HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn

Old
04-19-2011, 11:53 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Because of the cap increase I see the budget being Weber SK at 2 million and potentially a 3.5 million dollar goal scorer. If SK and Weber get more then that money gets cut up to them BUT and this is an IF, Lombardi is healthy, he contributes as the big UFA signing next year.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I think Poile's best negotiating tactic in regards to Weber, is to sit-down with Suter/Weber sign them to identical deals. Then knock off a few years and a couple million and sign Pekka as well. You lock all three of these guys up now, and you instantly have your star players here long-term.

In regards to SK, I guess my thoughts are is that this guy is legit. He has been one of our best offensive threats in a long long time.

04-19-2011, 12:21 PM
PredsV82
Grumpy Cat says No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I think Poile's best negotiating tactic in regards to Weber, is to sit-down with Suter/Weber sign them to identical deals. Then knock off a few years and a couple million and sign Pekka as well. You lock all three of these guys up now, and you instantly have your star players here long-term.
I think if we have a decent playoff run you will see exactly this. All three announced within days of each other and probably negotiated simultanoeusly.

as for SK I just wonder what his thinking is... if he's the kind of guy who wants/thinks he deserves the fat long term deal right now I think he'll be disappointed in what Poile has to offer.

but if he believes he can do even better over the coming years then I could see him signing for 3 years at around 2.25 per to get himself to UFA age

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

To put SK's season in perspective:

Through the first 17 games: 2g, 1a. Largely playing on the fourth line, and began the season injured/playing through injury (EDIT: Broken Toe, thanks Dodgie)

Through the final 58 games: 21g, 26a. 47 points in 58 games, and this included the brief injury he suffered late in the season.

He now has 3 assists in the first three games of this playoff series.

These are pretty outstanding statistics. I think there is reason for hesitancy. He only had 93 shots on the year. This is his first true breakout year. However, the talent is undeniable. The chemistry he has developed on this team is undeniable. I expect the shot-totals to increase next year, the shooting percentage to fall, but the goals to stay around 20-25. I would also expect the assists totals to increase, especially if our powerplay continues to improve as it has late in the season. Imagine the boost our offensive players might have if we had a consistent powerplay attack.....

SK could be a 65-70 point player for us next year very easily. Even if you factor in some regression in the goal-scoring department, he probably comes out close to where he is over the course of the season. I didn't realize how young he was (24 this March)....What a huge payoff for David Poile.

Last edited by Enoch: 04-19-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Dodgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
(anyone recall what ailed him to start the season? Ankle? Groin?)
Broken toe.

Dodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Juneemoon

A link to the interview he did on Monday...

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2011/4...adio-interview

Juneemoon is offline   Reply With Quote