HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chat today

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2011, 01:05 PM
  #76
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,432
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 409 View Post
In that case.

Jeff Carter
Zach Parise
Ryan Getzlaf
Ryan Kesler
Mike Richards
Corey Perry
Duncan Keith
Anze Kopitar
Paul Stastny
Phil Kessel
Claude Giroux(To be determined)
Jeff Skinner
Michael Grabner
You've listed 12 players out of a pool of thousands. Even great drafting does not guarantee the selection of stars, especially outside the very top of drafts.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:25 PM
  #77
Section 409
FANATIC
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
You've listed 12 players out of a pool of thousands. Even great drafting does not guarantee the selection of stars, especially outside the very top of drafts.
I also omitted a large number of players, and replied to a post which said you don't find top talent outside the top four. So, what exactly are you saying? Trade assets for Nash? Sign Richards?

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:30 PM
  #78
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin
 
Darrelle Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Nash would cost an arm and a leg.

Think Anisimov, Krieder, and Del Zotto for starters. Not to mention we probably couldnt fit a much needed center under the cap.
Columbus would never trade Nash, he has been the heart and soul of their franchise as long as they've been around and we would have too give up too much.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:31 PM
  #79
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 409 View Post
I also omitted a large number of players, and replied to a post which said you don't find top talent outside the top four. So, what exactly are you saying? Trade assets for Nash? Sign Richards?
Hes saying what a lot of people are thinking.

That it seems like a safer bet to acquire an actual star player, than refusing to tank and pinning your hopes on lottery ticket draft picks.

And I stress the phrase ACTUAL STAR PLAYER, which is what guys like Richards and Nash are....which guys like Drury, Gomez, and Redden aren't/never were.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:34 PM
  #80
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Hes saying what a lot of people are thinking.

That it seems like a safer bet to acquire an actual star player, than refusing to tank and pinning your hopes on lottery ticket draft picks.

And I stress the phrase ACTUAL STAR PLAYER, which is what guys like Richards and Nash are....which guys like Drury, Gomez, and Redden aren't/never were.
I like this. I don't think it's necessarily a safer bet since age becomes a factor but people look at UFA and don't think we should grab integral pieces there.

Sign a guy like Richards for Drury's contract and that's a very smart move that probably makes a much better team sooner, especially with Jagr, and in the future Gaborik.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:36 PM
  #81
Section 409
FANATIC
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Hes saying what a lot of people are thinking.

That it seems like a safer bet to acquire an actual star player, than refusing to tank and pinning your hopes on lottery ticket draft picks.

And I stress the phrase ACTUAL STAR PLAYER, which is what guys like Richards and Nash are....which guys like Drury, Gomez, and Redden aren't/never were.
If you can sign Richards for five years or less to a reasonable term, I am fine with that.

Nash is a $7.8 cap it, and has only gotten 4+goals twice, with 70+ points once. Plus, haveing to trade assets for him is just crazy. Really, that's what I am replying to.

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:39 PM
  #82
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 409 View Post
If you can sign Richards for five years or less to a reasonable term, I am fine with that.

Nash is a $7.8 cap it, and has only gotten 4+goals twice, with 70+ points once. Plus, haveing to trade assets for him is just crazy. Really, that's what I am replying to.
Nash also plays on the CBJ, a team where he doesn't get much support.

I agree with the cap hit, but if he had a cheaper hit and we could trade for him i'd be all for it. Especially if we could afford Richards afterwards.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:42 PM
  #83
Section 409
FANATIC
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Nash also plays on the CBJ, a team where he doesn't get much support.

I agree with the cap hit, but if he had a cheaper hit and we could trade for him i'd be all for it. Especially if we could afford Richards afterwards.
Players who make money like that have to create on their own consistently. Nash is just not worth his salary.

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:44 PM
  #84
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 409 View Post
Players who make money like that have to create on their own consistently. Nash is just not worth his salary.
I'm agreeing with you there, 7.8 is ridiculous, but Nash is a great player and if it was a 7 million hit i'd be all over it. I'd be more interested in signing him as a UFA and hoping he realizes 7.8 is nuts, but I doubt he leaves CBJ myself.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:47 PM
  #85
Section 409
FANATIC
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I'm agreeing with you there, 7.8 is ridiculous, but Nash is a great player and if it was a 7 million hit i'd be all over it. I'd be more interested in signing him as a UFA and hoping he realizes 7.8 is nuts, but I doubt he leaves CBJ myself.
I agree with that, Nash is an excellent player, and for around seven, more likely 6.5, I'd be on that too.

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:50 PM
  #86
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Agree with everything being said - Im not enamored with giving up assets and assuming Nash's massive cap hit....but if we strike out on Richards, something needs to be done.

I wouldnt be in such a rush to make a splash if Lundqvist was 24 and not 29.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:53 PM
  #87
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Agree with everything being said - Im not enamored with giving up assets and assuming Nash's massive cap hit....but if we strike out on Richards, something needs to be done.

I wouldnt be in such a rush to make a splash is Lundqvist was 24 and not 29.
Yeah, this is why i'm more interested in starting to give up assets. Hank is the best in the NHL, imo, and to have a goalie like that on a team like this, WITH a real top line, we could win a cup.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 02:21 PM
  #88
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Also, didn't Columbus just draft Ryan Johansen with the 4th pick in the draft last year? I would presume they got him to center Nash. Why trade Nash away when you just drafted the missing piece to his puzzle? People have said that he could do alot more if he had an actual #1C on his line....
...and if we got him, the problem remains the same. Great point. Gaborik+Nash doesn't solve a #1 C problem.

