HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leipold disappointed with Wild

Old
04-20-2011, 08:57 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Some people get what they deserve. He had a good thing here and ruined it. Remember His message to the fans "I would never sell to anyone that wants to move the team". What the hell was Baldsilly wanting to do with the Predators Craig? He had no choice but to sell to local ownership Baldy jumped the gun with his season ticket drive and left egg on Liarpold's face. Good riddance one less Western Conference foe to worry about.
Read: I will never sell to anyone who tells me, to my face and not through actions presented through the media or steps taken in the past, he or she wants to move the team from Nashville.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Some people get what they deserve. He had a good thing here and ruined it. Remember His message to the fans "I would never sell to anyone that wants to move the team". What the hell was Baldsilly wanting to do with the Predators Craig? He had no choice but to sell to local ownership Baldy jumped the gun with his season ticket drive and left egg on Liarpold's face. Good riddance one less Western Conference foe to worry about.
I'd put that more on Balsillie than Leipold. I mean, the guy did swear up and down at first that yeah, he'd be willing to keep the team in town for a few years at least. Leipold was just giving him the benefit of the doubt in exploring the idea, and usually I admire that.

I equally admire his sworn statement in the Phoenix bankruptcy court, as well. That brief review period did its job - it revealed Balsillie to be a lying *******.

I don't see any reason to be bitter towards Leipold. Trust me when I say that y'all could have had much, much worse to start out.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 03:12 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I'd put that more on Balsillie than Leipold. I mean, the guy did swear up and down at first that yeah, he'd be willing to keep the team in town for a few years at least. Leipold was just giving him the benefit of the doubt in exploring the idea, and usually I admire that.

I equally admire his sworn statement in the Phoenix bankruptcy court, as well. That brief review period did its job - it revealed Balsillie to be a lying *******.

I don't see any reason to be bitter towards Leipold. Trust me when I say that y'all could have had much, much worse to start out.

the bolded phrase has been proven to be false by future events.

Craig wanted to dump the Preds to anyone, anyhow, as quickly as possible before someone else bought the Wild. Keeping the team here was only a priority if it made the sale happen quicker.

If he said he believed Balls, it was only in hopes that the NHL would believe it too and approve the sale.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 03:32 PM
dulzhok

I like Leipold fine. Not only did he bring the team here, but he was also on the front lines of negotiating the new CBA for small market teams like Nashville, which is helping us tremendously today.

If you read his statement about Basillie, he says Basillie was not forthcoming in his plans in moving the team and was one of the reasons why he was against Balsille becoming an owner in the NHL.

Only problem I had with him was forcing the trade of Vokoun, then buying a competitor. Timonen & Hartnell were gone as UFAs, regardless of ownership.

It worked out in the end for Nashville, so it's all a bunch to do about nothing right now.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 03:44 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I like Leipold fine. Not only did he bring the team here, but he was also on the front lines of negotiating the new CBA for small market teams like Nashville, which is helping us tremendously today.

If you read his statement about Basillie, he says Basillie was not forthcoming in his plans in moving the team and was one of the reasons why he was against Balsille becoming an owner in the NHL.

Only problem I had with him was forcing the trade of Vokoun, then buying a competitor. Timonen & Hartnell were gone as UFAs, regardless of ownership.

It worked out in the end for Nashville, so it's all a bunch to do about nothing right now.
According to Poile and Hartnell, they were talking contract when the edict came down from Leipold, actually.

Timonen was gone though, I'd agree with that.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 03:58 PM
PredsMan

I find it pretty humorous that he cried poor when he was here, went to Minny, a franchise flush with cash, and now he's crying poor up there.

PredsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Nitrous Mafia

He fell into the category of he-who-must-not-be-named, along with our little Russian friend.

Let us never speak of them again.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 10:37 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsMan View Post
I find it pretty humorous that he cried poor when he was here, went to Minny, a franchise flush with cash, and now he's crying poor up there.
He is the anti-Midas!

adsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:19 AM
KillerKampfer*

Guys a joke. Haha you spoiled trust fund baby who hasn't earned a cent of your money. I am glad you have drove that franchise into the ground. Minny fans deserve a better team than that with a silly name, I would like to see the Wild move somewhere like Hamilton or K/W and then Minny get someone like Florida or Atlanta a year or two later.

The contracts on the Wild apart from Burns and Havlat who are the only guys who don't suck IMO are laughable. Everyone else on that team is overpaid by over a mil per year. Enjoy the bad Koivu at 6.9 you fools!

Also Havlat only tries every other year. He had a good season this one so he is going to suck big time next year and the Wild won't have a shot at the playoffs.

Nashville has more loyal fans than Chicago did before Wurtz died. It bothers me to see the Preds fans compared to teams like the Panthers, Coyotes, and Thrashers. I'd compare the Predators culturally in Nashville to the Flames or Oilers just everyone in the city didn't grow up on skates like they do in Alberta.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote