HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Where is the line drawn with these refs?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2011, 07:49 AM
  #26
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,079
vCash: 873
1 for whatever on the PP in this series is why we are down 3-1 and not up 3-1.

The PP scheme is pathetic and has been for years.

A hard working team like the Rangers should be able to generate more chances and goals while up a man than they have.

Guys hold the puck to long, guys can't take hard passes, guys pass too much, guys seem reluctant to shoot.

The team concept at ES is funnel to blue, why is that not the same mindset when we have the extra man? Seems like they change game plans.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:16 AM
  #27
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,291
vCash: 50
The refs sucked but they did give us 7 chances to make a difference. Blame our untalented offense.


Last edited by KingWantsCup: 04-21-2011 at 10:33 AM.
KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:19 AM
  #28
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
I agree, the officiating was horrible, but we had chances to make the caps pay on the PP. We failed every time, thats our fault. That is my problem with the coaching staff, I know its the playoffs so I am not expecting a fix now, but this should have been addressed by bringing in a 3rd coach solely to fix our broken PP which looks worse now than it did before we got into the final 10 games and playoffs. It is clearly broken, fresh minds need to be brought in with different ideas. This team isn't the most talented by a long shot, but the fact the PP hurts this team is quite telling about the direction this team is not going in.
The PP fix was supposed to be McCabe, who actually didn't look terrible early on. Over time, Torts and Sullivan have managed to reduce his effectiveness to zero. Agreed that someone needs to be brought in for the sole purpose of improving the strategy with the man advantage.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:26 AM
  #29
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
Why can't some people comprehend Lundqvist never had the puck covered and under control. That wasn't a bad call, it was the right call.
I have trouble with this one, myself. The puck was NEVER controlled.

KreiMeARiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:32 AM
  #30
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
I have trouble with this one, myself. The puck was NEVER controlled.
Do you have trouble when the whistle is blown at the other end after Neuvirth simply looks at a puck?

It isn't about whether the call was right or wrong, it is about getting the RIGHT call on BOTH sides of the ice.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:51 AM
  #31
darrenturcotte#8
Registered User
 
darrenturcotte#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Does this logic mean that the refs aided the Rangers in 94? Am I to assume that the league wanted Messier to win, too? Or is that different?
Actually, Kevin Collins did everything humanly possible to try and help the Canucks tie it. Those were two of the worst Icing calls in the history of the sport. After the 2nd one, I was waiting for him to just throw the puck in the net rather than dropping it for a face off with 2 secs left.

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:53 AM
  #32
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
I have trouble with this one, myself. The puck was NEVER controlled.
Neuvirth would've gotten a whistle.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:56 AM
  #33
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 500
No one in their right mind could blame this loss, or the loss in game one on the officiating. It falls entirely on the NYR’s
Inept special teams unit but only an idiot would refuse to acknowledge the fact that in the sport of hockey a good/bad call can alter the direction of A game and even effect the outcome.

It’s inevitable to have a bad call now and then, but at this stage in the game
At the high cost in the playoffs, this level of dysfunctional officiating should not be tolerated any longer.
There is no reason why we should be seeing inconsistencies of this magnitude during playoff hockey.
It affects careers, revenue, and lives. It marginalizes the sport and cheats the dedicated fanbase.

Is it too much to ask for, for officials to call the same play consistently within the same period?
Is it too much to ask to to have calls made on flagrant penalties every time they occur instead of when it’s convenient?

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:26 AM
  #34
btfoom
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR BLUE18 View Post
In game 1 they didnt blow the whistle when the puck was out of sight that led to the 1st goal. Tonight they didnt blow the whistle when it was covered up that led to the 1st goal. The blatant crosschecks, trips, interference....but then giving ovechkin a call on a slashing penalty when avery didnt do anything. When gabby and duby had a 2-0 and the refs stood right in the way.

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THE NHL IS NOT FIXED AND GOD FORBID OVECHKIN WOULD BE ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE CROSBY IS ALRDY OUT TOO. THIS SERIES HAS BEEN COMPLETELY 1 SIDED WITH THE OFFICIATING. SHOULD HAVE HAD GAMES 1 AND 4 AND SHUD BE 3-1 US BUT ITS THE OPPOSITE. BUT HEY THE NBA DOES IT TO BECAUSE THE KNICKS GOT SCREWED AND SHOULD BE UP 2-0. SO FED UP WITH THIS GARBAGE.
It's funny, go to the Caps board and read almost word for word the same type of complaints. The bottom line is that 0-7 on the PP, including TWO extended 5v3 PPs is NEVER going to get the job done. The reffing in this series has been inconsistent, but for every bad call against the home team, there has been a bad call against the visiting team. The NHL isn't fixed, it is just much easier to look at bad calls from the refs AFTER you lose than after you win (just like another poster earlier said, I'll start handing out money from my tree in the basement when the Winning team complains about the refs).

btfoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:33 AM
  #35
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,744
vCash: 500
LOL, always gonna be a refs suck thread after a tough playoff loss. Much easier to pin the blame there instead of the team I suppose.

2 things:

1. The Caps first goal was actually a great call by the refs. The puck was never frozen, and the whistle shouldnt have been/wasnt blown

2. Those same refs handed us 7 powerplays, which the Rangers did jack**** with.

If you want to complain, complain about how Devorski threw the best check of the game on Dubinsky during that possible 2 on 0 during the first overtime. CONSPIRACY???????

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:53 AM
  #36
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
LOL, always gonna be a refs suck thread after a tough playoff loss. Much easier to pin the blame there instead of the team I suppose.

I fully blame the team. I just want to know why the refs are so consistently inconsistent.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:57 AM
  #37
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I fully blame the team. I just want to know why the refs are so consistently inconsistent.
I dont have an answer for that, maybe because I feel like they havent been inconsistent. Overall, I think this has been a well-officiated series.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 10:00 AM
  #38
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 500
Why does it have to be two extremes?

It’s either: the game was “fixed” or man up Mary and stop whining?

Many if not all intelligent and honest fans realize the rangers play cost them the game ultimately.
I think the legitamte outcry is: honest officiating for all. The same play shouldn’t be called two different
Ways in the same match. That’s not favoritism, it’s simply incompetence built into a sport managed by pigheaded,
Proud men with $$$$.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 10:10 AM
  #39
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I dont have an answer for that, maybe because I feel like they havent been inconsistent. Overall, I think this has been a well-officiated series.
At some points it seemed like it would be, I think overall it would have been better if they let more go and just let them play. It is really hard to understand a random cross checking call when they are going on all over the ice.

And it applies to both teams, not just the Rangers. There were definitely some Ranger plays that should have been called and weren't only to be followed up by random Caps' penalties.

And I don't believe in makeup calls, get the call right the first time, I also don't think it all evens out in the end. The numbers might, but you can't get back momentum, and nothing kills that better than a PK or in the Rangers' case a PP.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 10:20 AM
  #40
tomobson
Registered User
 
tomobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
Why can't some people comprehend Lundqvist never had the puck covered and under control. That wasn't a bad call, it was the right call.
After watching countless of replays we can say the puck was maybe loose, but how in the hell would the ref behind the net know this? does this man have x-ray vision? how there wasn't intent to blow the whistle as soon as Lundqvist's glove landed on the puck is a mystery.

tomobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 10:26 AM
  #41
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomobson View Post
After watching countless of replays we can say the puck was maybe loose, but how in the hell would the ref behind the net know this? does this man have x-ray vision? how there wasn't intent to blow the whistle as soon as Lundqvist's glove landed on the puck is a mystery.
So your argument is basically that the ref should have made a bad call that benefitted the Rangers instead? He got the call right, and some people are *****ing that he shouldn't have. Unbelievable.

I just cant comprehend why this is what some people latch onto after watching that game. Im FAR more concerned about how the Rangers couldnt stop the bleeding after that goal, and the embarassing powerplay. Thats why we lost.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 10:26 AM
  #42
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomobson View Post
After watching countless of replays we can say the puck was maybe loose, but how in the hell would the ref behind the net know this? does this man have x-ray vision? how there wasn't intent to blow the whistle as soon as Lundqvist's glove landed on the puck is a mystery.
In both yesterday’s game and in game one, the puck was covered and out of sight, therefore out of play.
Both games the the official was within feet of the rangers goal and failed to blow the whistle giving the
Capitals players opportunities to dislodge the puck and score. It’s pretty evident if you want to see it.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 10:36 AM
  #43
tomobson
Registered User
 
tomobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
So your argument is basically that the ref should have made a bad call that benefitted the Rangers instead? He got the call right, and some people are *****ing that he shouldn't have. Unbelievable.

I just cant comprehend why this is what some people latch onto after watching that game. Im FAR more concerned about how the Rangers couldnt stop the bleeding after that goal, and the embarassing powerplay. Thats why we lost.
what are you talking about? the ref is suppose to blow the whistle when he loses sight of the puck, control never even comes into this. How the ref can see the puck behind hank's glove is remarkable. he clearly has super human powers. this thread deals with the officiating, i love this team and love the potential future of this team, but obviously i'm going to be talking about the officiating in the thread that deals with the OFFICIATING of the game.

tomobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 10:39 AM
  #44
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
In both yesterday’s game and in game one, the puck was covered and out of sight, therefore out of play.
Both games the the official was within feet of the rangers goal and failed to blow the whistle giving the
Capitals players opportunities to dislodge the puck and score. It’s pretty evident if you want to see it.
Not to mention two instances where the puck was clearly not covered by the caps goalie but yet a whistle was blown.

Those are the types of inconsistencies that should be addressed.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 10:41 AM
  #45
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
the only thing i blame the refs on was when dubi crashed into devorski (i think it was him.) i mean seriously? we have a 2 on 0 and the ref ruins it? a 2 on 0 with gabby and dubi, the game would have been over

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 10:47 AM
  #46
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,934
vCash: 500
Look, some of the calls/whistles suck, but that's any game.

If it had been a 0-0 1-1 situation and those kind of calls are made, or not made, then yes, you can complain a little, but the reality is, they blew a THREE GOAL LEAD going in to the third, the best record they had all year at 29-0.

On top of that the PP was atrocious as usual, you just cannot blame the refs or be mad at them for that loss.

I was really miffed at the pick ******** Devorsky set on Dubi for that 2 on 0, but still, you can't rest the game on it.

__________________
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:09 AM
  #47
lovetherangers
Registered User
 
lovetherangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
The NHL officials are one step above the WWE, and I would rank them under all the other leagues. I used to think the NBA had the worst refs, not after the NHL went to the two ref system, which ironically was supposed to make the game better officiated (I think its worse). Its a joke honestly. Discipline seems arbitrary, and bias against players is thinly veiled. Its sad actually, that such a great game, has such horrible on, and off ice officials.

lovetherangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:18 AM
  #48
crumpy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR BLUE18 View Post
In game 1 they didnt blow the whistle when the puck was out of sight that led to the 1st goal. Tonight they didnt blow the whistle when it was covered up that led to the 1st goal. The blatant crosschecks, trips, interference....but then giving ovechkin a call on a slashing penalty when avery didnt do anything. When gabby and duby had a 2-0 and the refs stood right in the way.

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THE NHL IS NOT FIXED AND GOD FORBID OVECHKIN WOULD BE ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE CROSBY IS ALRDY OUT TOO. THIS SERIES HAS BEEN COMPLETELY 1 SIDED WITH THE OFFICIATING. SHOULD HAVE HAD GAMES 1 AND 4 AND SHUD BE 3-1 US BUT ITS THE OPPOSITE. BUT HEY THE NBA DOES IT TO BECAUSE THE KNICKS GOT SCREWED AND SHOULD BE UP 2-0. SO FED UP WITH THIS GARBAGE.
One sided? Did you watch game 3?

crumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:20 AM
  #49
lovetherangers
Registered User
 
lovetherangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomobson View Post
what are you talking about? the ref is suppose to blow the whistle when he loses sight of the puck, control never even comes into this.

Taken right from the rule book;

85.3 Puck Out of Sight - Should a scramble take place or a player accidentally fall on the puck and the puck be out of sight of the Referee, he shall immediately blow his whistle and stop the play. The puck shall then be faced-off at the nearest face-off spot in the zone where the play was stopped unless otherwise provided for in the rules.

lovetherangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:41 AM
  #50
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomobson View Post
what are you talking about? the ref is suppose to blow the whistle when he loses sight of the puck, control never even comes into this. How the ref can see the puck behind hank's glove is remarkable. he clearly has super human powers. this thread deals with the officiating, i love this team and love the potential future of this team, but obviously i'm going to be talking about the officiating in the thread that deals with the OFFICIATING of the game.
I understand the rule, but I also understand that the puck on this specific play was never frozen. Im making no assumptions here.

Its a HUGE assumption on your part that the referee lost site of the puck.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.