HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jonathan Quick's Game 3 Performance

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2011, 03:47 AM
two out of three*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Jonathan Quick's Game 3 Performance

If you give up 5 goals in ONE period you are NOT the guy. I know everybody likes to slob on him (Quick), but if Bernier starts the game everybody is walking home a happy Kings fan.

But it's okay. "Quicks the guy."

Why?

"Because he is."

Old
04-20-2011, 03:52 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

We all knew this post was coming, although I didn't exepect a new thread for it.

Old
04-20-2011, 03:59 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Yes cause every goalie is supposed to stop tip ins of their own Dmen's sticks, 2 back door plays and cross ice passes to shots. But yeah, if Bernier was in net we would've won. He would've prevented the D from taking a giant dump and running around in circles

Old
04-20-2011, 04:01 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
We all knew this post was coming, although I didn't exepect a new thread for it.
It's the elephant in the room...nobody wants to talk about it. There's a few things wrong with this team, I am not sure yet to add Goaltending to that list. There's still a few games left to decide that one.

That's the good news, Quick has a couple games left to play and we'll see where we are at then. Tonight was not a great night for Quick whatsoever. I also jotted down some notes on certain players and we'll discuss it in the offseason.

Right now, we'll just have to see if the Kings pull it together or fall apart.

Old
04-20-2011, 04:10 AM
Shellz

If Bernier starts this game, the Kings are walking away happy? LOL.

Yeah and people "slob" when it comes to Quick.

Great start to the thread.

Old
04-20-2011, 04:41 AM
Pucknut50

Two out of Three its o.k. - Sing with me now..... The sun'll come out Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!
Just thinkin' about Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs, And the sorrow'Til there's none!
When I'm stuck a day...That's gray, And lonely,
I just stick out my chin And Grin, And Sayyyyyyyyyyy
Oh, The sun'll come out Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on 'Til tomorrow(Thursday)
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always A day A way!

Old
04-20-2011, 04:49 AM
Ollie Weeks

Roberto Luongo had a great game tonight, eh.

Old
04-20-2011, 04:56 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
It's the elephant in the room...nobody wants to talk about it. There's a few things wrong with this team, I am not sure yet to add Goaltending to that list. There's still a few games left to decide that one.

That's the good news, Quick has a couple games left to play and we'll see where we are at then. Tonight was not a great night for Quick whatsoever. I also jotted down some notes on certain players and we'll discuss it in the offseason.

Right now, we'll just have to see if the Kings pull it together or fall apart.
I meant more the ridiculous, reactionary nature of the post rather than just a goalie discussion. I mean, "if Bernier starts the game everybody is walking home a happy Kings fan?" Come on now, it's not like Quick let in any softies. Bernier's strength is positioning and Quick wasn't out of position on any of these goals or letting shots sqeeze through him. A wide tip (that was basically a one-timer rather than a deflection), some cross-ice one-timers, a deflection off a defenseman's stick, and a shot placed under the crossbar from the middle of the slot below the hashmarks.

I don't think you can really get on Quick for any of these. It would have been great if he could have managed to get one or two of them, but they would have been miracle highlight-reel stretch saves (not including the one off of Mitchell, but Bernier would have been moving to cover the pass too)... the kind of saves that Bernier doesn't make nearly as often as Quick. I guess you could argue that he overplayed the shot, but this team usually isn't giving up cross ice passes like that.

Maybe you're right and it's better saved until the offseason. I don't mind goalie discussions, but I don't actually post about it much, probably because by the time I get in the thread and catch up it's already heated or everything has been gone over anyway.

Last edited by FootKnight: 04-20-2011 at 05:03 AM.
Old
04-20-2011, 05:08 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Who didn't see this thread coming?

Old
04-20-2011, 05:51 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
I meant more the ridiculous, reactionary nature of the post rather than just a goalie discussion. I mean, "if Bernier starts the game everybody is walking home a happy Kings fan?" Come on now, it's not like Quick let in any softies. Bernier's strength is positioning and Quick wasn't out of position on any of these goals or letting shots sqeeze through him. A wide tip (that was basically a one-timer rather than a deflection), some cross-ice one-timers, a deflection off a defenseman's stick, and a shot placed under the crossbar from the middle of the slot below the hashmarks.

I don't think you can really get on Quick for any of these. It would have been great if he could have managed to get one or two of them, but they would have been miracle highlight-reel stretch saves (not including the one off of Mitchell, but Bernier would have been moving to cover the pass too)... the kind of saves that Bernier doesn't make nearly as often as Quick.
I am not going to talk about what Bernier could have done or not done in this game. It isn't appropriate since Bernier is on the bench, its really no use of speculating of what he would have done. All we have to go on, is Quick's performance tonight.

