HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Bryzgalov to the Flyers

Old
04-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flin Flon Bomber View Post
Think what he was saying was that if the Rangers needed a goalie they would be the type of team that would throw a huge contract at Bryzgalov. Point being there's gonna be some team that is gonna overpay for him. Which I agree with, in theory. But off the top of my head, I can't think of any team that has a need for a goalie next year and the willingness to spend for one in the FA market. Which might drive Bryz's bargaining power down quite a bit.
And put Homer in a perfect situation to get something figured out.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

vCash: 50
I'll put on the ol' Donald S Cherry Halloween mask for ***** and giggles.

How many Russian Goaltenders have their name etched on Lord Stanley? (2) How many of those made significant contributions? (1)

Like a fart in the wind... You could set your watch to it eh Ivan?

Could someone from the West Coast please inform these boards how good Cory Schneider is already and how good he will be? Someone's gonna get him in the next year or two, why not us?

and just cause it's nice and sharpened and that bees nest is just sittin' there, How about Jeff Carter for Roberto Luongo? (since my one and only proposal was shot down faster than some motorcade upholstery on a sunny November day

Last edited by Yukon Cornelius: 04-19-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Little Timmy can't spell
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
I am not saying this, Bettmans expansion plan has failed, it is likely that this team is going to have to move out of Glendale, Az to survive. Heck, this has been operating as an NHL owned operation over parts of the last two years.
No ****. What you're saying on top of that is that someone dumb ass is going to buy a team with a roster setup to be competitive (if not great) for the next decade and immediately blow it up in the short term.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 12:36 PM
ShotScore*

Quote:
Wait, what?

Are you seriously asking Holmgren to figure something out?

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 12:51 PM
dr.rosenrosen

Yeah Do Not Want. At All.

dr.rosenrosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post

How many Russian Goaltenders have their name etched on Lord Stanley? (2) How many of those made significant contributions? (1)

Could someone from the West Coast please inform these boards how good Cory Schneider is already and how good he will be? Someone's gonna get him in the next year or two, why not us?

and just cause it's nice and sharpened and that bees nest is just sittin' there, How about Jeff Carter for Roberto Luongo? (since my one and only proposal was shot down faster than some motorcade upholstery on a sunny November day

I was hoping that Homer would either make a move for Quick, Bernier, or Schneider last offseason.

Old
04-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Holmgren couldn't figure out a great FA goalie market last offseason. Hell, he didn't even try. I see no way he makes an attempt this year.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
No ****. What you're saying on top of that is that someone dumb ass is going to buy a team with a roster setup to be competitive (if not great) for the next decade and immediately blow it up in the short term.

That makes no sense whatsoever.
Lemieux bought the Penguins with an IOU from the league basically. They took what little they had and won the Cup just a few years later with three picks(Fleury, Crosby, and Malkin). Chicago built their core with Toews and kane by being bad for a couple years. Phoenix is not a bad team and has some youth, but if a move is made you would expect a setback. This team has 3 players under contract past the 2012-13 season. In comparison the Flyers have 11.

Old
04-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
I was hoping that Homer would either make a move for Quick, Bernier, or Schneider last offseason.
I would of loved for homer to go after Quick. Apparently he was available for the right price, considering how much stock they put into Bernier

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Holmgren couldn't figure out a great FA goalie market last offseason. Hell, he didn't even try. I see no way he makes an attempt this year.
He figured out they lost last season with a lack of defensive depth. If they get ousted even in the SCF's and the goalie issue is front and center you would have to think that Homer would look at a short term plan other than Boucher and Leighton and focus on still developing Bobrovsky but get someone who can help mentor and communicate with the young goalie, Bryz is an obvious choice.

Old
04-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I would of loved for homer to go after Quick. Apparently he was available for the right price, considering how much stock they put into Bernier
Considering the relationship bewtween the Kings and the Flyers and the recent arrival of Stevens I am more than sure Carter could have gotten Quick and Simmonds.

Old
04-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Jester

Quote:
Lemieux bought the Penguins with an IOU from the league basically. They took what little they had and won the Cup just a few years later with three picks(Fleury, Crosby, and Malkin). Chicago built their core with Toews and kane by being bad for a couple years.
The Penguins and Hawks had a **** sandwich of players in their systems. It made sense to tank. It doesn't make sense to tank when you're loaded with young talent on your roster.

Quote:
Phoenix is not a bad team and has some youth, but if a move is made you would expect a setback.
Why? Those players aren't going anywhere. Did the Nordiques have a setback when they moved to Denver?

Quote:
This team has 3 players under contract past the 2012-13 season. In comparison the Flyers have 11.
Yeah, because it's a young team with a ton of players on their 1st or 2nd contracts. They have 8 players who are RFAs when their current deals expire. I wager they'll resign the majority of those guys, if not all of 'em.

They have flexibility, whereas the Flyers are locked into an aging roster.

Old
04-19-2011, 01:08 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:

I would be willing to bet almost anything Schneider is traded to Winnipeg and will be the starter for the JETS. they guy was a rockstar here already with the Moose, he would run the town if the JETS are here and he is the starter !!

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:11 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Considering the relationship bewtween the Kings and the Flyers and the recent arrival of Stevens I am more than sure Carter could have gotten Quick and Simmonds.
And had that happened we would've made the worst decision since the last time Holmgren put some overpriced talentless hack on re-entry waivers...maybe the worst decision since giving those hacks said contracts in the first place...

Carter's importance to this team is somehow beyond your grasp, but it is pointless for you to continue to carry out your misplaced vendetta. Knock it off already.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:18 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Yeah, because it's a young team with a ton of players on their 1st or 2nd contracts. They have 8 players who are RFAs when their current deals expire. I wager they'll resign the majority of those guys, if not all of 'em.

They have flexibility, whereas the Flyers are locked into an aging roster.
Carter (26) - F
Richards (26) - F
Coburn (26) - D
Carle (26) - D
Meszaros (25) - D
Versteeg (24) - F
Nodl (24) - F
Giroux (23) - F
Bobrovsky (22) - G
vanRiemsdyk (21) - F

When our "aging" roster is that young, I'm perfectly okay with it.

Old
04-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
And had that happened we would've made the worst decision since the last time Holmgren put some overpriced talentless hack on re-entry waivers...maybe the worst decision since giving those hacks said contracts in the first place...

Carter's importance to this team is somehow beyond your grasp, but it is pointless for you to continue to carry out your misplaced vendetta. Knock it off already.
Chris I think of you as one of the sharper fellas here but lets be honest, the emergence perhaps the **** tease glimpse of JvR's true NHL ability surely uproots Carter as an unmoveable piece of the core moving forward.

Every trade proposal here always involves junk and spare parts but of this list, in a scenario where we're forced to overpay, who's not moving and who's the odd man out.

Richards, Carter, Giroux, Van Riemsdyk

Old
04-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Carter (26) - F
Richards (26) - F
Coburn (26) - D
Carle (26) - D
Meszaros (25) - D
Versteeg (24) - F
Nodl (24) - F
Giroux (23) - F
Bobrovsky (22) - G
vanRiemsdyk (21) - F

When our "aging" roster is that young, I'm perfectly okay with it.
We know you are, Chris.

Old
04-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Jester

Quote:
Chris I think of you as one of the sharper fellas here but lets be honest, the emergence perhaps the **** tease glimpse of JvR's true NHL ability surely uproots Carter's as an unmoveable piece of the core moving forward.

Every trade proposal here always involves junk and spare parts but of this list, in a scenario where we're forced to overpay, who's not moving and who's the odd man out.

Carter is the best even strength player of that bunch... and it's actually not close right now.

Old
04-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
He figured out they lost last season with a lack of defensive depth. If they get ousted even in the SCF's and the goalie issue is front and center you would have to think that Homer would look at a short term plan other than Boucher and Leighton and focus on still developing Bobrovsky but get someone who can help mentor and communicate with the young goalie, Bryz is an obvious choice.
The fact that Homer thought Leighton, Walker and Shelley would be better investments than getting a real goalie is telling, imo. I'm betting he won't go after Bryz unless he agrees to sign early and cheap.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:32 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Chris I think of you as one of the sharper fellas here but lets be honest, the emergence perhaps the **** tease glimpse of JvR's true NHL ability surely uproots Carter as an unmoveable piece of the core moving forward.

Jester is 100% correct about Carter quietly being our best even strength player, but without a legitimate powerplay, which is where Richards and Giroux historically have excelled, how are they more important than Carter?

I'm sorry, Carter is extremely important to this team. In fact, all four of those players are/will be shortly in JVR's case if he's not already broken out of his shell.

So yeah, I don't see any of the big four moving on any time soon.

Old
04-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Quote:
Carter is the best even strength player of that bunch... and it's actually not close right now.
Since you're somewhat the Ignatius J Reilly of the boards and it's nice outside, I'll just agree with you. Have a nice day.

Old
04-19-2011, 01:35 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Clarke tried building through the middle with size, they tried putting 6'7" d-men on the defense, they tried going after big UFA's to rebuild. All the while if they had just gotten a goalie who could have carried this organization to the next level it most likely would have resulted in a SC in Philly.

They have center depth, they have a piece which can help them get a goalie and I am a firm believer that even if they lose Carter so long as they are putting that money to another place of need they will be OK. Look at Gagne being moved to accommodate the Meszaros money. Losing Carter and replacing him with Bryzgalov would not be the end of this team, just focus of building a more secure foundation from the net out.
And it's amazing how well that's worked out for the Rangers, isn't it?

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Jester

Quote:
Since you're somewhat the Ignatius J Reilly of the boards and it's nice outside, I'll just agree with you. Have a nice day.
I like esoteric literary references that are of zero value as much as the next guy.

Old
04-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Wayne Train
who is lord stanley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
The Rangers teams over the past few years have been NOWHERE near as good as the Flyers have been. You put Lundqvist on the Flyers and they win the cup last year.

Wayne Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Eh, the Rangers would be set if they weren't run by a moron.