HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Trading up for Dougie Hamilton

Old
04-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Sharksfan83

vCash: 500
Trading up for Dougie Hamilton

I Know, I know.. We're all looking at the playoffs, and couldn't care less about the draft right now. But could you see DW making a move to grab Dougie Hamilton? And what would we be willing to give up for him? Say he goes 6-8 (Ott. Atl. Columbus) We have a few Dmen with top4 upside, but this kid could be different.

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:39 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 50
i think theres a better chance of us trading Freddie Hamilton to whatever team drafts Dougie.

- Coyle, Clowe, Couture could easily get this done. dont wanna do that.
- maybe a monster deal around Thornton/Heatley for the pick + .. also unlikely
- for Setoguchi straight up?

i dont see it happening.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Sharksfan83

Would Heatley + 2nd for say Dougie Hamilton make sense? Especially if we dont get the cup this year? The depth we could add with Heatleys 7+ m a year would be extraordinary.

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Jesus Toews*

Heatley to Boston for the 9th overall pick? Would that be high enough to get Hamilton? The Bs need help on the wings and they have Ryder and Recchi coming off the books, as well as the possibility that Seguin probably didn't hit all of his bonuses. They do need to re-sign Marchand and maybe Kaberle though so I don't know if that will work out.

Jesus Toews* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

won't happen.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:53 AM
RainbowDash
20% Cooler

Not gonna happen.

We're just going to have to wait until he becomes a UFA to sign him. That is of course if his brother Freddie becomes a regular on the Sharks roster.

RainbowDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 12:06 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

this whole "getting brothers to play together" thing is highly overrated. Unless they played complimentary positions/roles together for a long time (eg the Sedins), any impact/advantage to having both is negligible.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
13-14 Sharks CI Feed Tracker: 82 GP |29-39-14 (SJ-Opponent-Van/Nat'l)
www.bluejayshipsters.com We liked the Blue Jays before it was cool.
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:56 PM
matt trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
this whole "getting brothers to play together" thing is highly overrated. Unless they played complimentary positions/roles together for a long time (eg the Sedins), any impact/advantage to having both is negligible.
Unless it is a Niedermayer situation where having the third liner brother brings in the HHOFer, I tend to agree.

Personally, I think Larsson, RNH, SC, Landeskog, Hubreanau, Strome, Hamilton, and Murphy are the top 8, unless Zibanejad, Siemens, or Grimaldi (I could see someone thinking he is St. Louis 2.0) really jumps up. I just don't see us getting ahold of him, unless we offer up something like Setoguchi+1st to Atlanta, which just isn't worth it.

matt trick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 02:07 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
Unless it is a Niedermayer situation where having the third liner brother brings in the HHOFer, I tend to agree.

Personally, I think Larsson, RNH, SC, Landeskog, Hubreanau, Strome, Hamilton, and Murphy are the top 8, unless Zibanejad, Siemens, or Grimaldi (I could see someone thinking he is St. Louis 2.0) really jumps up. I just don't see us getting ahold of him, unless we offer up something like Setoguchi+1st to Atlanta, which just isn't worth it.
Plus the Sharks are desperately in need of skilled forwards in the pipeline. If they take a dman, he has to be 100% can't miss.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Herschel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I think this only applies if your are talking about their direct on ice effect on each other. Having brothers on the same team can help easy their transition into the NHL.

I situation like the Schenn brothers, I can see having both on the same team having a huge effect on Brayden and the speed in which he adapts to life in the NHL.

Herschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Kitten Mittons

Having two brothers on the team might get you discounted contracts long term. It is certainly not a Sedin situation but assuming they are actually good brothers and not the Staals, we could save some money.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 04:34 PM
ThorntonFan19

Id give up: 1st 2011, 1st 2012, Niitymaki and Fierrero

And it still wouldnt be enough.

ThorntonFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Franchise13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorntonFan19 View Post
Id give up: 1st 2011, 1st 2012, Niitymaki and Fierrero

And it still wouldnt be enough.

Trading 2 low first round picks, a negative valued goalie (contract, injury issues etc...) and a meh prospect isn't exactly going out on a limb =P.

I'm not all too familiar with this guy, but it seems that he's in the group of guys before the talent drop off happens. That package is not going to get it done, generally speaking.

Franchise13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Sharksrule04

I'd rather have Ryan Murphy. He is going to be an all-star offensive d-man, something we need more of with Boyle getting older.

Sharksrule04 is offline   Reply With Quote