HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stephen Weiss, Kristian Huselius, Vaclav Nedorost ...

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2005, 07:37 PM
jasonmackenzie

vCash: 500
Stephen Weiss, Kristian Huselius, Vaclav Nedorost ...

... what are the prospects for these three non-Keenan friendly players for the coming year. Signing of Nieuwendyk, Roberts and Gelinas don't bode well for playing time on the surface.

Old
08-09-2005, 08:04 PM
GudVibransons

Who knows what's gonna happen? We hafta make a distinction her, though. They may not be Keenan friendly players, but Keenan isn't coaching them, though. Jacques Martin is the coach and it's not like he's just some Keenan patsy listening to every suggestion on coaching Iron Mike has. We'll know more once the players actually get on the ice.

Old
08-10-2005, 07:43 AM
silver_made*

as of right now, all are on the opening night roster...

weiss (nieuwendyk's acquisition unfortunately moves stephen down the depth chart; weiss has shown consistent improvement over the years and deserves a roster spot slated for the 3rd line centerman job)

nedorost (is there a better option as our 4th line centerman throughout the organization? no, plus it would be nice to see if that return on worrell (the messier+nedorost=worrell deal which most pegged as a slam dunk for florida) has any worth roughly 2 years later; olesz is a possible option, but some might say he is not ready but the better reasoning is: would you want to start this guy's nhl career on the 4th line/checking line? No reason to bring him oversees for that)

huselius (like nedorost, is there anyone better throughout the organization to usurp kristian as our 1st line LW? Sadly, no, and that includes roberts. coming off what was to be a great year in the SEL before the bogus **** charge, huselius is likely to get his last real chance to be an elite nhler)

*the inclusion of nedorost and huselius on the opening night roster are 2 of the 5 positions on the big club that leave me feeling unsettled.

(1)-Jokinen-Horton
Roberts-Nieuwendyk-Kolnik
Gelinas-Weiss-(2)
Hagman-(3)-(4)

Bouwmeester-Hill
Van Ryn-(5)
Krajicek-Novak

Luongo
McLennan

Old
08-10-2005, 08:57 AM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Keenan will probably institute a Paddle Policy for these players if they do not meet expectations.

whack-whack

The whole Keenan-dislikes-Weiss thing is so overblown. All he did was challenge the kid when he sent him to the minors. I recall reading an article where, if anything, I think Weiss' parents mentioned that he responds to those kinds of challenges better than coddling and nurturing.

Huselius, OTH, is definitely trade bait, if not for the notion that Martin will make him a pet project. I doubt Keenan will have the patience to see what Martin can do with this dainty dandelion.

Nederost, meh, not really a factor so far. Really has to prove his worth for relevant ice time.

Old
08-10-2005, 10:18 AM
wint

I only see 2 holes - Top line winger and top 4 D.

Roberts - Jokinen - (hole - hopefully Mogilny)
Huselius - Niewendyk - Horton
Gelinas - Weiss - Kolnik
Hagman - Nedorost - (whoever earns it)

Bouwmeester - Hill
Van Ryn - (hole - hopefully Hamrlik but no real shot at that)
Mezei - (whoever earns it)

Luongo
McLennan

Old
08-10-2005, 10:30 AM
Clash*

I'm goin to say you will see Serge Payer resigned and maning the fourth line centerman's role before Nedo does. Nedo doesn't have that checking style of play and makes better sense playing the wing.

Old
08-10-2005, 10:36 AM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
I'm goin to say you will see Serge Payer resigned and maning the fourth line centerman's role before Nedo does. Nedo doesn't have that checking style of play and makes better sense playing the wing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Nederost most productive when paired with Weiss?

Old
08-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatmanReturns
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Nederost most productive when paired with Weiss?
Actually that whole line of Nedorost-Weiss-Horton looked to have excellent chemistry together. Nedorost's speed should be beneficial in the new NHL as well.

Old
08-10-2005, 05:13 PM
m2k2p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn
Actually that whole line of Nedorost-Weiss-Horton looked to have excellent chemistry together. Nedorost's speed should be beneficial in the new NHL as well.

Yeah that line was looking really good till Horton got injured.

Closed Thread