HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings #5 Prospect

View Poll Results: Who is the Kings #5 Prospect?
Anze Kopitar 37 54.41%
Lauri Tukonen 7 10.29%
Jef Tambellini 16 23.53%
Konstantin Pushkarev 3 4.41%
Brian Boyle 1 1.47%
Richard Petiot 4 5.88%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2005, 12:41 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
I went with Tambellini.
but I would go with Lehoux if he was on the list.

Old
08-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Face Wash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn
I thought you were the one who really liked Corvo, sorry for that.

The point is, why disparage those of us who like a prospect's combination of potential and NHL readiness? If you don't like a prospect, that's fine... but calling us "lemmings" who see Kopitar as "good as Ovechkin, Malkin, or Crosby" in every thread is getting tiresome now.

But whatever floats your boat. I'm just glad Kopitar is winning this time so I don't have to deal with someone who used to be respectable on these boards act like a chump on these supposedly fun polls anymore.

Wow!!! harsh... I am respectable K.P. and this is a fan poll so it's not necessarily based on reality. The fact is though, the only footage anyone's seen on this guy are ten 3-second snippets during the draft when they announce the guy's name when he's drafted. We have guys on this list who many of have seen, who have shown just as much potential at there respective postions.

IMO, I try not to base my opinions solely on what I read and what someone tells me. Ya gotta use your eyes and your own knowledge of the sport to make an accurate assessment. Having said that, I don't think it's irrational to think the guy is a top prospect. He was drafted pretty high and the overwhelming concensus is that he should have been draft higher. But the exact same thing was said about Tukonen the year before and almost NO ONE is voting for that dude.

Obviously, if I offended you by calling you a lemming, I'm sorry. Lemming is certainly not the most offensive thing I've ever said. I was equal opportunity, calling everyone who in my opinion weren't basing their opinions on anything they've seen, but what you've read or have been told.

Besides, I call jfont worse things all the time, and he still loves me.

Last edited by Face Wash: 08-10-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old
08-10-2005, 11:03 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
Ya gotta use your eyes and your own knowledge of the sport to make an accurate assessment.

I was equal opportunity, calling everyone who in my opinion weren't basing their opinions on anything they've seen, but what you've read or have been told.

That's speaking gospel right there! Can you now post these words on every thread. Everyone has their opinions, and i'm not really getting involved on these threads. But most of my arguments are about players that we get to see night in/night out. Sometimes I really don't know what games some of these posters are watching.................that's if they're even watching them.

Old
08-10-2005, 11:09 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

You're right; not many of us have seen much of Kopitar. That's why we have these scouting services and second hand observations to tell us what they've seen. Like I said, it's fine if you don't think highly of Kopitar (especially if you haven't seen him), but I just got tired how after a few threads in a row there's some knock against voting for Kopitar if we like what we've read.

Being a college student down in San Diego, I've only had the opportunity to see Brown, Gleason, Cammalleri, Grebeshkov, James, Marsters, and Brust... plus highlights of Tukonen, Boyle, and Tambellini. I can't make trips up to LA to watch the other prospects. And I'd be laughed off the boards if I said the Kings top 10 prospects were the ones listed above, just because I've seen them.

So it just bothered me that I'm basically being told I can't form an opinion because I haven't seen prospects play. Same thing for some of the Kings fans who live overseas, or out of state. Like I said in another thread... we don't have too much to talk about to bide our time until we see some games actually played, so I'd like to participate in what I can.

It wasn't the "lemmings" remark that bothered me so much, and I didn't mean to lash out THAT much So I apologize for taking it too far.

And yes you're still respectable. But the whole loving part is between you, jfront, and the camera.

Old
08-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:

IMO, I try not to base my opinions solely on what I read and what someone tells me. Ya gotta use your eyes and your own knowledge of the sport to make an accurate assessment. Having said that, I don't think it's irrational to think the guy is a top prospect. He was drafted pretty high and the overwhelming concensus is that he should have been draft higher. But the exact same thing was said about Tukonen the year before and almost NO ONE is voting for that dude.
The things said about both players were not the same. If my memory serves me right, and it hardly ever does, Tukonen was projected as a fast, gritty powerforward with some scoring capability. Kopitar is regarded as an incredibly skilled playmaker and scorer with tremendous upside. As someone who can't travel the world watching hockey I have to base my opinions on the reports of those who do. The top Euro scout for ISS was raving about Kopitar, those that saw him compete in the WJC also had great things to say. I think he should have been #4 in this poll as the comments from those that saw Grebs all last year have not been too complementary. I just hope that Kopitar lives up to his billing and becomes the team's first line , all star center, in which case we'll all realize we put him too low in this poll

Old
08-10-2005, 12:11 PM
fuzzerson
¡Ándele!

Send a message via ICQ to fuzzerson
Quote:
Petiot... cause I've actually seen him play.
Agreed, I have watched him for 4 years, he is a keeper.

Closed Thread