HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

POTG & GBR: ECQF Game 4 vs. Washington Capitals

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: ECQF Game 4 vs. Washington Capitals
Artem Anisimov 2 1.14%
Brandon Dubinsky 4 2.29%
Ruslan Fedotenko 47 26.86%
Marian Gaborik 37 21.14%
Dan Girardi 17 9.71%
Henrik Lundqvist 51 29.14%
Ryan McDonagh 2 1.14%
Brandon Prust 1 0.57%
Michael Sauer 1 0.57%
Marc Staal 4 2.29%
Other 9 5.14%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-20-2011, 10:20 PM
3Four3

vCash: 500
Jimmy Howard's save percentage and GAA were horrendous this season. Let's swap with the Red Wings.

Lundqvist deserves to be on a winning team.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Guys, stop bashing this team. This loss sucks. But we were supposed to get swept. If you ask anyone out there, we were not supposed to be able to hang with the Caps and their new system. We were supposed to be an easy go around for this team on the way to their Cup. We have been beating them to pucks all series. We have been taking it to them all series. We have been playing them just as hard as they have been playing us all series. Each and every game we have been in it and each and every game we have scared them.

I am as proud as I have been since I was a child to say that I am a fan of this team. This will only get better.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SouthJerseyRanger

Would you being saying the same things about Callahan had he done what Gaborik did? This game was lost when McDonagh threw the puck straight to Semin to lead to the first goal. The Caps looked absolutely lifeless until that point and that turnover gave them all they needed.

Gaborik barely missed ending the game in OT and it was a miscommunication. A horridly unfortunate miscommunication... but that's what it was. This game should have never gone to OT. I'm not for a second blaming Gaborik. I'm blaming McDonagh, the lack of effort leading to the 2nd goal, and that was it... the Caps are not going to lose at that point.

Utterly deflating... but let's see what happens in Game 5. If we steal one it's back on home ice for Game 6 and of course anything can happen from there.

P.S. Can you people please remember where the Rangers are at as a team? This is NOT like when we had Jagr, Shanny, Straka, Gomez, and Drury and it was Cup or bust, and we still couldn't manage to get out of the 2nd round. This is a very young team that is a work in progress. Their leaders are Staal, Callahan, and Dubinsky... all of whom no less than 3 years ago were still being shipped back and forth from Hartford. There are pieces to be put in place and they've hit some bad luck... but I don't see if we stay the course how the Rangers aren't a better team than the Flyers, Devils, Canadiens, Bruins, Sabres, or even the Capitals within a couple years.

SouthJerseyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Moosehead777

holy **** this team sucks......

Good night......

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Rangers suck, Mets suck, Knicks suck. And there may be no Jets.

I'm about to quit sports.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

If the Capitals can come back from being down 3-1...so can we I guess...

probably not though, because Torts is terrible

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
XLJ

Just a heartbreaking loss. I know everybody is going to be blame Gabby, but the powerplay is why we lost the game. Just needed 1 pp goal we had 7 powerplays. .

**** Devorski for running into Dubi on a breakaway with Gaborik.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersRising View Post
ROFLMAO. Thanks

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Had they held the on to win or even won in OT the pressure would have been tremendous on the Caps...the worst part of this is that with a bounce here or there this series could be 3-1 Rangers. If the offensively inept Rangers can take the Caps to 2 OT games between a 1 seed and 8 seed doesn't bode well for them facing stronger teams

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
tough loss, but honestly the team tried. The second goal was a mental mistake, the third goal was just a good play by the Caps. First goal was a questionable goal all around, but hey it counts. At least the Rangers didn't give up and played hard the entire game.

This team just needs some more offensive firepower, difference makers.... Gaborik tried too. We shouldn't get on his case about this game, honestly he was one of our best players. Callahan being out is tough, our first pairing played 2/3 of a game (or more), and they were exhausted.

Fluke goals happen. The team needs to shrug it off and come out hard in game 5 and get some momentum back. I'm not going to give up on them as painful as this loss was.

I'm a Rangers fan and I've got the scar tissue to prove it. I'll be back supporting them through good times and bad -- whether we lose Saturday or push this to a game 7 and win it. Thanks for the effort Rangers.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
McDonagh was a ****ing numb nut and so was Stepan.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
This team is worthless. No one is worth retaining. Boudreau gives them a reason for another blowout and they play like a bunch of limp wristed ******s. I hate this ****ing USELESS team. Trade Hank, the only useful player on the squad. I hope they get lottery picks the next decade.
If there's no point in retaining anyone else aren't they better off keeping Lundy and getting rid of the rest???

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TomLaidlaw

McCabe just dumped in another puck from center ice.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 10:22 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

I'm proud too, but this game was a tease. We went into this series knowing it would be tough, but we came so close. I know it's not over yet, but really we did better than I expected anyway. We are a young team who will be hungrier come next year.

I know I'm talking like we are eliminated already, but there are positives to take out of this if we lose next game.

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
darko

Girardi: 40 minutes
Staal: 37 minutes
Sauer: 32 minutes
McDonagh: 32 minutes

Girardi was a warrior all game. Feds was probably player of the game.

Need to fix the powerplay. Need a puck moving D-man. They better not bring McCabe back next year.

Also, I hope this WASNT Gaborik last game with Rangers. If we get Richards, you get him to play with Gaborik.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
broadway514

The Good: Hank & Girardi - Black & Blue Warriors
The Bad: Bryan McCabe - lying on the ice like a pylon.
The Redden: Haagen Das shortage courtesy of Fatty via 2OT

broadway514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

For those of you crying "Fire Torts", you should have your head examined.

44 wins with THIS squad? A team that should not even be contending... Who would your suggestions be? Lets hear em!

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

PoTG: Lundqvist

The Good: Periods 1-2

The Bad: The Refs, Our PP and The 3rd

The Redden: Marian Redden Gaborik

The fix is on boys, this series is over because the NHL wants this series to be over. I have never seen so much ******** in my life.

First goal should have been a whistle. Reverse the situation and that whistle gets blown once Neuvirth brings it to his chest.

How about Feds getting hauled down and not getting a call, then Avery gets called for a terrible penalty for stopping AO from getting a clean shot off.

Do not get me started on THE PICK that was set by Davorski which stopped a 2-0 in ot

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead777 View Post
Funny thing is the Capitals really arent playing that well....

Its more of our play thats getting the caps their wins....

****** ****en team....
You can't be a Rangers fan with crap coming out of you like this, man.

The Caps haven't been playing well? Maybe our defense has been playing them tight? You even watching the games? We have skated with them this entire series. It's not because they AREN'T playing well, but because our boys are going at it with them.

This mindset you have is sad. What's worse is that it's the mindset of a number of Rangers "fans".

Be proud of being a fan of a team that works as hard as these guys do. I don't know how long you've been following, but it's been ages since anyone has seen effort like this.

Old
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Guys, stop bashing this team. This loss sucks. But we were supposed to get swept. If you ask anyone out there, we were not supposed to be able to hang with the Caps and their new system. We were supposed to be an easy go around for this team on the way to their Cup. We have been beating them to pucks all series. We have been taking it to them all series. We have been playing them just as hard as they have been playing us all series. Each and every game we have been in it and each and every game we have scared them.

I am as proud as I have been since I was a child to say that I am a fan of this team. This will only get better.

i hope you're right bro

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
McDonagh was a ****ing numb nut and so was Stepan.
McDonagh had one bad play. Otherwise, he was our 2nd best defenseman in the game.

04-20-2011, 10:23 PM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
If there's no point in retaining anyone else aren't they better off keeping Lundy and getting rid of the rest???
No. Hank might reach round 3, but by then he'll be 37.

FIRESALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post

Good post

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ECL
If it weren’t for me

For the record, Gaborik was a BEAST tonight. I feel terrible the way he ended the game like that. He was fantastic.

Old
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
Another thing is this team doesn't have a clue about how to handle a large lead since they rarely ever have one.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote