HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are the Rangers targeting Mike Green's head?

Old
04-19-2011, 02:44 PM
pavelich

vCash: 500
get back to us bruce when ovechkin stops leaving his feet on every hit, make that charge, he dishes out.

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 02:45 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Should go after AO, Semin, and Backstrom, not mohawk boy.
the mohawk is an easy target. AO can fight his own battles; it'll be impossible to physically intimidate him. I think he plays better when you wake up his physical game. Are you sure you want to mess with Semin and his bongo powers? playing with fire dude. just saying. I'd like to just see us wear their team down. Consistent and smart hitting across the board.

I thought there'd be an interference call on the play but they scored so it didn't make a difference. Marc must have thought the puck was going to Green.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 02:57 PM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
the mohawk is an easy target. AO can fight his own battles; it'll be impossible to physically intimidate him. I think he plays better when you wake up his physical game. Are you sure you want to mess with Semin and his bongo powers? playing with fire dude. just saying. I'd like to just see us wear their team down. Consistent and smart hitting across the board.

I thought there'd be an interference call on the play but they scored so it didn't make a difference. Marc must have thought the puck was going to Green.

I wish we had a Lucic-type hitter. I'm not saying take runs with intent to injure, but just catch AO/Semin/Backstrom ONCE with a nice BAM!

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:04 PM
satrabyk

God i really hope we can beat Wash just to shut this man up. Id love a Torts vs Budreau fight but Torts is the Mr. Calm and collected now.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:12 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Guess I'm in the minority here... Definitely interference on Staal's part on that hit.... Didn't look very bad though... Green tends to drop his stick and look dazed quite a bit..... Noticed that a handful of occasions this season....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:26 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Guess I'm in the minority here... Definitely interference on Staal's part on that hit.... Didn't look very bad though...
he better be interfering. Every game this playoffs the interference by defenders on all teams is getting worse and worse. Kind of irritates me to be honest as I like to see the forwards retrieve pucks etc. It just seems the refs have been told to let the interference go.

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:27 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Green tends to drop his stick and look dazed quite a bit..... Noticed that a handful of occasions this season....
it's the new version of Carcillo's trademark snapping of his neck and head back to pretend his just been high-sticked

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:31 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Guess I'm in the minority here... Definitely interference on Staal's part on that hit.... Didn't look very bad though... Green tends to drop his stick and look dazed quite a bit..... Noticed that a handful of occasions this season....
Interference? Yes, I can definitely see that.

Brutal head shot? Absolutely not.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:39 PM
arunnair87

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb5pLJOTshU

When the hit is like that... come back and talk to me.

arunnair87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:54 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunnair87 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb5pLJOTshU

When the hit is like that... come back and talk to me.
After seeing this, I hope someone makes Green forget what his name is. Hate this Jersey-shore wannabe.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Levitate

I doubt the Rangers are intentionally targeting Green's head. It doesn't seem to be their kind of game. I can see targeting guys to be hit a lot and things like that, but intentionally targeting a players head after he comes back from concussions? I think it ONLY gets mention because of Stepan's accidental head shot that put Green out until now. If it was some other team that concussed Green before that, I don't think it gets brought up.

As for Staal's hit, I think he was lining Green up quickly for a hit, Green changed his direction a little and Staal reacted by reaching out and just trying to make contact. I don't think he intentionally meant to do it, but he needs to be more careful and make sure he's not clipping guys in the head.

I also think the league let it slide because the Caps scored on the play, Green didn't seem to be interested, and because no one was paying attention to that play at all because they were all watching the goal

E: and this seems to be part of Washington's identity. I think it's intentional and Boudreau wants to be that guy out there stirring things up and yapping a ton, to be that firey team/coach who's gonna rip into the league and other teams, etc etc, but personally I'm not sure if I'd want my pro sports team to have that kind of identity and be known as the team that will whine about anything the moment something goes wrong (which I believe is the unintended side effect of Boudrea's comments)

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 04:30 PM
E Nixson
Powered by Intel

Who gives a ****, if the team won't do anything but complain about it to the media, they shouldn't be playing in the playoffs. This is hockey. Don't *****, get even.

The complain that we are bumping their goalie's and players and the refs should be protecting them. No. The defenseman are supposed to protect the goalie, and teammates are supposed to have each others backs.

E Nixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 04:41 PM
DutchShamrock

A small but not insignificant game played in the playoffs is in the media. You'll hear players complain about anything as small as lovetaps to the back of the knees that supposedly numb the entire leg, which what I believe the Flyers claimed a few seasons ago. It's all about getting that extra powerplay in the 3rd period or getting the other team to alter their game. The Caps know Green's reputation in the playoffs when the contact and physicality pick up and they are just trying to create some protection for him. The Rangers are targeting him no doubt in an effort to eliminate one of their weapons, and by eliminate I mean hit at every chance, not target his head.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 04:57 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

It's the playoffs people.

When the Caps went after Marc Staal in the first games,Torts said he would do the same thing if he was coaching against the Rangers.

The Rangers better hit Green to wear him out. He plays over 20 minutes a game. That's how playoff hockey has been played forever. Bobby Orr. Paul Coffey. Brian Leetch. You go after the top D on the other team.

If the Caps are afraid of Green getting hit,maybe he shouldn't be playing.

Too much crying going on in Washington.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 05:07 PM
blueshirt4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
It's the playoffs people.

When the Caps went after Marc Staal in the first games,Torts said he would do the same thing if he was coaching against the Rangers.

The Rangers better hit Green to wear him out. He plays over 20 minutes a game. That's how playoff hockey has been played forever. Bobby Orr. Paul Coffey. Brian Leetch. You go after the top D on the other team.

If the Caps are afraid of Green getting hit,maybe he shouldn't be playing.

Too much crying going on in Washington.
couldn't have said it better myself.

blueshirt4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 06:04 PM
truebluegoalie

I didn't think the staal hit was that bad, in fact he got up so quick, one might be led to think it was a dive. But.........
there was a play,in the first I think, where prust threw a clean hit and followed with a punch to the head, kind of surprised me.

Oh and as far as semen and his bongos go I was at that game and I am so ****ing sick of hearing about that. If semen had his fighting strap tied down staal would have had the upper hand, kind of like the Stafford hartnell fight the other night. Instead staal loses his balance and falls to the ice when he doesn't have the leverage he expected.

I am so sick of hearing from caps fans that staal got his ass kicked.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 06:13 PM
BroadwayBlueshirt85

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I didn't think the staal hit was that bad, in fact he got up so quick, one might be led to think it was a dive. But.........
there was a play,in the first I think, where prust threw a clean hit and followed with a punch to the head, kind of surprised me.

Oh and as far as semen and his bongos go I was at that game and I am so ****ing sick of hearing about that. If semen had his fighting strap tied down staal would have had the upper hand, kind of like the Stafford hartnell fight the other night. Instead staal loses his balance and falls to the ice when he doesn't have the leverage he expected.

I am so sick of hearing from caps fans that staal got his ass kicked.
I youtubed that hit after the Caps fans whined about it...It was unnecessary, but it wasn't all that bad...He swung his arm around and hit Green below the back of his neck. He didn't even hit him very hard...looked more like the kind of hit to annoy someone rather than inflict pain

BroadwayBlueshirt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 06:17 PM
beastly115

If they're not they should. Hollweg would be perfect right now. Use him in game 1, take out Green, let him get suspended, profit.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 06:30 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlueshirt85 View Post
I youtubed that hit after the Caps fans whined about it...It was unnecessary, but it wasn't all that bad...He swung his arm around and hit Green below the back of his neck. He didn't even hit him very hard...looked more like the kind of hit to annoy someone rather than inflict pain
Yeah, it definitely didn't look bad but it wasn't necessary and it just adds fuel to the fire.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 06:39 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Is it a known injury?

Is thsi the Playoffs?

They effing better bet targeting his head.

That's all I have to say about that....
You're a real fan of the game, aren't you?

Targeting the head, which is illegal, which could end a man's career, which could ruin his entire life, is a strategy to pursue?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 06:48 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
You're a real fan of the game, aren't you?

Targeting the head, which is illegal, which could end a man's career, which could ruin his entire life, is a strategy to pursue?
Bylsma (I think) told his team to run Hank the game after it looked like his neck was ****ed up from getting hit.

It's despicable, but it happens.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Leetch66

Considering some of the things that are policed by the NEW NHL...they should find a way to politely tell Boudreau to cool his big mouth down when it involved slandering players on other teams .

I'm sure Boudreau has forgotten about his Minor league hockey days when teams he was involved with had goons like Tiger Williams and even worse guys in the old CHL in the 70's . He certainly wants everybody associated with the media to think he is a saint now .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Ice Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Seriously. I don't want to call it a dive....but it looked like a dive to me.
i feel the same way. to me, green flailed his limbs and made it look bad.... then when he realized ovie lit the lamp, that was the signal that it was OK for him to get up and stop pretending.

green was very low to the ice and tried to dodge the hit. staal was very low because he was lining up for a legal hit. when players are going real fast and there's someone skillful like staal who's had you lined up for any amount of time, it's sometimes much better to absorb the hit than to jump out of the way and risk getting clipped. if your head gets clipped, that part of your body absorbs the entire force of the hit, instead of your entire body. that's how lots of injuries resulting from awkward hits and knee on knees occur. it looks to me like green tried to draw one here.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 07:27 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Bylsma (I think) told his team to run Hank the game after it looked like his neck was ****ed up from getting hit.

It's despicable, but it happens.
Yes, it happens, and yes it is despicable, no matter who is doing it.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 07:30 PM
3Four3

If the Caps are that worried because he may be still too fragile, sit him.

Put in Tom "I'm allergic to 99% of food products & I was never fearful of Scott Stevens like I was of a peanut" Poti.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote