HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3 - Kings vs. Sharks - 04/19/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
04-20-2011, 01:13 AM
ReverseSweep
Kingspiracy.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
I was a Penner supporter through it all.

But tonight was the last f'in straw.

Guy is a disgrace.
I was a quiet supporter but am in agreement. Just waive this guy and move on. Sucks it cost us a 1st rounder but wtfever.

ReverseSweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:13 AM
Orenji

Let's look at the bright side: we could be Phoenix and be down 3-0 against the Wings and more than likely have our team shipped off to Winnipeg.

But we do have Dustin Penner, so it could be even.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:14 AM
SMoneyMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
I was a quiet supporter but am in agreement. Just waive this guy and move on. Sucks it cost us a 1st rounder but wtfever.
I still have hope!

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:14 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
alot of it has to do with higher expectations...
yea.... how many years did then end up in the top-3 of the WC only to bounce in the 1st round?..... hell .489 isn't exactly something to be happy with.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:15 AM
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons

Kings need to forget this and move on to game 4.

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Orenji

Can we all get new playoff avatars with Dustin Penner's face that says "Go away, Penner"

Old
bobafettish*

lol going to the sharks board is like reading this thread in reverse.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
damacles1156

Well at least no one can every say I am bandwagon Fan. Being a Kings fan is hazard to your health.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Well at least no one can every say I am bandwagon Fan. Being a Kings fan is hazard to your health.
this, watching the kings i believe cut five years off my life.

Old
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
Kings need to forget this and move on to game 4.
Forget this game?

This was an epic collapse that will be talked about for years. There's no way in hell you just forget this game.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:18 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
when the **** did this happen. you just made me angrier 10 fold.
He doesn't even know if that happened. Some random on twitter decided to post it.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
penner might be hurt? i'm sure conditioning is a factor but it cant be that bad at this point in the season and his career, can it? he floats around for 20 seconds, does nothing, then skates off for a change. it's like he's afraid to get caught on the ice tired. he and poni should be switched.
Have you seen his new wife?

Im sure that demands a lot of energy.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Can we all get new playoff avatars with Dustin Penner's face that says "Go away, Penner"
haha YES

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Orenji

Kings need a change. Quick has been good, but I would give Bernier a shot. They NEED to change the attitude of this team. Even if Bernier totally sucks, they just have to find some sort of spark like the Sharks found tonight.

They also need a shootout rule in the playoffs. We would be heading towards the sweep right now.

Old
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Id say Stoll's line is our worst defensively of the top 3, so id want it out there aginst the Thornton line which has generated nothing in comparison to the other 2 lines
Just a matter of time before that line would get going against Stoll's line. That line is going to be exploited on defense in this particular series because SJ is so loaded up the middle and no matter who you send out it's a bad matchup for that trio.

I'm still waiting for a valid reason that these guys continue to be stuck together despite the fact they haven't done much offensively since November. And are clearly lost defensively.

I'd like to see Richardson's line kept together and everyone else shuffled a bit.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Kings need a change. Quick has been good, but I would give Bernier a shot. They NEED to change the attitude of this team. Even if Bernier totally sucks, they just have to find some sort of spark like the Sharks found tonight.
No way man. Quick wasn't great tonight but that was because every single time the Sharks were able to create a chance it was so good they couldn't screw it up. It definitely shook Quick up too. But I think we should let him play Thursday and see what he does.

Penner's going to be better next season as he was when he had Kopitar to help him out. But I've got absolutely no time for him whatsoever and what he's done on the ice since Kopi went out has hurt this team more than I ever thought it could.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
It's ****ing absurd..... god damn it. I'm.... just shocked.... puppy:

Old
ReverseSweep
Kingspiracy.

Bet you Scribe can't even figure out what write at the moment. I mean, where the hell do you start?

ReverseSweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:21 AM
Greater Malison
He Knows. You Don't.

Send a message via AIM to Greater Malison
Penner is getting killed here and rightfully so. But this goal was the result of a bad breakout. Right before the change the Kings had possession of the puck behind their own goal line. Johnson dropped the puck for Scuderi who for a 2nd looked to be waiting for someone to come skate in front of him to cause the standard misdirection. Lewis just kinda skated in a circle and Scuderi got pressured by 2 Sharks and just cleared the puck off the glass and turned the puck over. This led directly to the long pass and goal for the Sharks. Ive never seen a team collectively make so many poor decisions with the puck. Veterans to young guys forwards to Dmen top to bottom.

Greater Malison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post

They also need a shootout rule in the playoffs. We would be heading towards the sweep right now.
agreed, we need to give bernier some experience so that this playoffs wasnt a total waste.

Old
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

My take:

I feel sorry for Quick. Few, if any, of those goals were his fault. That fourth goal, I have no idea what LA was doing but that was the worse complete team defensive zone collapse I've seen on that goal. Pylons could have done better.

Penner still looked like crap for the most part, but he at least showed he had a pulse still and he did have a few bursts, like on the 3-0 goal. Hopefully he can build on that.

Terry Murray should have called a timeout. There is a reason we have timeouts in hockey, and if that game wasn't a more than just cause to call one, I don't know what is. To the poster who said "we responded well to the 4-3 goal and scored 15 seconds later, no reason we wouldn't do the same again," sorry, don't buy. We DIDN'T respond well to the 4-3 goal. We got lucky on a brain fart by Wallin who forgot to cover his guy and Stoll threw a blind pass in front of the net that worked. It was a nice goal, but one which 99/100 doesn't go in because the D-man plays the guy going to the net. SJ scored not long after and scored yet again before the period was out. TM needs to remember we are still a very young hockey team playing one of the more veteran teams out there and sometimes that means settling the guys down. Call a time out, tell them to chill out, and then get your best line out there to try and sway the momentum or at least kill some SJ has.

McLellan did that by switching goalies. That was his timeout effectively. And what happened? SJ settled down, relaxed and got back in it. LA needed to be settled down too and it's TM's job to step up and call a timeout.

I think the message TM needs to bring is that this game is over, it's done and we can move on. Even the best teams have bad games. Look at our most impressive playoff moments. The Miracle on Manchester, the Stunner at Staples, the 1989 first round rally, all against some of the best teams of the time and some of the best teams ever. If they can have collapses like that, we certainly can with this young team. We can build off of this, but once again, TM needs to step up.

Also, I'd like to add that while I haven't been on the TM hatin' bandwagon like some, this game makes me want to get on it. I get we aren't a very offensive team, but the dump and chase method is way overused, as is the cycle. You look at the first two goals, what happened? We got the puck and immediately threw it at the net. Traffic's in front, boom it's in. As the game wore on we overused the dump and chase and even when we got the puck we rarely threw it at the net, instead waiting for the perfect play. Remember Smyth standing still behind the Sharks net for what seemed like an eternity in the second period? How many Kings came to the Sharks net? Zero. We need to be putting the puck randomly to the front a little more often, just to not be so predicable.

The players need to take some of the blame for sure, but TM got outcoached badly tonight, and he better change around what he's doing or we will be out of this series in a hurry.

Last edited by kingsfan: 04-20-2011 at 01:28 AM.
kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Tadite

At least we know who's going to be the go to guy for fan hate next season....

Welcome to the Kings Penner.... hope you enjoy the booos.....

Old
04-20-2011, 01:23 AM
MxH0CKEY

I do not get how all the big huge names come to LA and suck it up. You got Roenick, Anson Carter, Dan Cloutier, Ladislav Nagy, and now Dustin Penner. Why can't any of them work? ON a side note, I think Justin Williams is hurting right now, he did not have his usual game.

MxH0CKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:23 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

I picked the sharks in 5 before the series. The last game plus the 1st period tonight had me thinking the kings could possibly pull off the upset. Then they go back to regular season form and their coach stayed in his crappy form.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:24 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
But this happens all the time. And it's been happening since he got here.

He obviously isn't a coach who likes to match lines.
I agree, but it does beg the question. What does he do? He doesn't call a timeout when needed, I didn't see him reading the riot act to his players on the bench which he should have been and he doesn't match lines much. What does he do during the game?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote