HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chat today

Old
04-19-2011, 03:00 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Chat today

Talked about the playoff stuff.

Ryan Callahan won't be able to play until the Cup final. Good luck.

Some Brad Richards stuff. Concussion.

Quote:
Comment From Host
What are the chances the Rangers will be able to trade Wolski this offseason? Or do you see it as more likely they are forced to buy him out? I assume the Rangers would love to get rid of him this offseason. Thanks

2:24
Can't imagine there would be a third team to trade for Wolski within an 18-month span. They'll either keep him through summer or buy him out in June.
Nothing to indicate Chris Drury will pull a Markus Naslund

Brooks doesn't think Derek Boogaard will be a Ranger next season but doesn't know how that will happen

Talked about Kreider,Thomas and Grachev. Not a big Grachev fan.

Rangers will try to keep Gilroy.

Rangers need to be patient with MDZ

McCabe won't be a Ranger next season

Boyle's raise will be determined by contract length. Rangers won't let Boyle go UFA. In other words,Boyle will sign for more than just 1 year

If the Rangers can't land Richards,they'll have to make a trade for a top forward and they have the assets. Brooks feels TO and LA will offer Richards more than the Rangers. (I don't think LA with Penner on the books and still having to re-sign Doughty can afford Richards.)

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/slapsh...k69uSF9k5XRErM

Entertaining as usual.

Last edited by RangerBoy: 04-19-2011 at 03:42 PM.
RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:03 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
If the Rangers can't land Richards,they'll have to make a trade for a top forward and they have the assets
Interesting. I'd also like to explore the option of trading for a top 6 forward WITH richards here but I doubt it could fit cap wise.

Not excited about Gilroy and I hope they don't overpay Boyler.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:05 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Pretty sure Dustin Brown has played center.

I'd trade for him in a heart beat if Richards out prices himself to LA and LA is looking to shed salary. Not that they would trade Brown to do so, but in a perfect world?

x BEUKEBOOM x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Well, Brookes talked about the potential for the Rangers to trade for Rick Nash in the offseason.

Don't remember reading it but for some reason Kreider, 1st, something was mentioned.

04-19-2011, 03:14 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Well, Brookes talked about the potential for the Rangers to trade for Rick Nash in the offseason.

Don't remember reading it but for some reason Kreider, 1st, something was mentioned.
Rick Nash on the Rangers would make me nothing short of ecstatic. Don't know about that price but I would LOVE a Nash-Richards-Gaborik line.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:

I like Nash a lot but if we were to give up our #1 prospect I'd hope that a top line center would be coming back in return.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:15 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Interesting. I'd also like to explore the option of trading for a top 6 forward WITH richards here but I doubt it could fit cap wise.

Not excited about Gilroy and I hope they don't overpay Boyler.
That's what I'm hoping happens. Sign Richards, then go out and look for another marquee player via trade. We have a surplus of prospects to be honest. There's only so much room for Kreider (who really shouldn't be traded unless we get an elite player in their prime), Thomas, Grachev, MZA, etc. considering we have a lot of positions locked down. They'll have to be moved at some point, might as well be now when we are close to challenging and Hank's better than ever.

Doesn't have to be a forward necessarily though. If a guy like Weber doesn't want to re-sign in Nashville () I offer the house. Forward should definitely be the priority though.

Imagine a Staal-Weber pairing? And Weber's shot on the PP with Richards setting him up? And Weber clearing the crease 22 mins a night? HOLY ****

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Rick Nash on the Rangers would make me nothing short of ecstatic. Don't know about that price but I would LOVE a Nash-Richards-Gaborik line.
Well, with Nash's 7.8 on the books we likely wouldn't be able to afford Richards.

Would be more like a Nash-Christensen-Gaborik or Nash-Stepan-Gaborik line.

Couple more interesting notes;

He thinks Boyle will get more than 1 year
He thinks Vinny won't be back, Feds might
He doesn't think Drury has any plans to retire.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:21 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

I am very leery of Richards coming here. I DO NOT want the Rangers handing out a multi-year deal for the 2nd coming of Eric Lindros.

I wonder if a lot of teams are going to be turned off by the concussions and not go hard after him.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:29 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Well, with Nash's 7.8 on the books we likely wouldn't be able to afford Richards.

Would be more like a Nash-Christensen-Gaborik or Nash-Stepan-Gaborik line.

Couple more interesting notes;

He thinks Boyle will get more than 1 year
He thinks Vinny won't be back, Feds might
He doesn't think Drury has any plans to retire.
IF, if we were to get Nash, I look to move Gabby. I'd rather have Richards/Nash than Nash/Gabby. Extremely doubtful anyone touches his contract though.

Elite centers>elite wingers. Every Cup-winning team has a dominant "spine" down the middle of the team. Plus Richards and Gabby looks great on paper but who's setting them up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
I am very leery of Richards coming here. I DO NOT want the Rangers handing out a multi-year deal for the 2nd coming of Eric Lindros.

I wonder if a lot of teams are going to be turned off by the concussions and not go hard after him.
Second coming of Lindros is a bit much. The guy's had only one serious head injury and played great down the stretch for DAL. He's in no way, shape, or form the second coming of Lindros.

Old
04-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Aquiring Rick Nash or Shea Weber would be godly. I'd take that over Richards any day of the week.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:32 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I like Nash a lot but if we were to give up our #1 prospect I'd hope that a top line center would be coming back in return.
Really? Nash is a special player and i would love a trade like that. I mean sure u risk the chance of Kreider becoming something special but Nash alreadys is a very good player and power forward this team desperately lacks. I do agree we need center but buying out Drury, not resigning Gilroy, Prospal etc we could prob have a chance at both players. However all thi is just speculationg as i dont see Col giving Nash up for anything less than many good prospects not just 1.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:33 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I agree we need to get a top-line center, but you would really be mad if we traded away Kreider in a package and got Nash coming back?

Old
04-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

I'm not saying I wouldn't do the trade, I would just prefer if we used our blue chip prospect on a 1C (if one is available) rather than a winger.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:35 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

wowzers, had not heard of the nash speculation.

the leafs boards would self implode if nash went anywhere without burke making a play.

agreed with richards/nash ...over richards/gaborik ....or nash/gaborik.

x BEUKEBOOM x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Kreider isn't worth a #1 center. Nor is he worth Nash. Kreider's ultimate ceiling is a mini Nash.

I think if a star player becomes available you go for it. It is first line players we lack. Who gives Nash and Gaborik the puck? I don't think it really matters. Brendan Morrison did fine between Naslund and Bertuzzi.

I take issue with the adding of the cap space, but that is about it.

Old
04-19-2011, 03:37 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:

One concussion does not equate Richards to Lindros. Concussions weren't just Eric's problem, they ran in his family. That and the fact that Lindros skated head down made him a huge risk for concussion.

Richards is the opposite, he's extremely durable and he only had one significant injury ever which was a freak accident. He's fine, he had a concussion with the same recoverytine as the concussion I had. I've had several hits to my head since, even shortly after recovering from my concussion and I haven't had a problem since. Crosby should worry about his concussion, not Richards.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:40 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
Pretty sure Dustin Brown has played center.

I'd trade for him in a heart beat if Richards out prices himself to LA and LA is looking to shed salary. Not that they would trade Brown to do so, but in a perfect world?
I can't believe the Kings would trade their "C". Avery bullied Brown when he was in LA. I am surprised Brooks didn't mention Gaborik. He's the one who has the insight that Gabby's already going to LA. He's probably saving it for the day after the Rangers get eliminated.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:40 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Second coming of Lindros is a bit much. The guy's had only one serious head injury and played great down the stretch for DAL. He's in no way, shape, or form the second coming of Lindros.
I'm not saying he is...yet. What I more meant was I don't want him to come here, after a serious head injury, and start getting more of them. Cause you know that is the kind of thing that would happen to this team.

Also, not even saying I don't want him here, cause I do. But at the right price and the right deal. I don't want them giving out a Gomez/Drury type deal, it doesn't work out, and we're stuck with him.

Old
04-19-2011, 03:43 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
That's what I'm hoping happens. Sign Richards, then go out and look for another marquee player via trade. We have a surplus of prospects to be honest. There's only so much room for Kreider (who really shouldn't be traded unless we get an elite player in their prime), Thomas, Grachev, MZA, etc. considering we have a lot of positions locked down. They'll have to be moved at some point, might as well be now when we are close to challenging and Hank's better than ever.

Doesn't have to be a forward necessarily though. If a guy like Weber doesn't want to re-sign in Nashville () I offer the house. Forward should definitely be the priority though.

Imagine a Staal-Weber pairing? And Weber's shot on the PP with Richards setting him up? And Weber clearing the crease 22 mins a night? HOLY ****
As much as i like Shea Weber i think that the priority should be looking for top 6 forwards. I think our D has more depth and positions filled than up front. Its a offensive game these days, so i think money should go into forwards. Just to add big signings to D man dont seem to work out to well.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:45 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
I'm not saying he is...yet. What I more meant was I don't want him to come here, after a serious head injury, and start getting more of them. Cause you know that is the kind of thing that would happen to this team.

Also, not even saying I don't want him here, cause I do. But at the right price and the right deal. I don't want them giving out a Gomez/Drury type deal, it doesn't work out, and we're stuck with him.
I definitely agree with the last part. I do want Richards here in a bad way, but only in a sensible deal.

I'm actually confident that he'll hold up both statistically and healthwise over the next 4-5 seasons. He's as sure a thing there is in UFA. Even if Sather pulls, well a Sather, and gives some ludicrous cap hit, at least the production will be there, unlike Gomez.

Old
04-19-2011, 03:47 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
One concussion does not equate Richards to Lindros. Concussions weren't just Eric's problem, they ran in his family. That and the fact that Lindros skated head down made him a huge risk for concussion.

Richards is the opposite, he's extremely durable and he only had one significant injury ever which was a freak accident. He's fine, he had a concussion with the same recoverytine as the concussion I had. I've had several hits to my head since, even shortly after recovering from my concussion and I haven't had a problem since. Crosby should worry about his concussion, not Richards.
Hopefully he will be. But by his own admission he's not there yet.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:47 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post

Agreed. I'm just saying they should be leery..you know the kind of luck this team has with big ticket free agents!

Quote:
I definitely agree with the last part. I do want Richards here in a bad way, but only in a sensible deal.

I'm actually confident that he'll hold up both statistically and healthwise over the next 4-5 seasons. He's as sure a thing there is in UFA. Even if Sather pulls, well a Sather, and gives some ludicrous cap hit, at least the production will be there, unlike Gomez.
Haha..I certainly hope so. You'd figure one of these years he'll get it right with a free agent!

Old
04-19-2011, 03:48 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Pierre LeBrun discussed Rick Nash in an ESPN podcast last week. LeBrun doesn't think Columbus will trade Nash who just re-signed in Columbus. If Nash was placed on the market,LeBrun felt Brian Burke would move anything to land Nash.

4/11

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/...ive?id=2666118

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Wow, the Leafs are obnoxious.

What would they trade for Nash? Another 3 first round picks?