HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

SM-Liiga 2010-11 (rosters, rumours, transactions)

Old
02-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Juzmo
dont google me

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccarelli View Post
LHowever if we get outed in the first round of the play-offs, I dont think the management will replace Kuparinen, Huhtala, Huhtanen and Salonen (?) with big names but rather with guys like Vainiola and Hokkanen, who are both in the rumours by the way. One must also take into account the fact that some of these guys have had a raise in salary when they re-signed. So even with Ässät slightly increasing the budget the team would still "only" be about as strong as the current team.

"The worst case scenario team"

Santavuori - Uusikartano - Armia
Zaborsky - Niemi - Yetman
Savinainen - Hokkanen - Vainiola
Mutanen - Sillanpää - Laaksonen

Not a contender in my opinion.

I can see them going far this season, so this is just some "in case the flop.." speculation.
But with Kuparinen, Huhtala, Huhtanen and Salonen (??) also Määttä will likely leave and if he would stay with a way smaller salary Kudroc might get tossed somewhere like Sweden since there has been rumours about Ässät not being completely pleased with him.

Well hopefully we will keep the second spot in the reg. season, make it to the finals and have even more money to spend, but I would guess even with "only" making it to the bronze-game we could have money for atleast one really good player with maybe a guy like Hokkanen or Vainiola.

Juzmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Juzmo
dont google me

Interested what the roster for tonights game against TPS will do. Zaborsky due to his great play has been brought to the first line from the second and Santavuori for his pretty poor play has been demoted to the fourth line from the first. Though the order of the lines probably is not what they actually are... *cough* Huhtanen-Niemi-Mäkilä. We will see, but atleast we have Järvenpää in goal so a win is expected *knock on wood*.

Zaborsky-Uusikartano-Armia
Uusitalo-Määttä

Huhtanen-Niemi-Mäkilä
Malkamäki-Kudroc

Huhtala-Kuparinen-Savinainen
Caldwell-Mielonen

Santavuori-Sillanpää-Laaksonen

Järvenpää
(Kilpeläinen)

Hopefully the one thing that isn't working atm, the powerplay, will improve in the 5 games left in the regular season.

Last edited by Juzmo: 03-01-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old
03-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Juzmo
dont google me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Santavuori-Sillanpää-Laaksonen
And today the fourth line against Tappara will be:

Santavuori - Sillanpää - Yetman

Holy crap

And that third line... omg

Old
03-03-2011, 02:49 PM
bebl

vCash: 500
Alexander Ruuttu made his sm-liiga deput in jokerit tonight played only 6 minutes and without points.

bebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Emppu

New SM-Liiga scoring record!!! JYP 123 points in 56 games (now 126 in 57) and Teemu Pulkkinen 1st rookie having 31 assists in history

JYP JYP!!

Emppu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 11:48 PM
willfenix

Send a message via AIM to willfenix
Wait...so is it for sure that Huhtala won't be re-signed by Assat? I'm sorry but I have to complain about that. I don't get to watch any of the games, but how can they possibly let him go?? Since he's been back he's been tearing it up (at least it seems that way stat-wise)! 6 points in the past 2 games. At his point pace he would almost be leading the team in scoring if he had played a full season!! For as much crazy depth as the team has right now, this guy seems to be one of the most important players on the team and it seems insane that they would let him go. Maybe there's more to it than meets the eye? But it seems ridiculous to keep a guy like Yetman around yet let Huhtala go. If he hadn't gotten injured I really think this would have been his breakout season. He's going to get signed to some other team and score 25 goals next year. Don't get me wrong, I'm seriously excited for the signings the Aces have made and how great they're going to be for the next couple of years, but I just don't think that Huhtala is "replaceable". They should have bent over backwards to re-sign him. Anyway, sorry for the rant but I always feel like Assat lets these really important blossoming players go. They can get away with it considering how much depth they have right now but I just think he is a crucial piece to the puzzle. Feel free to tell me how stupid I am, but it makes me mad!

willfenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 11:54 PM
willfenix

Also, how has Makila looked overall? Seems like he's done pretty well with his opportunities and it looks like he's being rewarded with some minutes? This team reminds me of the Blackhawks Cup winning team in a way. Just loaded with scoring depth where you have 3 legit scoring lines and a 4th line that can do some damage too. I love that the team is really young and exciting too, a nice contrast to the 05-06 team where they had more experienced role players getting **** done.

Old
03-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Juzmo
dont google me

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfenix View Post
Considering how much depth they have right now but I just think he is a crucial piece to the puzzle. Feel free to tell me how stupid I am, but it makes me mad!
Yeah and the Huhtala-Kuparinen-Savinainen line has been on fire since they also know much about each other as players. There has been only speculation that Huhtala will be going, but yeah it would be cool to have have him continue and would also be a bit sad if he leaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfenix View Post
Also, how has Makila looked overall? Seems like he's done pretty well with his opportunities and it looks like he's being rewarded with some minutes?

I love that the team is really young and exciting too, a nice contrast to the 05-06 team where they had more experienced role players getting **** done.
Well he has been decent considering his minutes and changing from line to line every now and then. Likely will get many more minutes of icetime next year and hopefully he will take a step forward in his development.

Yeah this is a totally different team compared to those goons (+ first line).

As I was finishing this post, Huhtala and Mäkila were on a 2vs1, but Huhtala didn't score.

