HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

NHL announces 10-year TV deal with NBC & Versus

Old
04-20-2011, 02:31 AM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

vCash: 500
Looks like I'll be cancelling my gamecenter subscription. Thanks NHL .

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 06:08 AM
gaf
Occupied Territory

I think in the fine print of the agreement- Versus has also agreed to change its name every other year- eventually settling on outdoor life network 9 years from now...
Glad to see there will be games on in my area. Living in Buff you are spoiled w/ CBC coverage- I even think there is a way to get TSN? (not really sure about that- other than some rogue stories)..
While I cant get either- I'll at least be able to see other games..

I wrote to Center Ice and asked if they'd consider carrying more programing like HNIC coverage- not just the games and hockey day in canada- etc. I doubt thats going to happen, but it'd be sweet

gaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 07:45 AM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

It'll at least be nice to hear more discussion about how awesome the pens are during games in which neither team on the ice is the pens. It'll also be nice to be able to focus on replays, awesome VS commentary, and (my favorite) commercials for ATVs and boner pills instead of boring fights.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
It's not really good news for us, as that means the Sabres will have to spend more money to stay competitive, which means more losses.
...which only means Pegula will be drilling more wells. So what?

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 04:30 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaf View Post
I think in the fine print of the agreement- Versus has also agreed to change its name every other year- eventually settling on outdoor life network 9 years from now...
Glad to see there will be games on in my area. Living in Buff you are spoiled w/ CBC coverage- I even think there is a way to get TSN? (not really sure about that- other than some rogue stories)..
While I cant get either- I'll at least be able to see other games..

I wrote to Center Ice and asked if they'd consider carrying more programing like HNIC coverage- not just the games and hockey day in canada- etc. I doubt thats going to happen, but it'd be sweet
I travel a lot........ Versus is virtually unknown as far as hotel cable TV goes. Occasionally, there's access to pay per view CenterIce. But most the time it's either find a sports bar or drag a loaded up laptop with me and get a gamestream via the net.

I gotta research what the best NHL web streaming TV option is before next season..........

Any and all advise is welcomed!! (other than stop travelling..... that's a no brainer)

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote