HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So did Corey Perry really get into Pekka's head?

Old
04-20-2011, 11:31 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
So did Corey Perry really get into Pekka's head?

Pekka's stats are way below average and in tonight's game 4, he let in a real soft shortie. He's obviously frustrated. Think it has anything to do with the nut tap from Perry?

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:18 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I think it has more to do with two 5-on-3 goals, two very fluky goals (and three total) in a game in which the Ducks only had 16 shots, and some very bad defensive lapses. We've taken stupid penalties, and entirely too many of them. Rinne hasn't been the dominate force we saw for most of the season, but we can't expect him to do it all can we? I highly doubt some halfwit like Corey Perry is in his head.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:41 AM
AEM6729

Up until tonight it was 5 on 3's and fluky stuff...but tonight he pretty much straight-up sucked. It's like he wasn't seeing anything!

I have no clue what the deal is but I do kinda wonder if his suckage...and that of Suter and Weber for that matter...is b/c they've been overplayed. Lindback barely saw the ice the last half of the regular season, Suter and Weber play like 30 flippin minutes every night, and we usually only play 2.5-3 lines instead of rolling 4. Maybe some guys are just worn out.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:09 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Rinne cost us the game last night. The 4th goal killed the team.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Bad Karma

Rinne hasn't been that good this whole series except for game 1. Having a sub .900 sv won't get you far in the playoffs, He was luck he didn't let 8 or 9 in last night. A lot of luck saves.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 10:45 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 788
I don't know if it's Corey Perry, per se, I just think he's had a bad 4 games. With as bad as he's been, we're lucky to not have been swept. His SV % and GAA have been god awful. Under normal circumstances, those types of numbers make us lose. And I bet no one is more disappointed than him.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:16 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
I don't know if it's Corey Perry, per se, I just think he's had a bad 4 games. With as bad as he's been, we're lucky to not have been swept. His SV % and GAA have been god awful. Under normal circumstances, those types of numbers make us lose. And I bet no one is more disappointed than him.

SV% and GAA are only one measure of a goalie's performance and are subject to how well his team plays in front of him. With all the power plays and the strength of the Ducks PP unit, how do you blame Rinne? Granted a couple from last night are his fault but c'mon, be fair.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Tennman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
SV% and GAA are only one measure of a goalie's performance and are subject to how well his team plays in front of him. With all the power plays and the strength of the Ducks PP unit, how do you blame Rinne? Granted a couple from last night are his fault but c'mon, be fair.
I think our expectations are for Pekka to be great not just good. So when he lets in a soft goal like the shorty last night he gets the blame for the loss. The fact is the defense has been mediocre at best. To many turnovers in our own end. To many failed clears. The first two goals last night are directly because of poor play in front of him.

Tennman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:52 PM
JoeDaddio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennman View Post
To many turnovers in our own end. To many failed clears.

Looks like the Ducks have been rubbing off on Nashville.

joe

JoeDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:52 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDaddio View Post
Looks like the Ducks have been rubbing off on Nashville.

joe
Yeah after you guys went up in the 3rd our crowd sounded just like yours.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 04:28 PM
jlsg

Peks hasn't been strong for about a month and a half. We won the games we needed to but it was in spite of him instead of because of him in several of those games. Hope he gets it together. Emery is really having trouble. He has no side to side movement to speak of. If Peks shows up for the next 2 games we win this series on Sunday.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote