HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Voracek

Old
04-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
Those Philly picks are going to be real late, we don't want to move a roster player for more picks and a depth player, needs to be someone with substance. Umberger would require overpayment, like Kulemin, which isn't going to happen so it's not worth discussing further. Jake to TO would be tough since they don't have the pieces we need (unless you want to take Huselius, Commodore and Jake for Phanuef)
Kulemin, IMO, would not be enough for RJ straight up. He's got only one year of badass to RJ's four, doesn't appear able to play center, and is a total playoff unknown. It'd be a lateral move at best. (Not that I wouldn't like to have Kulemin over here, but I know who not to ask for. )

And since Kaberle was traded, Phaneuf is going nowhere unless he regresses even more and thus becomes thoroughly unpalatable to us. Alas.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Fans can't pretend to know if he's not a good fit or simply developing slow.
Are you new here?

Old
04-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Coluejack

So Jake was told to bulk up and he did, in a big way.. So much so that it seemed like he lost a step, and unrelated, seemed to forget how to bury empty net chances while being slightly off-balance..

He's off working on his game with Brassard's summer trainer, and you have to think the focus is going to be on his speed game, and hopefully a whole hell of a lot of shooting off the pass. Why not give the kid an opportunity to prove himself after making more requested changes, instead of dealing him for first round picks (from a suggestively terrible draft) + mid range players?

This team has more than enough assets beyond a potential first line winger to deal for the defensemen they need.

Coluejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 04:41 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

If trade Jakub, so only for an excelent d-man or g-man. No for draft picks or average players.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:55 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
If trade Jakub, so only for an excelent d-man or g-man. No for draft picks or average players.
Good luck with that.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coluejack View Post
So Jake was told to bulk up and he did, in a big way.. So much so that it seemed like he lost a step, and unrelated, seemed to forget how to bury empty net chances while being slightly off-balance..

He's off working on his game with Brassard's summer trainer, and you have to think the focus is going to be on his speed game, and hopefully a whole hell of a lot of shooting off the pass. Why not give the kid an opportunity to prove himself after making more requested changes, instead of dealing him for first round picks (from a suggestively terrible draft) + mid range players?

This team has more than enough assets beyond a potential first line winger to deal for the defensemen they need.
I don't think he was instructed to drink chocolate milk shakes (or whatever ) and eat 3 meals a day at What-a-Burger....

Jake is a young guy that simply needs to grow up a little and commit to the NHL game. He's a potential PPG player in Phil Mickelson's body

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 01:47 AM
Quezzle E

From the trade rumors thread this is kind of being tossed around, what do you guys think?

Krecji

for

Voracek +

there's also seidenberg, filatov, picks flying around there too and some packages are getting pretty big, partly my fault. Anyways what are the thoughts here?

Quezzle E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:30 AM
Doug19

No thanks. I'm all for trading Voracek for an upgrade, but Krejci isn't the guy I'd be targeting. If he was our only option as a center I'd rather just try to get a defender for Jake. I just have a hard time wanting to trade Voracek for a smaller forward. I'd like to keep the size because we are already pretty small at the forward positions.

Doug19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:49 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
No thanks. I'm all for trading Voracek for an upgrade, but Krejci isn't the guy I'd be targeting. If he was our only option as a center I'd rather just try to get a defender for Jake. I just have a hard time wanting to trade Voracek for a smaller forward. I'd like to keep the size because we are already pretty small at the forward positions.
I can only agree

Old
04-19-2011, 04:50 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quezzle E View Post
From the trade rumors thread this is kind of being tossed around, what do you guys think?

Krecji

for

Voracek +

there's also seidenberg, filatov, picks flying around there too and some packages are getting pretty big, partly my fault. Anyways what are the thoughts here?
I could live with something focused around those two. I would think Voracek might be moved for a defender first but the expanded deal seems to fit both teams.

columbus has a lot of changes to make on the back end trading three chips in one deal would gave to net something good and Krejci and Seidenberg isn't a bad return. maybe we could add Coburn for a pick or prospect at the draft too. then sign one free agent (Bieksa?) and we have a new defense. there are moves to be made...

Old
04-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Tikhonov

I seriously think your guys' team should take a run at Bogosian.

Although the Thrashers' faithful may not have been impressed with him this season, he would bolster that D corps right up, as well as adding a bit of offense on the side if Bogo gets his head together.

I think Voracek (+maybe a pick?) would do justice..

thoughts?

Tikhonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 09:00 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikhonov View Post

Although the Thrashers' faithful may not have been impressed with him this season, he would bolster that D corps right up, as well as adding a bit of offense on the side if Bogo gets his head together.

thoughts?
Bogo is one of the few d-men from whom I am willing to trade Kubo.

Old
04-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikhonov View Post

thoughts?
Once again a question mark & potential. If we are trading one of our big time chips it should be for big time return in the sense of roster ready. Maybe not as much upside, but whoever we bring in it's gotta be for NOW. Otherwise just keep Jake, potential we've got in Springfield.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 02:48 PM
GrimReeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Once again a question mark & potential. If we are trading one of our big time chips it should be for big time return in the sense of roster ready. Maybe not as much upside, but whoever we bring in it's gotta be for NOW. Otherwise just keep Jake, potential we've got in Springfield.
I didn't recognize that Jake was such a "big chip".

My Proposal would be something like:

Jake+2011 1st+Savard = Jeff Carter/Daniel Briere (Perferably Briere IMO.)

GrimReeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReeper View Post

Certainly one of the better assets we have.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:

Why Briere?

I'd rather have Carter due to his age. I also think he'd be a good fit in the Jackets' system. Although either would be welcomed in Columbus, as much as I can't stand either of them.. haha

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:

Certainly not for Briere. I'm not saying the value isn't worth it for Carter but I still think you need to address the defense first. If we're trading our two biggest chips in one deal I think it needs to be for a top pair proven dman. Just my opinion though. At least Carter is signed for 40 years or somethign like that at a reasonable rate.

Old
04-21-2011, 07:47 AM
GrimReeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
Why Briere?

I'd rather have Carter due to his age. I also think he'd be a good fit in the Jackets' system. Although either would be welcomed in Columbus, as much as I can't stand either of them.. haha
Partly due to current contracts. Carter has put up a ton of points but is known to float, score empty net goals, and take games off. His shot is maybe the quickest in the league but he's kind of a one trick pony with his wrist shot. After all of that rant - he is still a legit number 1 that adds a ton of scoring depth to our roster.

Why Briere? His contract is certainly not as long as Carter's (another decade for Carter). His play compliments the CBJ needs more. Briere is a very skillful player (despite his size and stereotypes, he plays good defense) who can distribute the puck as good as anyone in the league. He's the type of guy that would increase our puck posession on that top line 3 fold. In addition to that, he would be the best addition to our Power Play besides a top tier PPQB. A top line of Nash-Briere-Huselius is actually IMO a very dangerous line. More so than Nash-Carter-Huselius IMO.

On top of all that cake is - Briere was a former Captain! haha. In all reality though Carter is known to be a party guy while Briere is another good model for the younger guys to learn from and replace him (ala Johan and even Brassard (another french Canadian))

Old
04-21-2011, 10:11 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

We must think whether it is the most important to get g-man, d-man or forward. We have not enough players to get all...

I prefer d-man not a center. See Nashville and their team, they have an excelent g-man + d-men and they are the team which plays in PO practically every year. Carter is not solution without a good defense and a good g-man. Maybe Mason will find yourself but we need minimum a good 2th goalman and one defensman.

So, my idea:

Kubo, Methot + 1st for Ryan Suter/Brett Burns

but I would more happy if we would keep him.

Last edited by mt-svk: 04-21-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old
04-21-2011, 12:08 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I prefer d-man not a center. See Nashville and their team, they have an excelent g-man + d-men and they are the team which plays in PO practically every year.
I tend to prefer D over center as well. However we are fairly week up the middle compared to most of our competition. It's not something we can ignore, unless we're just going to wait on Brass and Johansen on a hope and a prayer. Plus good centers are far more rare.

However, the priority probably should be from the goal tending out. On top of being a good method of building your team, it also fits how this team is built right now. We are stronger at the forward position.

Old
04-21-2011, 12:10 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
Why Briere?
But "I mainly play in one zone" Briere is awesome.

Old
04-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Nordique

I think Briere has an NMC.

Nordique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:52 PM
GrimReeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
He does. But Philly has 4 top line centers (Richards, Briere, Carter, Giroux). I think it would be easier for us to aquire Briere than Carter. Mason could potentially replace Voracek in that offer considering their Goalie situation.

I just think that a Roster player + 1st Round Pick + Prospect gets one of those guys giving Philly's situation.

And we all know that our proposals NEVER happen - so I wish I didn't post this and decrease the odds

Old
04-21-2011, 02:00 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Yeah, that NMC kicks in in the neutral zone on his way back to the defensive zone.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Yeah, that NMC kicks in in the neutral zone on his way back to the defensive zone.
Sounds like he's a perfect fit here then.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote