HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game 3 - Kings vs. Sharks - 04/19/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
04-20-2011, 01:52 AM
SLang

vCash: 500
Just got back from the game. Someone, anyone, please explain to me what the **** I just witnessed?

Not ready to flick it in and call the series over. If games were only 20 minutes long the Kings would be winning the series. Too bad the games are played in groups of three periods (or more). They can roll over and give up or they can use the experience and fight harder. Either way I'll be there Thursday.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:53 AM
Malice430

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Won a Stanley cup to boot.
a monkey with down-syndrome could have coached that roster to the stanley cup that year

Malice430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DAkings20
Kings can't score

TM won't get fired but someone should buy him some metamucil cause he always has a look on his face like, "damn I gotta take a ****".

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Westy only played 2 minutes. The fourth line played well in Game 2 and Murray abandoned Westgarth tonight. Wonder if maybe he goes back to Moller. Hopefully it would be part of bigger changes. I didn't think Westgarth was that bad, he even had a nice play behind the net.

Lewis only gets 11 minutes, I just don't know what to say. Maybe if we had our best defensive center on the ice for more than 11 god damn minutes we may not have blown a four goal lead!

Handzus gets 20 minutes - Was ok at times, had a goal. But the lack of speed hurts.

Brown - 22 minutes. Looked ok, but no chemistry with that line whatsoever.

Stoll - 19 minutes. I don't know what I'm missing here. I just don't get what everyone sees in this guy. Is he an offensive player? No...Is he a defensive player? No. Every coach has favorites and Stoll is clearly TM's. Been the most overused player from the day he came here.

Penner- 19 minutes. Just awful. Guess now we know why he was traded for Mr. AHL Scratch and a draft pick. DL can't draft in the first round anyways so who cares about the pick. We were better off with Modin last season. Clearly is a passenger (apologies to Patrick Kane) to better players more than a good player on his own.

Smyth- 17 minutes. Played well. Definitely better than his linemates. Obviously Smyth has serious physical limitations but he got the best out of his old body tonight.

Clifford - 13 minutes. Needs to be playing more. Once again another DL second round steal. Can't wait to see how good this guy will be in a couple of years.

Greene - Worst season as a King continues. As someone said in the GDT how many times are you going to get called for the same damn penalty.
I dont know why Westgarth didnt get more icetime. He should have seen at least 5 minutes, since he was actually buzzing around when he was on the ice

The reason Stoll had so much ice time, was because he was on the ice for a TON of defensive zone faceoffs, then immediately changed.

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:55 AM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Westy only played 2 minutes. The fourth line played well in Game 2 and Murray abandoned Westgarth tonight. Wonder if maybe he goes back to Moller. Hopefully it would be part of bigger changes. I didn't think Westgarth was that bad, he even had a nice play behind the net.

Lewis only gets 11 minutes, I just don't know what to say. Maybe if we had our best defensive center on the ice for more than 11 god damn minutes we may not have blown a four goal lead!

Handzus gets 20 minutes - Was ok at times, had a goal. But the lack of speed hurts.

Stoll - 19 minutes. I don't know what I'm missing here. I just don't get what everyone sees in this guy. Is he an offensive player? No...Is he a defensive player? No. Every coach has favorites and Stoll is clearly TM's. Been the most overused player from the day he came here.

Penner- 19 minutes. Just awful. Guess now we know why he was traded for Mr. AHL Scratch and a draft pick. DL can't draft in the first round anyways so who cares about the pick. We were better off with Modin last season. Clearly is a passenger (apologies to Patrick Kane) to better players more than a good player on his own.

Smyth- 17 minutes. Played well. Definitely better than his linemates. Obviously Smyth has serious physical limitations but he got the best out of his old body tonight.

Clifford - 13 minutes. Needs to be playing more. Once again another DL second round steal. Can't wait to see how good this guy will be in a couple of years.

Greene - Worst season as a King continues. As someone said in the GDT how many times are you going to get called for the same damn penalty.
you know things are bad when your wondering if westgarth needed more minutes.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:55 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Besides his assist Stoll was pretty unnoticeable tonight.

Old
04-20-2011, 01:56 AM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice430 View Post
a monkey with down-syndrome could have coached that roster to the stanley cup that year
Even TM could've

Nose of Sutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:57 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Zeus won 1 of 15 faceoffs. Sweet

Old
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
That is the 3rd goal this series where Penner didn't take his man and they scored.

Personally, if you ask me, its Moller time, and Penner gets the pine.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
I dont know why Westgarth didnt get more icetime. He should have seen at least 5 minutes, since he was actually buzzing around when he was on the ice

The reason Stoll had so much ice time, was because he was on the ice for a TON of defensive zone faceoffs, then immediately changed.
If a player is such a hindrance where you don't feel comfortable playing him more then 2 minutes in a game, he shouldn't be dressing. Which is crazy because Westgrarth has been pretty decent recently.

ScoreZeGoals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Orenji

Westgarth is now one of the most liked players on this team.

Something is wrong here.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:58 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Wow Zus got bent over in the circle tonight

Old
Malice430

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmondsSensation View Post
Even TM could've
hmm is murray equal to a monkey with down-syndrome?

Malice430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dogyekcoh*

I am mad, I am hurt and embarrass as a Kings fan.

dogyekcoh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:59 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Zeus won 1 of 15 faceoffs. Sweet
I've never seen a more pathetic effort in the circle then that of the Kings tonight.

ScoreZeGoals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:59 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:

Absolutely bang on. I don't know wtf Richardson was doing on the 2nd Clowe goal, but other than that he had a solid game.

Williams was invisible.

Quick was over committing to a lot of those goals, he should've had a few.

Terry Murray is an idiot with his lines, I still don't understand why he puts Handzus and Penner on the same line, they're both way to slow to be together. We always give up odd man rushes because of their lack of speed. Move Lewis up to that line and put Moller in for Westgarth

Penner-Lewis-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Clifford-Richie-Simmonds
Poni-Handzus-Moller

In all honesty, I would make Penner a healthy scratch to send a message out, let them know there's no ****ing around! We're missing out best player but we should be 3-0 in the series, or 2-1 at the very least.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 02:00 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
They had to get past the Detroit Red Wings. That team only lost 13 games all year. They finished with 131pts.

I dont think a mentally handicapped monkey could pull that off.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bobafettish*

Quote:
hmm is murray equal to a monkey with down-syndrome?
nooo

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Westgarth is now one of the most liked players on this team.

Something is wrong here.
in his own way, Westgarth has stepped it up down the stretch and into the playoffs. Remembering that he is just a 'rookie', I think next year he could actually be a decent 10 point enforcer

Old
04-20-2011, 02:02 AM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Awful awful effin game. Kings couldn't win a face-off to save their lives. Lewis and handZus were complete crap at that tonight. I know it's still got some games to go, but tonight was as demoralizing a loss by te kings since OD went to town on Geoff Courtnall. I'm hoping they can come back and tie the series, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it go the other way at this point. I swear life as a fan of this team is a constant series of steel toed boot to your nuts type emotions.

DoktorJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 02:03 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:

He also played a ton otherwise. 8 minutes more than Lewis. That is ridiculous.

I still have a hard tome understanding how considering the Kings were ahead most of the game that Lewis only gets 11 minutes of icetime. Once again poor coaching by TM and his obsession with leaning on veteran players.

If TM really feels that Handzus and Stoll are better options when protecting a lead then he should be removed as coach of this team because he is officially off his rocker.

Handzus is a former Selke candidate, I realize that. But that was years ago and before an ACL surgery. His speed prevents him from being much of a shutdown player. Stoll is just bad defensively for many different reasons.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Frolov loafing>>>>>>>>>>Penner loafing.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I've never seen a more pathetic effort in the circle then that of the Kings tonight.
Yeah, expect the middle of the lineup to look vastly different next year than this years. Faceoffs have been a problem for quite some time. Even Stoll wasn't good tonight and that's his strength.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 02:04 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post

Quick was over committing to a lot of those goals, he should've had a few.
Like which ones?

the 1st one which was the wide tip in?

the 2nd one which he reacts to the actual pass and sharks get a lucky bounce?

the 3rd one which is a cross ice timer?

the 4th one which i could have scored?

the 5th one which is Pavelski with a clean shot 10 feet out?

or the last 1?

A keeper making any 1 of those 6 saves goes down as straight up robbing the shooter and probably nets you 1 of the saves of the entire playoffs

Old
04-20-2011, 02:04 AM
milkmandan

milkmandan is offline   Reply With Quote