If we're looking to move assets, I sign Richards and look to trade for Weber (if he's available, all speculation at this point). He makes our d-corps and PP absolutely nasty.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 02:32 PM
  #89
PawelW007
Registered User
 
PawelW007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
I don't get why everyone wants to build this team around one player? We need skill guys, but gritty skill guys.

If I asked most people who is the best player on the Rangers, the answer SHOULD be Henrik Lundqvist.
Why build around a guy who has health issues and is streaky when we can build around our goaltender. Get a high skilled D-man who can shoot from the point.

PawelW007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 02:44 PM
  #90
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawelW007 View Post
I don't get why everyone wants to build this team around one player? We need skill guys, but gritty skill guys.

If I asked most people who is the best player on the Rangers, the answer SHOULD be Henrik Lundqvist.
Why build around a guy who has health issues and is streaky when we can build around our goaltender. Get a high skilled D-man who can shoot from the point.
*cough* Weber *cough*

I would trade anyone barring Hank, Staal, Cally, or Dubi.

Girardi, Kreider, anyone else is on the table.

If we were to add Weber and Richards this offseason it would be officially Cup or bust.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 02:45 PM
  #91
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,700
vCash: 500
I don't see us adding Weber, though i'd love to.

And TBH I think building the offense IS building around Hank, because our defense has been fine this year, it's our inability to have a consistent offense that sucks.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 02:56 PM
  #92
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
How is Nash better? Richards outscores him nearly every year, is better defensively, and more experienced. I really don't understand the Nash love fest. He's a player who has the abilities to be scoring more than he is, but isn't. You can blame linemates and whatnot, but he takes shifts off constantly, coasts, and is very inconsistent. He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but on a ludicrous contract, and seems to get more love than he actually deserves.

And if everyone calls Kovalchuk a perennial loser, than what is Nash? 0 playoff wins in 8(?) years of the NHL?
well the biggest difference imo is that richards (or another center) as a playmaker will hopefully make gaborik better...nash might score 40 to richard's 30 but if BR also turns gaborik back into a 40g guy then we've now got 2 elite guys and a #1 line with adding 1 guy. i'm not sure nash makes gaborik better

CM PUNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 02:59 PM
  #93
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
How is Nash better? Richards outscores him nearly every year, is better defensively, and more experienced. I really don't understand the Nash love fest. He's a player who has the abilities to be scoring more than he is, but isn't. You can blame linemates and whatnot, but he takes shifts off constantly, coasts, and is very inconsistent. He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but on a ludicrous contract, and seems to get more love than he actually deserves.

And if everyone calls Kovalchuk a perennial loser, than what is Nash? 0 playoff wins in 8(?) years of the NHL?
Nash is on one of the worst teams in the NHL. he gets paid 7.8 million because they need a face to the franchise to draw seats and that's what he is.

I wouldn't say Nash is better than Richards but i'm just saying I think he's better than what you're saying.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 02:59 PM
  #94
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
*cough* Weber *cough*

I would trade anyone barring Hank, Staal, Cally, or Dubi.

Girardi, Kreider, anyone else is on the table.

If we were to add Weber and Richards this offseason it would be officially Cup or bust.
nashville wil never move weber but this would make my pants tight

CM PUNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 03:07 PM
  #95
Revelation
Reanimated
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
nashville wil never move weber but this would make my pants tight
Going camping?

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 03:09 PM
  #96
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 409 View Post
If you can sign Richards for five years or less to a reasonable term, I am fine with that.

Nash is a $7.8 cap it, and has only gotten 4+goals twice, with 70+ points once. Plus, haveing to trade assets for him is just crazy. Really, that's what I am replying to.
Id trade the moon and then some for him anyway, he is just that talented.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 03:21 PM
  #97
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Id trade the moon and then some for him anyway, he is just that talented.
Addition coupled with significant subtraction, doesn't make us that much better of an organization, does it?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 03:24 PM
  #98
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Nash is on one of the worst teams in the NHL. he gets paid 7.8 million because they need a face to the franchise to draw seats and that's what he is.

I wouldn't say Nash is better than Richards but i'm just saying I think he's better than what you're saying.
As an all around player, I'd take Nash over Richards any day every day.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 03:33 PM
  #99
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,432
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
As an all around player, I'd take Nash over Richards any day every day.
Depends on the term you're comparing. For just next season, I take Richards over Nash without a second hesitation. Richards has a much bigger impact on making those around him better. For longer terms, I think it's a closer issue due to the age difference.

Rick Nash has played 4 playoff games and lost all four. Yes, he is stuck in Columbus, but it needs to be kept in consideration.

Richards has a Conn Smythe and a Stanley Cup. In fact, Richards has more assists (5) and points (9) in a Stanley Cup Finals series than Nash has playoff games played (4).

Richards is an elite player both in the playoffs and regular season. Nash remains an unproven playoff player.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 03:36 PM
  #100
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,360
vCash: 500
Yeah, but you have to look at who is surrounding the player and the talent level(s). Nash has never had anything close to the support that Richards had in Tampa or in Dallas.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.