HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL PLAYOFFS: Manchester @ Binghamton Game 4 4/19 7:00 EST, Manchester Leads 2-1

Old
04-19-2011, 08:20 PM
BeerandHockey
╚(_)╝

vCash: 500
Brust bust?

BeerandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 08:20 PM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Bingo is imploding now.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Ouroboros

vCash: 1076
The guys that were sent down from Ottawa have been awful.

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
The guys that were sent down from Ottawa have been awful.
Well they don't have Spezza to make them look good.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Locke, Hale, Smith etc better play next game. This is the playoffs. They can't be pansy out now with the series at stake.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Great..no Locke, no Hale, no Coulombe, no Smith and no Gryba..great
Damn those clowns in Ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Get Brust out of there. Lehner's turn.
Again, 20 saves on 26 shots. I know he can't stop them all, but goalies need to be solid in playoffs

His stats are gonna be brutal

Lehner is the only hope. Brust is done.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 08:25 PM
blair7

With all the fan support from Bingo fans tonight I thought they'd win for sure

blair7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 08:30 PM
HockeyTownUSA

Butler and Z. Smith both -3.

HockeyTownUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 08:37 PM
RayLeeCharles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post

Lehner wont make that much difference, too many odd man rushes given to good players. I doubt this Bingo team would even beat the one that fought so hard to make the playoffs.

RayLeeCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Parker

After years of mediocrity I thought this BSens team was loaded with talent and could really do some damage in the playoffs. How frustrating and disappointing to see them go down in flames like this. I thought the guys who had been called up were going to come back down to the AHL and dominate. Instead the team looks worse than it did before, FC is right.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:22 PM
tenpinsplit

i agree, let lehner play. it is not all barry's fault bc the guys in front of him are worse than rotten milk....BUT he has to make some saves to keep us in it.

call some kids from johnson city to replace kinrade, benoit and weircock on the blue line. it couldnt get much worse.

tell hale to take his skirt off and lace up the skates. suprise he is "hurt" when there is no chance of a call up. happened earlier in the season and he magically got better once the opportunity was there to get called up.

if locke is hurt bad, just say so and end the speculation. if he isnt, or if "he is close", make him dress....this is hockey not the ballet.

and im tired of coach k's "we are not done yet"...we are finished, i wish he would go bruce boudreau on this bunch.

tenpinsplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:26 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

When Manchester took D Smith & Patrick Coulombe out in the 1st 3 games to be honest it was over. With Hale & Gryba already being out. Can not lose 4 D-men. Manchester did it well taking them out.

Add to that the lack of grit down here, to do anything about it.

Hell they could of used Francis Lessard down here he would have done something about it.............

I have called for the Ottawa Org to add toughness & grit for a long time.

You think they would have learned after they went to the finals where the Ducks ran them off the ice..........

ZekeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Parker

Brust could have become a legend in Binghamton with a strong showing in the playoffs. I'm certainly not blaming him for all of the problems these past few games but he's going to make it easy for BSens fans to welcome Lehner when he takes over next season.

Brutal 120 minutes for Binghamton fans going from the euphoria of period 1 in game 3 to the ****show that was game 4.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
After years of mediocrity I thought this BSens team was loaded with talent and could really do some damage in the playoffs. How frustrating and disappointing to see them go down in flames like this. I thought the guys who had been called up were going to come back down to the AHL and dominate. Instead the team looks worse than it did before, FC is right.
That's the issue with just throwing a group of guys back together at the end of the year...they didn't even have a week to mesh. But what are ya gonna do?

You're missing the league MVP and a could solid AHL vets on the back end. Tough go....

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Damn those clowns in Ottawa

Again, 20 saves on 26 shots. I know he can't stop them all, but goalies need to be solid in playoffs

His stats are gonna be brutal

Your 2 respond's are brutal..mine, sure pure sarcastic ha, but "Lehner is the only hope" one throws what little credibility you have from myself out the window..nice call from your couch..

Just a question for ya, Xspyrit..are you watching these game's from a feed or from a stat sheet??

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
You know and if you don't you should..our D is so weak right now it's pitiful..we need Gryba's size and physical play, we need Hale's experience, we need Smitty's offense on the point, we need Coumbine's knack of working the puck..

Benoit's getting burnt so easily, he cannot do everything, Weircoch is green, Kinrade and Schira have been decent and that rounds up our current defense and all the odd man rushes given up including that brutal shorthanded goal by Azevedo who was fed by Sens series killer Holloway..

Blaming Brust by some here on stat's is pure obnoxious stupity..if Lehner lets in a couple goal's then he would deflate, especially w/ the Murray's in town watching..

We don't have the time for line chemistry anymore and seeing a player like Greening taking late penalties that he wouldn't have earlier in the season spells exhaustion..some of these guys have to be beyond spent on behalf how many rookie minutes they played this season in both leagues..

Manchester is too good a team to not lose three in a row, we are toast..

Old
04-19-2011, 10:54 PM
SenzZen
Unsustainable

Let's not cannibalize ourselves here, guys. Take the league MVP out and you're bound to be in tough- especially after playing playoff hockey for the past 3 months. I'm sure Brust has made some big stops, but I have been surprised by a few that beat him- just off highlights, though. Bottom line: it's a team game. If you want to blame someone- blame the Saskatoon Blades

SenzZen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:58 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
These bleepers better pull off an upset and make my 40 blankety blank dollars pay off. This is unaccptable.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Polansky

Quote:
You know and if you don't you should..our D is so weak right now it's pitiful..we need Gryba's size and physical play, we need Hale's experience, we need Smitty's offense on the point, we need Coumbine's knack of working the puck..

Benoit's getting burnt so easily, he cannot do everything, Weircoch is green, Kinrade and Schira have been decent and that rounds up our current defense and all the odd man rushes given up including that brutal shorthanded goal by Azevedo who was fed by Sens series killer Holloway..

Blaming Brust by some here on stat's is pure obnoxious stupity..if Lehner lets in a couple goal's then he would deflate, especially w/ the Murray's in town watching..

We don't have the time for line chemistry anymore and seeing a player like Greening taking late penalties that he wouldn't have earlier in the season spells exhaustion..some of these guys have to be beyond spent on behalf how many rookie minutes they played this season in both leagues..

Manchester is too good a team to not lose three in a row, we are toast..
Nice to know Mr. Brust posts on HF..

Polansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polansky View Post
Nice to know Mr. Brust posts on HF..
Nope, just an average fan's perspective whom has an opinion on what is witnessed live game day's..

Old
04-19-2011, 11:37 PM
RiceMan1287

There's no reason to blame Brust. Granted he hasn't made many "unbelievable" saves in this series, but there's only so much a goalie can do. He has made the saves he needs to. He has also been hung out to dry thanks to our defense on a number of goals. The defense is just not good enough against this Manchester team/our injuries. Plus with no time to gel, this team is just a bunch of guys thrown together for the playoffs.

With that being said, I think Lehner gets the next game. If there was ever a time for him to step up, now is it. There's no chance we take 3 games from them with 2 in their building, but miracles happen.

RiceMan1287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 12:26 AM
TheBandWagon

I didn't get to see the game, but you have to hand it to Manchester. They have a really good team and 2 games have went to OT and one was decided by a goal. It has been a good series and if these boys could start burying their open net chances the series could be the other way.

Gotta have faith! they're best of sevens for a reason!

TheBandWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 12:46 AM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Ok all... this is not about BLAMING Brust or anyone else... Why is it always about blaming? A goalie is like a QB or a pitcher, a key position in the game. Brust hasn't done enough (no matter how you cut it) to help his team win. Don't need to blame him, but teams who go far in the playoffs are running a hot goalie 95% of the time (with a SV% around 0.930%). You can't win with below average numbers unless your team scores 6 goals every game. That's all.

Quote:
Your 2 respond's are brutal..mine, sure pure sarcastic ha, but "Lehner is the only hope" one throws what little credibility you have from myself out the window..nice call from your couch..

Just a question for ya, Xspyrit..are you watching these game's from a feed or from a stat sheet??
lol calm down dude it's just a game. I have watched some parts of the games from the feed but can't watch them all because I got other things to do and well, I rather follow NHL games than AHL games frankly. But from what I've seen, B-Sens didn't get enough Key saves when they needed it. And when your goalie is well above .900%, it can't be good.

My 1st response was pure sarcasm and you should know that it wasn't directed at you. So why do you even care to mention it?

And my comment "Lehner is the only hope" throws what little credibility you have from myself out the window? lol!

Ridiculous. I understand you are all emo about this, but haven't you seen a goalie running cold in a playoff series before? A goalie change can turn things around. So, what I am saying is that I have enough hockey experience (both on the ice and on the couch) to know what I'm talking about.

You don't see credibility in my posting? You think I care?

Last edited by Xspyrit: 04-20-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 12:59 AM
TheBandWagon

hey Ski/bingo fans who have watched more games than just these few playoff games:

what's your view on KK overplaying his top guys? I know through the year they were handicapped with lack of bodies, but it seems like he's been relying too much on his top D men lately. I know that's kind of unfair to say because of the injuries but do you think it's an issue with KK's coaching style where he tends to rely a little much on his top guys? just drunk speculation on my part

TheBandWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 08:10 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Get Brust out of there. Lehner's turn.
Agreed, Brust has looked hurt since March. I think we toss the 19 yr old goalie into net in an elimination game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyBass View Post
Missing too many AHL defensemen.
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blair7 View Post
With all the fan support from Bingo fans tonight I thought they'd win for sure
Where are all the Ottawa fans who could have driven down to watch playoff hockey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe2toe View Post
tell hale to take his skirt off and lace up the skates. suprise he is "hurt" when there is no chance of a call up. happened earlier in the season and he magically got better once the opportunity was there to get called up.
Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder the same thing. Maybe now that he has a kid, he just said, i'm done with hockey. Tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandWagon View Post
hey Ski/bingo fans who have watched more games than just these few playoff games:

what's your view on KK overplaying his top guys? I know through the year they were handicapped with lack of bodies, but it seems like he's been relying too much on his top D men lately. I know that's kind of unfair to say because of the injuries but do you think it's an issue with KK's coaching style where he tends to rely a little much on his top guys? just drunk speculation on my part
Alright, here's how this breaks down.

Bobby Butler has checked out. His mind is in Ottawa next season. Greening is tired, you can tell that, and Z.Smith is trying to make something happen.

We are NOT playing the OB/Condra/Daugavins line nearly enough. OB carried us into the playoffs on his back and he's getting like 7 mins of ice time. That's ********. K-Daugs had 4-5 really close shots at a goal last night at the beginning of the game, and worked his ass off and he was hardly on the ice in the third. Same with Condra. It's so frustrating.

The only line producing, Keller/Potulny/Wick. Actually Wick should be left off as well, he looks either tired or disinterested in playing again. I'm leaning towards being tired and beat down, because he still has wired a few shots in these games. Can't say enough about the need to resign both Keller and Potulny for B-Sens next season. Potulny is legit.

Dz/Bass/Grant, can't say enough praise about this line. The only line that shows ANY energy out there every shift. Throwing checks last night, trying to get things going, taking pucks away in the corners. This line is awesome as a shutdown checking/energy line. The one bright spot.

Bottom line here, is that I think the call-ups hurt these players from a fatigue factor. Either that, or they just don't give a crap. They seem to think that they can just stick handle and everything will be ok. They are rushing passes and not controlling play. For streaks at a time, they will make tape-to-tape passes and then a light switch goes off and they just start blindly tossing the puck around. It's a disaster out there.

Defense...

We just don't have the players. Period. And Wiercioch is pissing me off big time. Patrick, if you read these forums, SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK. He must have had a standing order not to shoot last night because he'd much rather look to pass.

All of the D-men need to step up to the puck too. Way too many times they just let Manchester walk into the zone with the puck when they could have broken up a play. Back-checking was terrible.

Ok rant over for now.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote