HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Lidstrom playing hurt?

Old
04-20-2011, 02:35 PM
67coach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
I can't see any official confirmation anywhere. But if he is injured or has a slight problem, I'd sit him. Even if he had a broken nail, I'd sit the guy, we have a comfortable lead, we are more than capable of winning tonight if the other defensemen show up and play like they did last game.
I haven't seen anything either, that's why I asked.

I agree with Yemack though if he's sitting he's hurt so let's hope he plays.

67coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Datstromberg

he's old, the series has been a blowout, and the playoffs are long and rough. Detroit is in the best position right now of any team. Zetterberg is well rested and would only have to play 3 series if they got to the finals. Lidstrom doesnt have to play big minutes so he's getting more rest. they'll be the freshest team going into the 2nd round if they sweep and they're playing their best hockey.

Datstromberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Yemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datstromberg View Post
he's old, the series has been a blowout, and the playoffs are long and rough. Detroit is in the best position right now of any team. Zetterberg is well rested and would only have to play 3 series if they got to the finals. Lidstrom doesnt have to play big minutes so he's getting more rest. they'll be the freshest team going into the 2nd round if they sweep and they're playing their best hockey.
what if they lose tonight

and the next one

while some players gets injured in the process?

Yemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 05:28 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlavaKozlov View Post
About him being "un-Lidstrom like", well, I think he is outplaying Norris Trophy Candidate Keith Yandle... that dude has been garbage, IMO.
Glad to see someone else notice. Wow is Yandle bad defensively. Like, no-way-in-hell-anyone-should-be-seriously-considering-this-guy-for-the-Norris bad.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Royalwings

This is what Lidstrom and Kronwall had to say about Nick's icetime in a Kahn piece about Kronner taking a leading role. Doesn't sound like any injury, thankfully.

Quote:
Lidstrom averaged two minutes less per game during the season (23:28) and has played even more sparingly this series (18:51), ranking fifth among the teamís defensemen.

"Thatís been the plan, especially going into the playoffs," Lidstrom said. "Hopefully, weíll go for a long run and itíll keep us fresher. The minutes have been more evened out, if you look at the six D, compared to the regular season. Thatís been by design as well."

Lidstrom turns 41 on April 28 but remains the leading candidate to win his seventh Norris Trophy as the NHLís best defensemen. Babcock can afford to trim his minutes as long as Kronwall continues to deliver.

"For me, personally, the more you play, the more confidence you feel out there. It feels like youíre taken on a little bigger role," Kronwall said. "The more we can rest Nick, the better it is. If he doesnít have to play 26-27 minutes a night itís going to benefit us in the long run."
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....ng_big_ro.html

Royalwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 02:44 AM
Coffey77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Glad to see someone else notice. Wow is Yandle bad defensively. Like, no-way-in-hell-anyone-should-be-seriously-considering-this-guy-for-the-Norris bad.
I noticed that too. Yandle isn't that special defensively. Still a very good d-man but not Norris worthy imo.

Ah, ok. The article in this thread explains things. Seeing Lidstrom play, I don't notice anything wrong with him out there. Ericsson and Salei are playing really well and that can help limit Lidstrom's ice time since there is no "weak pairing" out there.

Coffey77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Hearing Yandle's name in the Norris mix reminds me of 'Yotes fans talking up Ladislav Nagy a few years ago. I remember someone calling him one of the most offensively gifted players in the league.

Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 03:09 AM
chances14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
Hearing Yandle's name in the Norris mix reminds me of 'Yotes fans talking up Ladislav Nagy a few years ago. I remember someone calling him one of the most offensively gifted players in the league.
can you say overrated

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 03:50 AM
Zata

I think Yandle had a pretty bad series, I don't think he's usually that bad out there.

But he really, really looked bad out there this series.

Zata is offline   Reply With Quote