Just win and go back to Beantown with the chance of closing out the series. It is easier saids than done.
As for benching Pouliout, it is a good idea. He is here to score goals and he has not done so since Feburary. Besides, adding Halpern will give us more defensive options without losing out too much on offense. Pools had 13 goeals in 79 games while Halpern had 11 in 72.
Okay guys and gals....are there things that you did for game # 3 that you will not do again for game #4 ?
For some reason I had changed my jersey, went with the white one instead of the red jersey which I wore for the first two games......white jersey is now buried in the back of the closet lol.....
So I had been wearing my white Cammalleri jersey for the two wins.
Ended up wearing my red Markov jersey until mid 2nd period of game 3. Decided to try the Cammy again and you know what happened then.
Now, my Gionta (red) jersey just got shipped to me today, but I was at work. I called Purolator to find out what to do and for some reason they won't send it out tomorrow, only Monday. I live in Kitchener now for school so the depot they sent it to is the one in Guelph. Don't have a car. The only way I can get this jersey, which I'm sure is necessary for a game 4 and game 5 win is to take a bus from KW to Guelph, go to the depot, pick it up and get back in time for the game. This means I have to be on the 4:15 bus to Guelph and 6:05 back to Kitchener. This is going to be an adventure because to do all this I need to do one thing....slip out of my lab early enough to get from Waterloo to the Kitchener bus station (grad school, hence lab, hence boss...who will not like this AT ALL).
I will do it for us. I will go get... LE Chandail.
Wasn't too sure where to post this, but here are some interesting Habs-related tidbits from Elliotte Friedman's weekly column 30 Thoughts:
16. Entering the Boston series, the Canadiens were pumping Andrei Kostitsyn's tires. They talked about how his effort had improved, how he was a net presence on the power play, about how he committed himself to becoming a better player. When he came back after taking that Chara slapshot off the foot in Game 1, it said everything anyone needed to know about his compete level. He was probably full of enough drugs to sedate an enraged grizzly, but it couldn't have been easy, especially since he missed Game 2.
17. Texted a Capital during Game 1. Asked if he was watching Montreal. He said it was like watching a one-year-old horror movie: "Exact same strategy."
19. There was a time Hal Gill was so concerned about his future in hockey, he considered becoming a math teacher.
20. P.K. Subban said he didn't feel too tired after playing a game-high 27 minutes Thursday night. He was the last Canadien on the ice at Saturday's morning skate, too. He says he's watched a lot of Chris Pronger video. Pronger is one of the best in the NHL at conserving energy while on the ice, so he can play a ton of effective minutes. Subban is trying to mimic that.
21. David Krejci on Tomas Plekanec: "We played together at the Olympics and world championships ... I respect him, but right now I hate him."