I do disagree with you that none of the 6 goals were not Quick's fault. Watch the 4th goal, and tell me Quick was in perfect position on that one? Can you tell me how he was in perfect position on that goal? You can tell he was rattled at that point. I'd also say rebound control was definitely an issue in this game. The amount of shots allowed in this series is ridiculous. I hope that's all looked at in the video sessions.

Quick was not the sole reason why we lost this game, but he didn't steal it either. We still got a few games left, we'll see what this team is made of.

Old
04-20-2011, 07:14 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
I do disagree with you that none of the 6 goals were not Quick's fault. Watch the 4th goal, and tell me Quick was in perfect position on that one? Can you tell me how he was in perfect position on that goal? You can tell he was rattled at that point. I'd also say rebound control was definitely an issue in this game. The amount of shots allowed in this series is ridiculous. I hope that's all looked at in the video sessions.
I'll have to watch it again, I'm not remembering that one.

Old
04-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
I'll have to watch it again, I'm not remembering that one.
its the 1 where the Kings are running around in circles in the defensive zone, and the puck comes to Boyle 15 feet out for a clear shot, which Quick moves out for, then Boyle makes a backdoor pass to Clowe. Quick was playing the shot since Boyle had a clean shot available to him. Nothing wrong there at all

Old
04-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
If you give up 5 goals in ONE period you are NOT the guy. I know everybody likes to slob on him (Quick), but if Bernier starts the game everybody is walking home a happy Kings fan.

Why?

"Because he is."

Quick IS the guy.

Jack Johnson is NOT.

Old
04-20-2011, 09:45 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Yes, lets crap on the guy coming off a shutout. It's just like thinking a coaching change would solve our current issues and create no new ones, magically making the Kings better in every single way. Or ******** on current players while idolizing prospects, not realizing that just because the prospects haven't shown their flaws to you yet doesn't mean they don't have any. So many people around here are like that and it's such a naive way of thinking. People live in a fantasy land.

"if bernier was a starter this would never have happened"... Really? Mind if I borrow your crystal ball? The stupidity displayed is truly baffling.

Old
04-20-2011, 11:04 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

The whole team had a forgettable game.

Niemi's performance was FAR more odorous than Quick's last night.

Old
04-20-2011, 11:21 AM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post

Why?

"Because he is."
In some peoples eyes, Jon Quick could do no right. No matter how well he plays, some people need to bash. I think you should go back and look at Fukufuji videos and then appreciate what we have. He was a top goalie all year... had some bad games, some mental lapses but had some great games and was tops in all goalie categories for most of the year. I know there are about 20-25 teams that would love to have him.

Bulletin Patrick Roy and Martin Brodeur had bad games also. Get over yourself.

Old
04-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Bandit

God forbid the defense cover those cross ice passes that led to tap ins. Clearly Quick should be able to go post to post and stop those. Not sure why he can't stop his own guys from deflecting the puck past him either. Congratulations, you've started a thread blaming the only guy besides Westgarth whose fault this loss wasn't.

Old
04-20-2011, 11:35 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
God forbid the defense cover those cross ice passes that led to tap ins. Clearly Quick should be able to go post to post and stop those. Not sure why he can't stop his own guys from deflecting the puck past him either. Congratulations, you've started a thread blaming the only guy besides Westgarth whose fault this loss wasn't.
I'm shocked there's no Penner thread. That's the thread I was expecting.

Old
04-20-2011, 11:40 AM
OK Computer

The game that was lost that Bernier would have won us was Game 1... he wouldn't have let in that softie. Can't really complain too much with Quick's G1 performance though, it was just an unfortunate goal.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:04 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniernextroy
I'd also say rebound control was definitely an issue in this game.
How can rebound control be a problem when none of the goals were scored off rebounds?

Old
04-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Defgarden

That loss was not on Quick AT ALL.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:08 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I'm shocked there's no Penner thread. That's the thread I was expecting.
What's there to talk about? If you watch Penner play, there simply is NOTHING to talk about. How can you talk something about a nothing? Trying to discuss Penner is an existential crisis.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:16 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
What's there to talk about? If you watch Penner play, there simply is NOTHING to talk about. How can you talk something about a nothing? Trying to discuss Penner is an existential crisis.
Very true.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:27 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
The defense was atrocious, the more I watch Johnson and Doughty **** up mentally the more I'm convinced a true #1 defensemen needs to be brought in to take away minutes and teach them how to play...defense! These 2 clowns have tons of talent, they have the spin moves, they have the puck handling skills, they can go end to end but they are horrific at playing defense. They stare at the puck like they're playing the beginner league at Anaheim Ice.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:29 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
The defense was atrocious, the more I watch Johnson and Doughty **** up mentally the more I'm convinced a true #1 defensemen needs to be brought in to take away minutes and teach them how to play...defense! These 2 clowns have tons of talent, they have the spin moves, they have the puck handling skills, they can go end to end but they are horrific at playing defense. They stare at the puck like they're playing the beginner league at Anaheim Ice.
Who?

Closed Thread