HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFers coming to Philadelphia for Game 2 Saturday...

Old
04-19-2011, 06:11 PM
LePalle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I think it's more about being proud than disrespectful. I wore Flyers jerseys for 3 days in Toronto when I went up for the game, and all I got was a few jeers and a bunch of conversations. As long as you accept the boos you're going to get, who cares? It's not like they're coming down and peeing on the Liberty Bell, they're just proudly representing their team.
If they want to do it, they have every right to. I'm just not going to treat them like a respectable guest. I'm gonna give them the finger and walk away.

LePalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 06:16 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton 22 View Post
If they want to do it, they have every right to. I'm just not going to treat them like a respectable guest. I'm gonna give them the finger and walk away.
Ah, well can't argue with that. I personally boo the hell out of them. If they laugh it off or something harmless, I give them a nod and go my way. If they attempt to insult me, I verbally destroy them. That ends it, every time.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Ah, well can't argue with that. I personally boo the hell out of them. If they laugh it off or something harmless, I give them a nod and go my way. If they attempt to insult me, I verbally destroy them. That ends it, every time.
with a soda being poured on you right lol

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 06:29 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
with a soda being poured on you right lol
Lol soda didn't hit me. Child missed. And I tore him apart haha.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 07:49 PM
FlyerCub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton 22 View Post
I don't mind them being there, but wearing the jersey everywhere is disrespectful in my opinion. Wear it to the game, sure. And if you wear it to the game, cheer when your team scores and that's it.
Gotcha, I misinterpreted what you meant. I might wear a shirt or hat other times but reserve the jersey for games or something like the HHOF in Toronto. I was up there to see a non-Flyers game but did wear my jersey on HHOF day. One step outside the hotel before hearing "Go Leafs Go."

FlyerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:07 PM
flountown

Oh well, I wish I had a witty comeback for some comments, but whatever. It's strange you didn't enjoy the rest of the city, Philadelphia is a fun town, decent night life and some interesting sights to see. You guys should have asked for some more extra-curricular activity recommendations.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:36 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSabre View Post
It was exactly as I expected. There were some people who were kind, few who could carry on an intelligent hockey conversation, and a good amount of complete *******s who went out of their way to be dicks. The homophobic obsession was quite impressive.

Entertaining game, though. It was my first trip to the city, and I spent some time checking it out until I left late Sunday afternoon. Similiar to Boston, I thought it was a cool city but the people were generally jackasses. Reputations are usually earned, often deserved.

I know some of you wouldn't fit the generalization, but it's too bad I didn't get to talk to any of you rather than the idiots I did.
I'm hoping to god I was one of the jackasses go **** yourself ******

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote