HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3 - Kings vs. Sharks - 04/19/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
04-20-2011, 12:51 AM
OK Computer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
amazing how many people are critisizing Murray. This 1 lies heavily on the players collapse more than the coaching staff.

You can't do much from the bench when your team fails to pick up free men in the defensive zone
Oh, please.

2-1 Lead? Crawl into a shell; prevent D.

4-0 Lead? Sloppy, overaggressive, puck-chasing D.

Terry Murray Hockey™

OK Computer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Defgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood93 View Post
1982 the Edmonton Oilers have a major collapse (Blows 5 goal lead to Kings) and lose the series.......1983 the go to the finals, 1984 they win the cup and a dynasty was born.

Keep the faith, keep the faith
Yea but they had Gretzky...

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sigepcsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Penner was bad
Complete lack of focus defensively
Murray is a JOKE for not calling a timeout in the 2nd
That was the WORST coaching job I have ever witnessed in any sport on ANY level. Call the TO, that's what they are for! You call a timeout up 4-0 last game and sit on it this game???
Does he think he gets a bonus if he redeems a TO at the end of the game???? Players play, coaches coach and tonight the players were abandoned by their coach who continued to tolerate crap play.

sigepcsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Where was he going to use it?

The Sharks did not score quick back to back goals until what, 30 seconds left, use it then, that's a waste of a timeout.

Where Murray completely failed is in the intermission of the 2nd/3rd and 3rd/OT

No idea what was said, but whatever it was, either didn't take, or it was the wrong ****ing message. The Kings came out for the 3rd, played ok defensively, but didn't take a single ****ing shot that a 5 year old couldn't stop.

Ok, they survived that, then in OT, they go down, don't take a shot on a guy who hasn't played in a ****ing month, and then give up back checking, complete disgrace.
The 4th goal (made the score 5-4) came with bout 2 minutes left. That would have been a great time to call for a timeout.

This game is a positive if it forces Terry Murray out. That's about the only silver lining I can think of at this point.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
Depressed, Penner sucks.

But Kings CANT be down, need to come back hard Thursday
They're going to be down. This team, all season long, has had the worst mental state in the league. Be it the players themselves or coaching, they have a **** mentality. That's why we've given up 35 goals three minutes after scoring ourselves. They coast. They play lazy. If they go up big at home, they fold until it's tied. If they go down more than one, they're hopeless.

Should be 2-1 and riding high into Thursday with all the momentum. Now we're pretty much dead.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
123slam

I honestly haven't felt this numb in a long, long time.

I still say this series goes to 7 games.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
damacles1156

Another lesson for our Young Kings. You can't take your foot off the gas at all. Look what happened to The Nucks tonight. I think the Nucks are going to win the Cup too. But you just can't give a team that has talent like SJ any hope.

They will bury you, After the second Goal I knew it was over. The Sharks just had that look in their skating. Someday the Kings will develop that.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DAkings20
Kings can't score

TM got bent over tonight by Mclellan, I wonder if Mclellan at least buys him dinner.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Everyone is *****ing for a timeout,

After what goal would you have called the time out? Just curious...
2nd 3rd or 4th goals while we still had the lead

Nose of Sutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 12:52 AM
KoopsKings

How is that cross ice pass on the rush open everytime?? first pavelski in game one and tonight couture had a chance, doug murray had a chance then finally setoguchi.

KoopsKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 12:52 AM
kingdoughty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizer View Post
All they had to do at 4-0 up is play conservative hockey. Be defensive minded, control the flow of play and give the sharks no holes defensively, which would frustrate them and possibly draw penalties.

Basically, just sit back and ride it out for 35 minutes. They couldn't even just sit on a 4-0 lead, and this is a team who's 'defensive system' is supposed to be good. FML, I'm really boggled right now.
actually no. what they needed to do was keep doing what they were doing, instead they lowered the energy and tried to prevent them from scoring rather than bringing it to them

kingdoughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 12:53 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizer View Post
All they had to do at 4-0 up is play conservative hockey. Be defensive minded, control the flow of play and give the sharks no holes defensively, which would frustrate them and possibly draw penalties.

Basically, just sit back and ride it out for 35 minutes. They couldn't even just sit on a 4-0 lead, and this is a team who's 'defensive system' is supposed to be good. FML, I'm really boggled right now.
Exactly.

But when it was 4 on 4 you had Doughty and Matt Greene pinching into the offensive zone. How the hell does that happen?

You had Stoll repeatedly (like usual) trapped as the 3rd man in the zone and Handzus to slow to get back, which is why SJ's defenseman were getting so many shots off the rush. When you have one center who struggles to skate back and another center who gets caught up every other shift it's going to lead to that.

Hate to use the Kopitar excuse, but it's not only his offense we miss. He is also so good defensively.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopsKings View Post
How is that cross ice pass on the rush open everytime?? first pavelski in game one and tonight couture had a chance, doug murray had a chance then finally setoguchi.
this, it happens wayyyyyyy to often.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
I honestly haven't felt this numb in a long, long time.

I still say this series goes to 7 games.
Seriously.

It's like i'm REALLY angry, but then i'm not surprised.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

We should be up 2-1 just like we should've been up 3-1 vs Vancouver last year. Eventually this will get back to you, Terry.

Everyone should remember that were up 2-1 vs Vancouver last year and lost 3 straight. This is a heartbreaking lost, the series is over. Good luck the rest of the way, San Jose

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
compan

as a B's fan, I feel for you guys tonight. I still think the Kings are the better team in this series.

I have always liked the Kings and see them as the west team of the future. I wanna know how you guys feel having drafted the leading scorers in the WHL and OHL. Think either will crack the line-up next year?

compan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
The 4th goal (made the score 5-4) came with bout 2 minutes left. That would have been a great time to call for a timeout.

This game is a positive if it forces Terry Murray out. That's about the only silver lining I can think of at this point.
I don't know, I don't know if I burn the timeout with 2 minutes left in the 2nd, knowing there is 20 minutes left in the 3rd, I think you have confidence that they can survive 2 minutes of a game,

Again, there was no back to back bang bang goals, that's the only reason why McCellan used his time out, it wasn't because there were 2 goals scored.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Youngblood93

Quote:
Everyone is *****ing for a timeout,

After what goal would you have called the time out? Just curious...
2nd goal, that's when the ice began to tilt and the Kings fell off their game

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
penner might be hurt? i'm sure conditioning is a factor but it cant be that bad at this point in the season and his career, can it? he floats around for 20 seconds, does nothing, then skates off for a change. it's like he's afraid to get caught on the ice tired. he and poni should be switched.
If he's hurt or tired, then what the hell is Murray doing putting him out there in OT?

Again, this falls on the coach.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 12:54 AM
bobafettish*

Quote:
I don't know, I don't know if I burn the timeout with 2 minutes left in the 2nd, knowing there is 20 minutes left in the 3rd, I think you have confidence that they can survive 2 minutes of a game,

Again, there was no back to back bang bang goals, that's the only reason why McCellan used his time out, it wasn't because there were 2 goals scored.
uh u do know that timeouts dont carry over lol

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Hate to use the Kopitar excuse, but it's not only his offense we miss. He is also so good defensively.
Its true, on that last goal, Kopitar would have been on the guy with the puck, allowing the D to shift over and the left D to pick up Seto

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

#FireTerryMurray should be a trending topic on Twitter

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
****ing murray, you ****ing clown.

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rizer

The series is by no means 'over', but it is just such an astonishing sight to witness a team get blown away with a 4-0 lead. It would hurt less if the sharks were a great team and they had a tactically brilliant offensive plan which they executed to perfection to steal the win away, but they didn't.

They were pretty sloppy, the goals were a result of sloppy defending and poor man marking on the kings side, nothing more. They were 'gimme' goals that left the goalie either 1v1 with little chance or just hung quick out to dry.

One of them fell right on the stick. Another the sharks player was WIDE open on the left wing, nobody was covering him; cross ice pass and bam.. in the net. Nobody was locking these guys down, nobody was properly defending and preventing chances. A good keeper can only do so much, but when you leave men unmarked and allow cross ice passes like that by having the defenders not block the passing lanes, then what do you expect?

I'd rather lose a game like this to an amazing team so you could at least say you lost to the best, but when you hand the other team the victory because you just... give up apparently after 1.2 periods, then it hurts.

Rizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cruel11
Harley Quinn

Man, it was heartbreaking to see Kopi on the jumbotron.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote