HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are the Rangers targeting Mike Green's head?

Old
04-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Staals Eye
What me worry?

vCash: 500
I can't believe what i'm reading in here. All the people that think they should or hope they are targeting Green's head, all I can say is Karma is a *****. You should NEVER root or want any one to get a head injury. You should be ashamed of yourselves. This is the problem with the world these days, desensitization.

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Are the Rangers Head-Hunting Green?

video here:
http://www.skateskateshoot.com/2011/...ing-green.html
The only one of those hits that's even borderline is the Staal hit because it's an elbow to the head. Green sure is good at acting the victim to draw calls, holding his head after each clean body check. I bet he'd be all world in Soccer.

Rangers_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 12:02 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Then do not ***** if a Ranger gets smashed in the head and sustains a concussion. Don't know if you were around for the end of Beuk's career, but I guess you would have been okay with what happened that night. I wasn't.
It's one thing to sucker punch a guy from behind the way Matt Johnson ended Beuk's career.

I do not condone punching someone in the back of the head.

I do fully endorse punching someone in the face, or if the opportunity presents itself, putting a shoulder to an opposing players face/head as long as it's legal.

I've been around the game for the last 30+ years and targeting a player because you knew he was hurt, regardless of the injury, was part of every teams game plan, moreso if that player was a significant part of the opposing teams strategy.

this whole "sportsmanship" that we have going on today is pathetic.

I do not, nor will I ever condone blatant acts of dis-respect. Matt on Beuk, Cooke on McD. however, if I were playing, I would look to engage Green in a fight so that I could rattle that pea brain of his and knock him out of the series.

If that meant the end of his career as well, sorry about his damn luck.

But that's me.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 12:07 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
It's one thing to sucker punch a guy from behind the way Matt Johnson ended Beuk's career.

I do not condone punching someone in the back of the head.

I do fully endorse punching someone in the face, or if the opportunity presents itself, putting a shoulder to an opposing players face/head as long as it's legal.

I've been around the game for the last 30+ years and targeting a player because you knew he was hurt, regardless of the injury, was part of every teams game plan, moreso if that player was a significant part of the opposing teams strategy.

this whole "sportsmanship" that we have going on today is pathetic.

I do not, nor will I ever condone blatant acts of dis-respect. Matt on Beuk, Cooke on McD. however, if I were playing, I would look to engage Green in a fight so that I could rattle that pea brain of his and knock him out of the series.

If that meant the end of his career as well, sorry about his damn luck.

But that's me.
Fine, but again, you forfeit the right to complain if an opposing player ends Lundqvist's career.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 12:11 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Fine, but again, you forfeit the right to complain if an opposing player ends Lundqvist's career.
Part of the game if it's clean.

So, using Hank as your example is off because hitting goalies is illegal.

Gaborik? Callahan? Stepan?

Such is life

Old
04-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Just hoping the refs looks at AO's MANY "boarderline hits" and cross checks to our guys necks and lower backs..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 12:39 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
anyone else catch Ovechkin at the beginning of this clip? what is he taking lessons from Cristiano Ronaldo?
I think he splashed the Caps bench...and in the ultimate irony his lowest score as from the Russian judge

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 12:47 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
If you can end the career of someone who has the potential to do damage to your team for the next 10 years, you have to take the opportunity, even if it costs you a 50 game suspension.

There is no room in hockey for compassion.

Now, you do have to take into account the cost/benefit of your opponent. Mike Green is borderline worth it. But if it was Crosby or Ovechkin, how can you resist?
Maybe you should become a fan of the Pens....they seem to endorse your approach as a team philosophy

Old
04-20-2011, 12:50 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers_23 View Post
Completely different situation. Beuk's career ended due to a senseless act of goonery, not a clean hit.

Green should keep his head up and watch for incoming hits. Boudreau should eat a snack and stop whining.
The poster that Chosen was responding too was saying yo should hit Green in the head...there is no legal hit to the head

Old
04-20-2011, 12:51 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Are the Rangers Head-Hunting Green?

video here:
http://www.skateskateshoot.com/2011/...ing-green.html
I didn't realize Mike Green's head was in his shoulder. They should get a scientific study team to analyze him, that's pretty neat.

04-20-2011, 01:14 PM
TreeSapLlama

I have a sort of hypocritical approach. I don't like hit's that target the head specifically, because it can really impact a personals mental well being and life expectancy. I wouldn't want to see anyone's life impacted like that well after their hockey career.

That having been said, if a player is injured or soft, you hit him everytime you can, as hard as you can. Every hit in that video except the Staal hit had no contact at all with his head. If Mike Green has dizziness or anything from those hits, then it is Washington putting him in a dangerous place.

I see no problem targetting a player who might have a bum shoulder or sore groun with LEGAL hits. I wouldn't ever advocate a Bobby Clarke.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:51 PM
eco's bones

Because this guy has come back from a concussion injury means we should lay off hitting him? The Boyle hit?--The Dubinsky hit?--Avery kind of missed--Prust got sandwiched between him and another Cap. Anything abnormal about any of those hits? Green seems to be falling into Staal's path before that last hit occurs. His head is dropping towards Staal's forearm. If he's so fragile right now he should not be on the ice and if that is the case then the Caps coaching and management staff will be partly to blame for any injury that occurs if he's not fit to play.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:58 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Because this guy has come back from a concussion injury means we should lay off hitting him? The Boyle hit?--The Dubinsky hit?--Avery kind of missed--Prust got sandwiched between him and another Cap. Anything abnormal about any of those hits? Green seems to be falling into Staal's path before that last hit occurs. His head is dropping towards Staal's forearm. If he's so fragile right now he should not be on the ice and if that is the case then the Caps coaching and management staff will be partly to blame for any injury that occurs if he's not fit to play.
Nobody has said that they shouldn't be physical with him some of us were opposed to those who wanted to deliberately target his head.

Old
04-20-2011, 03:25 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Part of the game if it's clean.

So, using Hank as your example is off because hitting goalies is illegal.

Gaborik? Callahan? Stepan?

Such is life
Please give scenario where going after a player's head can be clean.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 03:51 PM
EEDAWGZ

when its down, and your shoulder hits it

****** Mike green

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 07:48 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Please give scenario where going after a player's head can be clean.
A clean shoulder hit (if it hits the head) is clean.

A good example is the Torres hit on Seabrook the other noght.

Had Seabrook touched that puck, there's no penalty, but because Torres made no attempt at the puck and Seabrook didn't touch it, he got a 2 minute minor.

Clean and Legal hit. The puck not being played is what made that a penalty.

Green plays defence, the same could happen to him (crosses fingers in hope)