HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where is the line drawn with these refs?

Old
04-21-2011, 12:54 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

vCash: 500
Where is the line drawn with these refs?

In game 1 they didnt blow the whistle when the puck was out of sight that led to the 1st goal. Tonight they didnt blow the whistle when it was covered up that led to the 1st goal. The blatant crosschecks, trips, interference....but then giving ovechkin a call on a slashing penalty when avery didnt do anything. When gabby and duby had a 2-0 and the refs stood right in the way.

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THE NHL IS NOT FIXED AND GOD FORBID OVECHKIN WOULD BE ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE CROSBY IS ALRDY OUT TOO. THIS SERIES HAS BEEN COMPLETELY 1 SIDED WITH THE OFFICIATING. SHOULD HAVE HAD GAMES 1 AND 4 AND SHUD BE 3-1 US BUT ITS THE OPPOSITE. BUT HEY THE NBA DOES IT TO BECAUSE THE KNICKS GOT SCREWED AND SHOULD BE UP 2-0. SO FED UP WITH THIS GARBAGE.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:56 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

the 2 on 0 thing is what REALLY irked me....what the frak was he doing there? he had no business being where he was, 2 refs right there playign defense against Dubinsky, it was inexcusable imho.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:59 AM
broadwayblue

I totally agree that we've been hosed on the calls. BUT if we go 1 for 7 on the power play we win the game. So at the end of the day you can't put it all on the officiating. We're simply not a very skilled team.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:02 AM
Gardner McKay
Niles, Pls.

vCash: 50
Theres no excusing going 0-7 on the Power play. Its been our achilles heel all year. We could be up 3-1 right now if we had a decent power play rather than being down 3-1.

HOWEVER... the Zebrae were inexcuseable tonight. Rule is stated that when the ref looses sight of the puck he has to blow the whistle. He had to of lost sight because lundqvist had it covered for a short period of time.

How do they NOT call that blatant trip when Fedetenko was trying to enter the zone, but then call a marginal penalty when Ovechkin is interfered with leading to the game tying goal. And there is no telling what the ref did blocking Dubi's break away.

The refs did **** us for sure, but we didn't help ourselves either.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:04 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I totally agree that we've been hosed on the calls. BUT if we go 1 for 7 on the power play we win the game. So at the end of the day you can't put it all on the officiating. We're simply not a very skilled team.
our PP sucked, no doubts about it, which is why im not complaining too much about all the missed calls, and there were quite a few of them actually...but how the hell does the ref do what he did to Dubi? I've seen the linesman sometimes when its right at the boards, but Dubi was a good 4-5 feet away from the boards and the Ref just skated right into his path...absolutely unbelievable.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:04 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

I agree but this is the 2nd best pk in the nhl vs one of the worst pp to begin with, so you cant expect it much better. Neuvirth isnt good at all and we shud have had 2 more goals in that 2nd. But all series its been the same with the refs, i have no voice now. The 1st goal shud have been whistled before it happened and the 3rd goal should not have been a power play at all. They let us get whacked around but ovechkin drove and got a slashing call when he wasnt even touched, WHILE WE PROB SHUD HAVE HAD 2 PENALTY SHOTS.AT LEAST 1

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:09 AM
lbrowne

Yap at the refs all night if you want, but our powerplay will be our own un-doing.

McCabe was brought in to be bombs'away with alotta heat and he just isn't doing it.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
Yap at the refs all night if you want, but our powerplay will be our own un-doing.

McCabe was brought in to be bombs'away with alotta heat and he just isn't doing it.
I agree, the officiating was horrible, but we had chances to make the caps pay on the PP. We failed every time, thats our fault. That is my problem with the coaching staff, I know its the playoffs so I am not expecting a fix now, but this should have been addressed by bringing in a 3rd coach solely to fix our broken PP which looks worse now than it did before we got into the final 10 games and playoffs. It is clearly broken, fresh minds need to be brought in with different ideas. This team isn't the most talented by a long shot, but the fact the PP hurts this team is quite telling about the direction this team is not going in.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:20 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Something has to change. Maybe have a ref war-room where each guy is looking at different high-def camera angles or something and make the calls from there. That's the best I could come up with in five seconds, but really it's just getting really bad. Forget missed calls, missed cover-ups (first caps goal), how the **** do you pick off Dubi like that!

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:27 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
Something has to change. Maybe have a ref war-room where each guy is looking at different high-def camera angles or something and make the calls from there. That's the best I could come up with in five seconds, but really it's just getting really bad. Forget missed calls, missed cover-ups (first caps goal), how the **** do you pick off Dubi like that!
This is what is wrong with hockey as officials are never really reprimanded or penalized. Whatever happened with Burrows and being targeted by a Ref? Nothing. Do I know for a fact the refs want us to lose? I can't say I do, but I can question the heck out of the lack of whistles we get in the crease, the missed calls on Feds, the bogus avery call after the Feds call is missed, and the amount of off-sides that were missed throughout the game tonight. The officiating is just horrendous and much like Erik Christensen way too inconsistent at the pro level. Things need to be addressed, but Bettman and Campbell won't do anything. We have been saying for YEARS how the officiating is deteriorating and we will be saying it again in 5 years as the same nonsense will still be going on.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:13 AM
truebluegoalie

Considering how many powerplays the rangers have had in this series I think you would have a difficult time making the argument that the nhl is fixed.

After game 1 I said I thought this series was going to be officiated just like the one against the penguins in 2008. Everyone remember that one? The slew foots, the drury high stick with no call. But I was told I was "barking up the wrong tree." Looks like I wasn't so wrong after all.

But I don't think it has to do with a fix, at least I hope not. I think it has to do with what I have been saying ever since the lockout, the nhl is inconsistent. It starts with the disciplinary decisions handed out by the front office and it flows down to the refs. This series has been a perfect example.

Two plays where the whistle could have blown led to important caps goals, I think the play in game 1 was much worse than last night, but when compared to the whistles the caps are getting in the crease it gets extremely frustrating. I can think of at least two occasions where the puck was looser than Foodreau's belt at a Golden Corral but the whistle was blown. One of those plays came in game 1 when the puck was rolling into the net until a cap dman swatted it out with his hand the same time the whistle blew.

Then you see the stuff like Fedotenko getting tripped while in the slot with the puck getting ready to shoot, his scoring chance is taken away by the trip and you yell at the tv that it is a penatly, and it should be, but most are ok with it as long as the refs are consistent. Then when the caps come back the same play ovechkin gets a shot off but is still slashed and a penalty is called it really makes you scratch your head. Same goes for the Gaborik penalty in game 3 following the Ovechkin crosscheck on Feds or the McDonaugh penalty in game 2 (I think) where he was protecting Lundqvist. I am also sick of seeing the caps set picks every time they gain the offensive blue line and drop pass the puck. The list goes on and on, and I am sure cap "fans" have a few examples as well. The refs need to either let them play or call the game consistently. My solution? Go back to the 1 ref system, it worked for years and there is more accountability that way, much easier to know how 1 ref will call the game instead of 2.

I haven't seen the Dubi play yet since I had to be up at 3 for a 12 hour shift at work, but I did hear it on the radio, I've got the game dvrd so I will check it out when I get home tonight, but again, the ice is small enough, lets get rid of one ref. I would also like to know when Stepan was taken down in the 3rd why that wasn't a penalty shot. The pp is so bad I would rather take a PS than a PP, at least you know that way the team is guaranteed a scoring chance.

But, what it all comes down to is consistency and accountability, I hope that the team puts together some examples of the inconsistent officiating and sends it to the league as a big FU and tell them they need to fix this ****. I'd also like to see Philly and Montreal win their series. That would send the caps to Montreal and you know the Canadian media won't stand for some of the bs we are seeing here.

Last edited by truebluegoalie: 04-21-2011 at 08:32 AM.
truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:18 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
you can't tell me the league is trying to fix the game when the Rangers were 0-7 on the PP and even had a PP in OT because of a too many men call they could've probably let go.

The no-call in OT on Backstrom's boarding Staal in OT irked me a lot...you're trying to crack down on these hits...it's OT in the playoffs and all of a sudden that's legal?

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 06:33 AM
chosen

7 power plays and we are blaming the refs? Really?

Nothing like being relieved of taking responsibility for your own actions and fate.

We wuz robbed! Ya know how I know? It's because we lost. That's the proof.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 06:35 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR BLUE18 View Post
In game 1 they didnt blow the whistle when the puck was out of sight that led to the 1st goal. Tonight they didnt blow the whistle when it was covered up that led to the 1st goal. The blatant crosschecks, trips, interference....but then giving ovechkin a call on a slashing penalty when avery didnt do anything. When gabby and duby had a 2-0 and the refs stood right in the way.

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THE NHL IS NOT FIXED AND GOD FORBID OVECHKIN WOULD BE ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE CROSBY IS ALRDY OUT TOO. THIS SERIES HAS BEEN COMPLETELY 1 SIDED WITH THE OFFICIATING. SHOULD HAVE HAD GAMES 1 AND 4 AND SHUD BE 3-1 US BUT ITS THE OPPOSITE. BUT HEY THE NBA DOES IT TO BECAUSE THE KNICKS GOT SCREWED AND SHOULD BE UP 2-0. SO FED UP WITH THIS GARBAGE.
Does this logic mean that the refs aided the Rangers in 94? Am I to assume that the league wanted Messier to win, too? Or is that different?

Old
04-21-2011, 06:40 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
What a bunch of garbage, 7 power plays and it's the refs' fault. Stop making excuses. If the league was really fixed why have the Caps lost 3 out of 4 series since Boudreau took over(excluding this series)

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 06:43 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
7 power plays and we are blaming the refs? Really?

Nothing like being relieved of taking responsibility for your own actions and fate.

We wuz robbed! Ya know how I know? It's because we lost. That's the proof.
Most people in this thread aren't blaming the refs, in fact most (myself included) have recognized that you can't blame the refs when the Rangers had 7 pp opportunities.

But why is it so wrong to question the officials? If the rangers had won I would have been saying the same thing, the officiating was inconsistent. This bury your head in the sand attitude is exactly why there is no accountability of the refs by the league.

Old
04-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Skrudland2Lomakin

Quote:
Does this logic mean that the refs aided the Rangers in 94? Am I to assume that the league wanted Messier to win, too? Or is that different?
Everyone knows games started being fixed strictly post lock out

In all honesty officiating has been piss poor on both ends. Last night there was a play behind a net where Boyd Gordon had the puck along the boards, a Ranger swung around the net and skated into his stick and they called tripping. Everything you see is because you're looking for it from a Ranger perspective, just as everything the Caps see is from their perspective, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Skrudland2Lomakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Skrudland2Lomakin

Quote:
Everyone knows games started being fixed strictly post lock out

In all honesty officiating has been piss poor on both ends. Last night there was a play behind a net where Boyd Gordon had the puck along the boards, a Ranger swung around the net and skated into his stick and they called tripping. Everything you see is because you're looking for it from a Ranger perspective, just as everything the Caps see is from their perspective, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Skrudland2Lomakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 07:50 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
I certainly dont think the oficiating is fixed, its just freaking inconsistent.
There is nothing that can be done to remedy that 2 on 0 that the official got in the way of, those are the breaks.
Both teams have recieved plenty of bad calls and as far as the calls go I think the refs have done a good job this series WITH THE EXCEPTION of whats been going on in the goal creases. I completely am baffled how the puck can fall at neuvirths feet and be obviously loose and get a whistle, but it appears when hank makes a stop, or tries pulling the puck into his body its a leisurely wait until the whistle is blown. Makes very little sense to me.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 07:52 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Most people in this thread aren't blaming the refs, in fact most (myself included) have recognized that you can't blame the refs when the Rangers had 7 pp opportunities.

But why is it so wrong to question the officials? If the rangers had won I would have been saying the same thing, the officiating was inconsistent. This bury your head in the sand attitude is exactly why there is no accountability of the refs by the league.
The original poster clearly blames the refs and says it was fixed.

Others have agreed that the refs hurt the Rangers, and if you think there would be a peep today about poor refs if the Rangers had won, you are seriously mistaken.

When fans endlessly complain about refs after a win, I'll take some money from my money tree and distribute it.

Old
04-21-2011, 07:53 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

All I know is that these *******s should be sitting in life guard chairs like tennis. Instead we get a ****ing retard like Devorski breaking up a golden opportunity 2 on 0. I'm almost certain we score on that play.

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 07:56 AM
NYR89

Why can't some people comprehend Lundqvist never had the puck covered and under control. That wasn't a bad call, it was the right call.

NYR89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:15 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
The original poster clearly blames the refs and says it was fixed.

Others have agreed that the refs hurt the Rangers, and if you think there would be a peep today about poor refs if the Rangers had won, you are seriously mistaken.

When fans endlessly complain about refs after a win, I'll take some money from my money tree and distribute it.
I said MOST, not ALL. Reading comprehension FAIL.

And I'll take some money because after the 1-0 Boston win I said they were lucky to get that win because on that goal there were at least two plays that should have led to whistles and canceled out that goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
Why can't some people comprehend Lundqvist never had the puck covered and under control. That wasn't a bad call, it was the right call.
That isn't really the issue. The issue is that when the same exact play happened at the other end (twice in the series) the whistle was blown much faster.

Again its all about consistency, if the other goalie is getting those calls the Rangers should be getting them as well. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Old
04-21-2011, 08:38 AM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Dubi shoulda crosschecked Devorski.

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:39 AM
beastly115

We can blame the refs all we want but the bottom line is we went 0 for 7 on the pp and blew a 3 goal lead. We were gift wrapped this game and they blew it. Simple as that.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote