HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Off Season Talk Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2011, 07:34 PM
  #1
Rangers44*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 993
vCash: 500
Off Season Talk Thread

if Feds keeps up making plays like that we won't be able to afford him next season.

He probably won't settle for a one year contract either.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 07:45 PM
  #2
Elvis Presley
Aka #30
 
Elvis Presley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
I've liked his play all year. I am not against an extension... 1.5 per for 2 yr?

Elvis Presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 10:34 PM
  #3
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers
 
Hanke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,145
vCash: 500
Official New York Ranger 2011 off-season FA & Trade Thread

Definitely did not make this thread because we lost the game... But I don't see a thread for the off-season to discuss trades or FA, and stuff like that... Or I'm just blind..

Please do not assume I made this thread because of the loss and the other thread I made, I was going to post this earlier but I didn't have the time to..

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 10:35 PM
  #4
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Last I checked we haven't been eliminated from the playoffs. I'll only be concerned with this when that happens.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 10:35 PM
  #5
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,828
vCash: 500
Lundqvist asks for a trade.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 10:36 PM
  #6
TrollololBoyle
Registered User
 
TrollololBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
I want Tanguay... Great speed, passing and shot when he uses it.

Pitkanen too.

This is all if we don't land Richards.

I really really hope boogaard and drury are gone

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 10:36 PM
  #7
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers
 
Hanke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Last I checked we haven't been eliminated from the playoffs. I'll only be concerned with this when that happens.
Sorry guys but I love the off-season.. Just something to think about and if you have a idea or a FA you want you can talk about it even if playoffs is on...

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 10:39 PM
  #8
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Believe me so do I. I'm just not going to worry about it till we're actually out

I'll help with the conversation just for the hell of it. Go for Richards and Markov if he comes cheap. This team needs high end talent, just need a couple more pieces to make us into contenders.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 10:39 PM
  #9
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresthebeef View Post
Definitely did not make this thread because we lost the game... But I don't see a thread for the off-season to discuss trades or FA, and stuff like that... Or I'm just blind..

Please do not assume I made this thread because of the loss and the other thread I made, I was going to post this earlier but I didn't have the time to..
Please, I was hoping you did it for that very reason so I can commend you.

Show's over folks, nothing to see here.

That trade for McCabe sure looks like **** now. Not that we gave up much, but he's absolutely horrendous. I had both my eyes shut for every shift him and that ****face Gilroy were on.

Powerplay absolutely sucks. Don't deserve to win. Sorry.

I don't want FA signings as much as I want some players desperately gone.

Boogaard
Christensen
Gilroy
McCabe
Wolski
Drury
Avery

All serve absolutely nothing to this team going forward. Can save nearly $22M in cap space by removing those albatrosses.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 10:50 PM
  #10
Machinehead
Richards Supporter
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,374
vCash: 500
Resign Dubinsky, Callahan, Sauer, Anisimov, and Boyle.

Sign Shane O'Brien, waaaaaaaaaaay too much camping in front of Hank. Problem solved.

Gaborik gets shock treatments.

Tell Kreider he either goes pro or he joins Gaby in the "reenforcement room".

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 10:51 PM
  #11
Machinehead
Richards Supporter
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,374
vCash: 500
And I don't know about the PP. Every PP guy we bring in fails absolutely MISERABLY. I'd give Del Zotto another look before running out to acquire another stiff.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:02 PM
  #12
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 25,879
vCash: 3133
I might be one of the few that wants to trade Boyle.

__________________
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<
-]>++++++.>+.+++++++++++++++.>+++++++++.<-.
>-------.<<-----.>----.>.<<+++++++++++.>-------------
-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems
Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:03 PM
  #13
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I might be one of the few that wants to trade Boyle.
I'm with you there. I think he's a FA though so I'd rather let him go than re-sign him.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:05 PM
  #14
BrianBoyle
↓ Perfection ↓
 
BrianBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On the grass
Country: United States
Posts: 51,605
vCash: 300
Main thing we have to do is fix the powerplay, and get a little more experienced on the back end. Maybe look into signing Jovanovski as a cheap, 1-2 year rental, or Shane O'Brien, as MH suggested above. He's been a revelation in Nashville, and would be a perfect fit if Gilroy/Del Zotto make the team next year, as he's extremely physical.

Of course, Richards is priority number 1, as he fills several needs, such as a #1 center, powerplay quarterback, and premier playmaker. He's only 31, and already has ties to the organization in Prospal and Tortorella, so that's a reason for him to sign with us, more so than Burke literally throwing sacks of 100$ bills at his agent's office. He'd actually open up some space for Gaborik, which is the main way he scores. He's a very good goal scorer, but he's not going to create his own space all too often. Richards gives the defenseman pairing up against the top line another player to worry about, and opens up more room. Put Dubinsky or Prospal on that line, and you get even more room.

But, to sign Richards, you have to dump the unwanted cap space, first. Like Drury, Boogaard, Frolov, etc. But that's easier said than done.

And then, you have to re-sign a large variety of RFAs, and a few UFAs. Goodbye McCabe, Fedotenko and Prospal should definitely re-sign. Eminger, only if we can't sign an upgrade, and Gilroy is let go. Boyle, Sauer, Dubinsky, Callahan, and Anisimov all need deals, as well. Trade Wolski for a pick to clear up the cap space, as well as Christensen. And Avery.

So, we could end up with:

Prospal-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Hagelin-Stepan-UFA
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Jovanovski/O'Brien-Gilroy/Rookie/UFA

Lundqvist
Biron

Maybe sign a guy like Chad Larose or Tomas Kopecky for the 3rd line.

__________________

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:06 PM
  #15
BrianBoyle
↓ Perfection ↓
 
BrianBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On the grass
Country: United States
Posts: 51,605
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresthebeef View Post
I dont want him! He is screaming out Drury, gomez, reddden & possibly Gaborik (if he doesn't pick up his **** next season) all over again...

But I would gladly take him on a 3 year 5.5 contract
No he's not, he's nowhere near anything like those players.

BrianBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:11 PM
  #16
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 25,879
vCash: 3133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I'm with you there. I think he's a FA though so I'd rather let him go than re-sign him.
I rather re-sign him and then trade him, instead of letting him walk for nothing. But if he wants more than $1.5M, I'll let him go.

Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:22 PM
  #17
Rangers44*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 993
vCash: 500
Out:

Tortorella
Sullivan
Prospal
Christensen
Gilroy
McCabe
Boogaard
Drury

In:

Richards
Markov
Fedotenko
Bob Hartley/or somebody with a clue

Probation period:

Wolski
Del Zotto
Gaborik
Stepan

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:37 PM
  #18
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 44,687
vCash: 50
I've been very indifferent to the demand for Richards but after watching the last 15 Rangers games we should sign him. What have we go to lose?

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:41 PM
  #19
tlallstar6
Registered User
 
tlallstar6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Not NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,289
vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to tlallstar6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Lundqvist asks for a trade.
might as well. poor guy

tlallstar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:42 PM
  #20
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I might be one of the few that wants to trade Boyle.
I don't want to trade him for the sake of trading him. He's made one good step in the right direction. let's see what step he takes next. If you trade him, make sure you are getting something worthwhile. I don't want this to become Mike Knuble for Rob DiMaio version 2.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:48 PM
  #21
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers
 
Hanke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,145
vCash: 500
My wish list for FA. Just doing for fun to take everything off my mind..

FA- Brad Richards (3 yrs 5.5), O' Brien (2 years 1.2), Tim Connolly (3 yrs 3)

Re-Signing- Brandon Dubinsky (5 yrs 3.4), Ryan Callahan (6 yrs 4.2), Artem Anisimov (4 yrs 1.8), Vinny Prospal (2 yrs 1), Brian Boyle (1 year .900), Michael Sauer (4 yrs 2), Ruslan Fedotenko (2 years .900)

Goes into FA- Bryan McCabe, Matt Gilroy, Steve Eminger & Frolov

Retire- (just made this personally for Drury and Redden) Drury and Redden, frees up about 11 million)

Trade- Marian Gaborik + NYR 2nd&WSH 2nd + mid prospect to Dallas for Loui Eriksson (6 yrs 4.2), Avery (1.9) to any team for a 4th round draft pick. Trade Woliski (4)for 3rd round draft pick

We free up 24.9 million... Add 28.1 .................... 16.4 on roster now .... 44.5 (I feel like theres a mistake with the salary...)

Tim Connolly-Brad Richards-Loui Eriksson
Brandon Dubinsky-Derek Stepan-Ruslan Fedotenko
Vaclav Prospal-Artem Anisimov-Ryan Callahan
Brandon Prust-Brian Boyle-Carl Hagelin/Boogaard (On nights where we need him vs rivals or another big fighter)

Marc Staal-Daniel Girardi
Ryan McDoughn-Michael Del Zotto
Michael Sauer-Shane O'Brien (Line name: "Do not get 300 feet near Lundqvist or your going to be eating ice" line)
7thPavel Valentanko

Henrik Lundqvist
Marty Biron

Let our prospects get a few extra years because this team will win games for you.

Fire torts and sullivan

Only 1 man can wish.. haha . Like I said just doing it for fun, some thing I'd do in NHL 11.

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:49 PM
  #22
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Main thing we have to do is fix the powerplay, and get a little more experienced on the back end. Maybe look into signing Jovanovski as a cheap, 1-2 year rental, or Shane O'Brien, as MH suggested above. He's been a revelation in Nashville, and would be a perfect fit if Gilroy/Del Zotto make the team next year, as he's extremely physical.

Of course, Richards is priority number 1, as he fills several needs, such as a #1 center, powerplay quarterback, and premier playmaker. He's only 31, and already has ties to the organization in Prospal and Tortorella, so that's a reason for him to sign with us, more so than Burke literally throwing sacks of 100$ bills at his agent's office. He'd actually open up some space for Gaborik, which is the main way he scores. He's a very good goal scorer, but he's not going to create his own space all too often. Richards gives the defenseman pairing up against the top line another player to worry about, and opens up more room. Put Dubinsky or Prospal on that line, and you get even more room.

But, to sign Richards, you have to dump the unwanted cap space, first. Like Drury, Boogaard, Frolov, etc. But that's easier said than done.

And then, you have to re-sign a large variety of RFAs, and a few UFAs. Goodbye McCabe, Fedotenko and Prospal should definitely re-sign. Eminger, only if we can't sign an upgrade, and Gilroy is let go. Boyle, Sauer, Dubinsky, Callahan, and Anisimov all need deals, as well. Trade Wolski for a pick to clear up the cap space, as well as Christensen. And Avery.

So, we could end up with:

Prospal-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Hagelin-Stepan-UFA
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Jovanovski/O'Brien-Gilroy/Rookie/UFA

Lundqvist
Biron

Maybe sign a guy like Chad Larose or Tomas Kopecky for the 3rd line.
you can't get rid of Avery. not by trade at least. MZA instead of your UFA? Personally, I would flip Fedotenko and Hagelin on that lineup. And if Gilroy is let go, how did he end up in your line up? would love to see Valentenko make the team. MZA's gotta get better somehow. Don't think you get Jovocop for too cheap and he's Wade Redden waiting to happen all over again.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:52 PM
  #23
gers*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
imo it starts with bringing in Richards. PP sucks and we have been in need of a true first line center for years. To round out the top line id like to see if we could put a package together for a solid LW as a place holder for Kreider for a couple years. Were log jammed with 2nd/3rd line players and prospects, time to see if we can get anything worth while. Im also no opposed to see what we could get for Boyle, because quite frankly hes not going to score 20 goals again. Bring in a vet d for the 3rd pair and let the kids battle for the last spot.

gers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:53 PM
  #24
BrianBoyle
↓ Perfection ↓
 
BrianBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On the grass
Country: United States
Posts: 51,605
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
you can't get rid of Avery. not by trade at least. MZA instead of your UFA? Personally, I would flip Fedotenko and Hagelin on that lineup. And if Gilroy is let go, how did he end up in your line up? would love to see Valentenko make the team. MZA's gotta get better somehow. Don't think you get Jovocop for too cheap and he's Wade Redden waiting to happen all over again.
I personally would let Gilroy go, but with the rumour that Sather wants to re-sign him, i had to put him as a potential option.

Forgot about MZA, admittedly.

I think we could bury Avery.

Don't want to break up Feds-BB-Prust, and I think those 3 could be good together.

I would only want JC at a cheap price...he's a physical vet who can put up 30 points. Only on a 1-2 year deal, too. But that's only if he takes those things. Otherwise, hell no.

BrianBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:02 AM
  #25
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,034
vCash: 500
I'll go into it more in depth when the season is over, but to me the order of operations here is clear.

step 1. buy out Drury, but ask him to retire first. if he doesnt, kthxbai

step 2. re-sign Sauer, Anisimov, Dubi, & Cally

step 3. sign brad richards

step 4. use our extra redundant pieces to bring in a true blue top line left winger to play with Gabby and Richards.

IMHO Richards isn't enough, you need to get that entire top line. and I dont see that piece from within unless Kreider somehow goes into overdrive in his development...imho hes still 3-4 years away from hitting his peak.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.