the "real" fans who know how to make noise and punch each other out over spilt beer, so that the Garden can be restored to the days of old when dragons ruled the air.

wow

And the coaches should let all the ex-high-school pseudo-players pick the roster and decide should sit and who should play. And if they don't get their way their mommies are gonna talk to Slats and the AD and the principal. waaah!
All I was able to glean from this post is that you support the crazy expensive ticket prices, and anyone who doesn't is some sort of rowdy drunken lout who's jealous.

Grumpy Humphrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 11:40 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I think most of you guys are massively overreacting. I mean, you're acting like BB said Hitler was a nice guy who is underrated.

Hasn't somebody already established that BB has used this tactic before in an attempt to deflect any amount of attention from his players to himself?

And the "bandwagon" garbage needs to stop. I hate to break it to you, but after we won the Cup in 1994, EVERYBODY was a Rangers fan all of a sudden. Same thing with the Red Sox in 2004.

Winning teams attract more fans. Wow, what a novel concept!!!

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 11:46 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
I think most of you guys are massively overreacting. I mean, you're acting like BB said Hitler was a nice guy who is underrated.

Hasn't somebody already established that BB has used this tactic before in an attempt to deflect any amount of attention from his players to himself?

And the "bandwagon" garbage needs to stop. I hate to break it to you, but after we won the Cup in 1994, EVERYBODY was a Rangers fan all of a sudden. Same thing with the Red Sox in 2004.

I personally don't care since I know what he's doing but I just think it's a stupid tactic. Complain about something like the refs or whatever to deflect attention, not the opposing arena and fans where you're going to be playing your next game. He quite possibly just made the game even tougher for his team now with the arena probably being even more hostile.

Old
04-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Blueshirt Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot View Post
All I was able to glean from this post is that you support the crazy expensive ticket prices, and anyone who doesn't is some sort of rowdy drunken lout who's jealous.
It just gets a little old. ya know?

"The corporations ruined it" "It will never be as loud as it used to be" "I remember blah blah blah" "Today is nothing like the blah blah blah" "when I used to go to games blah blah blah"

Please. Just give it a rest. We made the playoffs for chrissakes, and won a game! Can't we just enjoy it for the moment? Why do some have to piss on it right in the heat of the moment?

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 12:01 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

If they post his quote on the jumbotron, the place will riot.

Old
04-19-2011, 12:02 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
If they post his quote on the jumbotron, the place will riot.
I could see them doing it. Rangers have already posted it on their Facebook and Twitter.

Old
04-19-2011, 12:09 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I personally don't care since I know what he's doing but I just think it's a stupid tactic. Complain about something like the refs or whatever to deflect attention, not the opposing arena and fans where you're going to be playing your next game. He quite possibly just made the game even tougher for his team now with the arena probably being even more hostile.
Fine with me that he did that. The story was on ESPN yesterday, and has even gotten a little attention from the NY media..that same NY media, that gives the Rangers virtually NO attention. Heck, the Daily News even gave it a tiny little blurb on the back page today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I could see them doing it. Rangers have already posted it on their Facebook and Twitter.
Excellent. I hope they do!

Let fatboy run his mouth, he has no idea what he is in for tomorrow night.

Old
04-19-2011, 12:20 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Oh, and just in case anyone needs anymore motivation:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=900747

Seriously..let's beat this freaking team tomorrow!!

Old
04-19-2011, 01:36 PM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post

I fully admit to becoming a fan in 1994. Coincidentally, that was the same year I started really watching hockey. Growing up in the southern US, we were not exposed to hockey very much, if at all. I remember watching some Oilers games on our old Satellite dish and remember Messier just destroying people.

When he went to NY, I discovered we got MSGN on our dish, and the love/hate affair started then. They won the Cup, and I'm a fan for life. Even during the Bruce Driver/Mike Dunham/Guy Hebert/Rumun Ndur years.

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:52 PM
EEDAWGZ

ha ha I don't think anything else defines Ranger alliance other then surviving those horrible years
you forgot hall of famers Stan neckar and Igor Ulanov

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:54 PM
BroadwayBlueshirt85

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Wolf View Post
I fully admit to becoming a fan in 1994. Coincidentally, that was the same year I started really watching hockey. Growing up in the southern US, we were not exposed to hockey very much, if at all. I remember watching some Oilers games on our old Satellite dish and remember Messier just destroying people.

When he went to NY, I discovered we got MSGN on our dish, and the love/hate affair started then. They won the Cup, and I'm a fan for life. Even during the Bruce Driver/Mike Dunham/Guy Hebert/Rumun Ndur years.
Why do you have to bring those years up?

BroadwayBlueshirt85 is offline   Reply With Quote