Btw. Tomas Zaborsky now has 11 goals in his last 12 games (- 1 period)

Last edited by Juzmo: 03-05-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old
03-05-2011, 01:51 PM
willfenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Yeah and the Huhtala-Kuparinen-Savinainen line has been on fire since they also know much about each other as players. There has been only speculation that Huhtala will be going, but yeah it would be cool to have have him continue and would also be a bit sad if he leaves.

Well he has been decent considering his minutes and changing from line to line every now and then. Likely will get many more minutes of icetime next year and hopefully he will take a step forward in his development.

Yeah this is a totally different team compared to those goons (+ first line).

As I was finishing this post, Huhtala and Mäkila were on a 2vs1, but Huhtala didn't score.

Btw. Tomas Zaborsky now has 11 goals in his last 12 games (- 1 period)
Yeah, I really hope they keep him. It just seems like if he can get a full season in he could put up some huge numbers. Can't believe how great Zabo has been too, didn't realize until a couple days ago how many goals he has.

Old
03-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Juzmo
dont google me

Yeah if Huhtala was healthy to keep the Savinainen-Kuparinen-Huhtala line together most of the season he could have easily gotten 40 points in the season.

Fun facts two games before the regular season is over:

- Most "Away"-points by a team in history by Ässät (now 60 points in 29 games)

- Not a single minus-player in the team after Juho Mielonen getting a plus in todays game (only team in SM-liiga ATM)

- Ville Uusitalo leading defencemen in points with 39 the next having 36 (Markus Nordlund)

- Matti Kuparinen in the last 3 games has 2 goals and 6 assists.

- Saipa won HIFK 2-1 at home today and Ässät is now three points ahead of HIFK and needs a minimum of 4 points to make the second position a reality even if HIFK would win its last two games.

- The team can win even with a couple of guys out with the flu and the defenders having a very mediocre night overall (Kudroc's accelaration leads to a goal two games a row, now with hooking a penaltyshot).

Old
03-08-2011, 04:40 AM
Juzmo
dont google me

And Matti Kuparinen is rumored to be a part of team KalPa next season and the season after that.

by Satakunnan Kansa

And if true... well good luck to him with his new adventures. Wasn't exactly that consistent of a 1-2 line center and too expensive to be a third liner and I can understand Kuparinen's decision since likely KalPa offered more money and he needs to think of the future of his family. Eight years is a long time to spend in a team that has mostly struggled.

Last edited by Juzmo: 03-08-2011 at 04:48 AM.
Old
03-10-2011, 07:01 AM
Juzmo
dont google me

Game number 60

Zaborsky - Uusikartano - Yetman
Uusitalo - Määttä

Santavuori - Niemi - Salonen
Malkamäki - Kudroc

Huhtala - Kuparinen - Savinainen
Caldwell - Jyrkkiö

Huhtanen - Sillanpää - Mäkilä

Kilpeläinen
(Järvenpää)

Wuhuu because:

- No changes to the awesome 1st and 3rd lines
- Jyrkkiö back to replace Mielonen
- Salonen straight to the 2nd line
- Santavuori from 4th to 2nd after showing good effort again
- 4th line back to it's old self
- Still have Armia and Mutanen as scratches and a bunch of possibilities with the lines when the playoffs start

Old
03-17-2011, 08:09 AM
NCoRe

Oh i thought this was the porin ässät thread......

NCoRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Juzmo
dont google me

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoRe View Post

Oh i thought this was the porin ässät thread......
Well it's not my fault other people with a different favorite team don't come over here to post things which are going on with them, sorry.

Old
04-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Tapparan Mies

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleKarppa View Post
what players will leave HIFK for next season its hard to keep up with news since i live in scotland im sure Granlund will leave for the wild but thats all i know
Petrell is one player you need to hold onto great night tonight!

Tapparan Mies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 11:16 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapparan Mies View Post
Petrell is one player you need to hold onto great night tonight!
for sure id like to keep petrell. kimmo kuhta, peltonen & haataja and hopefully markus granlund can come to the team and do a decent job

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Tapparan Mies

Blues 1-0 up with 5 mins to go

Old
04-06-2011, 01:53 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
Blues 1-0 up with 5 mins to go
they won 2-0

so its IFK VS Blues final

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Tapparan Mies

And the blues win 2-0 and have a 3-1 series lead.

Hard to see anything other than a HIFK - Blues final now.

Old
04-06-2011, 02:15 PM
thomast

Well my home team is one win away from finals. Not there yet. Jyp can win the series still. If blues makes to the final against IFK it will be wicked. This years IFK-blues games have been really tight and close. Blues as an underhog is an dangerous mix.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Tapparan Mies

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Well my home team is one win away from finals. Not there yet. Jyp can win the series still. If blues makes to the final against IFK it will be wicked. This years IFK-blues games have been really tight and close. Blues as an underhog is an dangerous mix.
I do have a like for IFK but I can't deny that it would be nice to see Blues win their first Ever cup. Really hope there is a stream available for us foreigners to watch.

Old
04-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Jokerit Wasp

Quote:
I do have a like for IFK but I can't deny that it would be nice to see Blues win their first Ever cup. Really hope there is a stream available for us foreigners to watch.
Yeah i wish, but its defo not happening.

Go Blues!

Jokerit Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 04:44 AM
swift

HIFK wins SM-Liiga finals in four games.

Ville Peltonen scored three goals when HIFK won it's first gold in 13 years. The finals ended in four straight games against Espoo Blues.

Link to Eurohockey Article
Here is a youtube video with highlights of HIFK Season 2011.

Congrats to all HIFK fans

swift is offline   Reply With Quote