HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose a heartbreaker

Old
04-19-2011, 09:01 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
I'd like to know how many Edwards fans slam Fox and Glenn Beck et al. for their ridiculously obvious polemics, but are blind to the garbage that Jack spews. It's the power of being brainwashed by your allegiance. Fortunately the only ones who make the bruins looks bad are....the bruins. The worst I ever hear from Edwards' counterparts is that AK is a bum and Gomez sucks (both at some point opinions widely held on our own board).

So unprofessional and even sadder irony that otherwise intelligent people who decry biased picture painting are taken in by his serpentine and vitriolic bile.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Gary320

So those who think Habs lack killer instinct. Do they think the same of Vancouver?

Realistic Fact: There are losses in series.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs73 View Post
There is a video on NESN website of Jack Edwards in the Montreal Plaza talking about diving. Copy of link below

http://www.nesn.com/2011/04/jack-edw...ckey-life.html

He mentions at the end of the video that Maurice Richard is probably spinning in his grave at the current Habs roster.

This guy is a complete tool
holy shizzle , I saw him today filming this. Had I known...... I would have told him what I think of him.....these idiots were filming with an iphone or something....it was pretty pathetic to see. I though it was some sort of community tv station or something....

he looked like such a dork I then thought it was just some random fans filming about their trip to MTL.

Last edited by Woland: 04-19-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
So those who think Habs lack killer instinct. Do they think the same of Vancouver?

Realistic Fact: There are losses in series.
There's a big difference between losing game 3 at home when the series is 2-0, and game 4 in the other team's building when the series is at 3-0. Bruins didn't play well, and are an average team. Chicago played very well and are the defending cup champ.

Last edited by Des Louise: 04-19-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Fergy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
holy shizzle , I saw him today filming this. Had I known...... I would have told him what I think of him.....these idiots were filming with an iphone or something....it was pretty pathetic to see. I though it was some sort of community tv station or something....
At least we are done with him for awhile. VERSUS has games 4 and 5 so we don't have to listen to him.

Fergy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Seb
Need more Therrien

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
There is a video on NESN website of Jack Edwards in the Montreal Plaza talking about diving. Copy of link below

He mentions at the end of the video that Maurice Richard is probably spinning in his grave at the current Habs roster.

Can you be, look and sound any more ******** than this?

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:26 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Hmmm. That's actually disgusting and disturbing. Although we may be getting to the bottom of Jack's bitterness. My bet is he was never, ever picked to be on one of those playground teams. He wasn't picked last mind you, he was never picked at all.

Can he be that delusional that he thinks none of the Bruins are guilty of the accusation he makes about the rest of the NHL?

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Hmmm. That's actually disgusting and disturbing. Although we may be getting to the bottom of Jack's bitterness. My bet is he was never, ever picked to be on one of those playground teams. He wasn't picked last mind you, he was never picked at all.

Can he be that delusional that he thinks none of the Bruins are guilty of the accusation he makes about the rest of the NHL?
I'd thought that video would upset me but it was so pathetic that I just laughed. That guy is just not very smart.

Last edited by Des Louise: 04-19-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:

"..and to see that thing happen in the shadow of all these great players who've played for the Montreal Canadiens for so long..."

What particular diving incident is he referring to? At first I thought he meant just diving in general, but I'm pretty sure it's a shot at the current Habs.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Seb
Need more Therrien

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
"..and to see that thing happen in the shadow of all these great players who've played for the Montreal Canadiens for so long..."

What particular diving incident is he referring to? At first I thought he meant just diving in general, but I'm pretty sure it's a shot at the current Habs.
Prolly when Wiz got hit by a stick on the face which led to a 2 on 1 and the refs blew the whistle.

It got them bruins fans mad

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Prolly when Wiz got hit by a stick on the face which led to a 2 on 1 and the refs blew the whistle.

It got them bruins fans mad
Ah, you mean the one where Wiz was spitting blood, and Chara should have been called for slashing? Yeah, you're probably right.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:00 PM
googlymoogly

Edwards is probably in the running to replace Don Cherry on Coach's Corner someday CBC loves anything Bruin.

He has fans.

Last edited by googlymoogly: 04-19-2011 at 10:07 PM.
googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:22 PM
supertzar

Can't stand Edwards. Have to listen to him every time there's a Habs/Bruins game. He's a complete joke. CRYING AND WHINING all the time. Ridiculous and asinine statements the entire game. Bashing the Habs, bashing Montreal, bashing Habs fans--this guy shouldn't be able to walk the streets of Montreal without being heckled.

He's just a turd.

supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Xia

About Edwards, I can agree that diving is becoming more and more of an issue in professional sport, as opposed to just hockey, let alone one team. He's just trying to get under our skin, don't let him.

Anyway, I made the trip for the game last night. Tough one. Hard to blame Price when he made more than a handful of very important saves. Pouliot on the other hand, I think he let his emotions show alittle too much. Good call on Martin to bench him. Let's hope they got all the home jitters out of their system. They seemed really scared of the crowd in the first period; second guessing themselves and not skating, must be intimidating to live up to the kind of passion and noise we bring au Centre Bell!

Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Can't believe people are even talking about Edwards. Seriously, let it go, he's such an idiot it's not even worth wasting any time over.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Can't believe people are even talking about Edwards. Seriously, let it go, he's such an idiot it's not even worth wasting any time over.
Exactly !

If the Habs come out like they were playing in the second half. I will be very happy and there is good chance they can win this.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Problem is that, in Mr. Edwards' opinion, EVERY time a Montreal player goes down, it's a dive.

He's essentially building on his own false conceptions, and leading the rest of that fanbase to do the same.

Fact is that the Canadiens don't dive any more than other teams do, and Jack Edwards is a tool.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 11:14 PM
headliner

I don't know, guys....it's not as if we ran away with the 2 games in Boston...they were won through hard work and determination on every shift.

When I heard Martin and Price attribute that bad start to the overall attitude in the morning skate, it boggled my mind.

How can you let up for ONE SECOND when you have your foot on their throat?

It's one thing if it's the Atlanta Thrashers during the regular season, but not a hated rival (one that broke your teammates neck) in the playoffs. When you bring home a 2-0 lead, you focus and try your best to deliver the knock-out blow.

It would be one thing if we lost this game playing our absolute best out of the gate....but we didn't.

We let the Bruins up. We'll see what happens.

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by headliner View Post
I don't know, guys....it's not as if we ran away with the 2 games in Boston...they were won through hard work and determination on every shift.

When I heard Martin and Price attribute that bad start to the overall attitude in the morning skate, it boggled my mind.

How can you let up for ONE SECOND when you have your foot on their throat?

It's one thing if it's the Atlanta Thrashers during the regular season, but not a hated rival (one that broke your teammates neck) in the playoffs. When you bring home a 2-0 lead, you focus and try your best to deliver the knock-out blow.

It would be one thing if we lost this game playing our absolute best out of the gate....but we didn't.

We let the Bruins up. We'll see what happens.
It isn't all about what the Habs did or didn't do, the Bruins have a lot to say about the outcome of this series as well. The same arguments about mental preparation can be easily flipped around and aimed at the Bruins.

It's like you said, we didn't run away with it in the first 2 games, so why is it so surprising that Boston won a close game 3?

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 11:28 PM
habtastic

JUST le WIN

Old
04-19-2011, 11:35 PM
headliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
It isn't all about what the Habs did or didn't do, the Bruins have a lot to say about the outcome of this series as well. The same arguments about mental preparation can be easily flipped around and aimed at the Bruins.

It's like you said, we didn't run away with it in the first 2 games, so why is it so surprising that Boston won a close game 3?

I don't care how the Bruins are prepared....I care about the Habs. If we had played hard out of the gate, I wouldn't be surprised with a close loss. But we were not prepared. We came out flat....the PP....everything. 3-0 was too much to overcome. We're now 1-27-2 this season when trailing after 2 periods.

When you come home with a hard-earned 2-0 series lead, you simply don't come out for Game 3 like you're playing the Blue Jackets in November.

Old
04-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
I don't care how the Bruins are prepared....I care about the Habs. If we had played hard out of the gate, I wouldn't be surprised with a close loss. But we were not prepared. We came out flat....the PP....everything. 3-0 was too much to overcome. We're now 1-27-2 this season when trailing after 2 periods.

When you come home with a hard-earned 2-0 series lead, you simply don't come out for Game 3 like you're playing the Blue Jackets in November.
Like I said, there are two teams in this series. The Bruins weren't simply going to roll over and let the Habs take a stranglehold on the series. Frankly, I'd be more upset if they played their game to perfection and still got beat.

And 23 of the 30 teams have 5 wins or less when trailing after 2. It's the nature of the game. Hell, the best comeback team in the league didn't make the playoffs.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 11:48 PM
habtastic

Quote:

To be fair, since a lot has been made about the start and while the players acknowledge that the team wasn't acting ready before the game, it's not like they were cocky. These things happen. Hammer doesn't get handcuffed (although I think another D man might not have made the same mistake) with that pass, no goal. Second goal, I dunno what the hell was going on there, more of a weird bounce than anything. Third goal, again was trying to force the rush down 2 goals. I don't think we were abysmal, nor that we should keep whipping them about this loss. They know they can do better, they will do everything in their power to be better, but sometimes strange things happen and it gets coloured in the light of the story, i.e. "weren't prepared". Aside from those unfortunate goals, we weren't god awful. It cost us, but in preparing for the next game, we need to find a way to have a backup system in case something "unlucky" happens and we all know how very possible that is.

In my mind, one of two things is gonna happen:
a) we play the way we did in the 4-1 win.
b) Price has his best game of the series.

Bruins will be good, but we'll be better, somehow. If we don't get the PP going though, I will be seriously disappointed. Please give AK and even Eller some time if it isn't working with the others. They are a whole skill level above the Bruins D and to some extent the guys they play with.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

That's the perfect way to lose.

You don't play the same way versus the Bruins than you would versus Pittsburgh or Washington. So, not caring about the other team will make you very unprepared.
It's like Chess, it's great to want to make your moves, but you will need to do some according to what your opponent does.
We have to look at what Boston did better, and prevent them from doing it again.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 12:30 AM
headliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's the perfect way to lose.

You don't play the same way versus the Bruins than you would versus Pittsburgh or Washington. So, not caring about the other team will make you very unprepared.
It's like Chess, it's great to want to make your moves, but you will need to do some according to what your opponent does.
We have to look at what Boston did better, and prevent them from doing it again.
I didn't say the Habs shouldn't care about the Bruins. I said that I (me, personally) don't care how the Bruins prepare.....I care only about the Habs being ready to play.

Clearly, they weren't.

I can accept a loss.....but not when you stake the other team to a 3-0 lead in such a game. Martin and Price saying the same thing is indicative of the lack of preparation and focus.

We shall see.