HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Time to end this

Old
04-21-2011, 01:22 PM
FlyersMania2

vCash: 500
Time to end this

How many threads are going to be started in the SCF forum to do with Richards/whining/etc...these Buffalo fans are the biggest hypocrits of all time. They hide behind the biggest whiner of a coach yet want to talk about us.

This prob didnt need its own thread but idk where else to put all unrelated "I am annoyed with the Buff fans" stuff. Here is from their latest thread about us being whiners:

Quote:
I personally agree 100%.

Philly...your coach is baby. Shut up and play

Quote:
Buffalo, NY (WGR 550) -- The Flyers think the Sabres "Get away with murder." The Sabres had four power plays in Game 4 while the Flyers had three. Buffalo was on the PP for 9:41 while Philadelphia had 4:41 with the extra man. In Game 2, the Sabres were shorthanded for almost 16 minutes, but last night, Mike Richards and Daniel Briere both thought they were not getting a fair shake from the officials. Lindy Ruff, well he's tired of it, "I just feel that they're doing a lot of whining. I didn't hear any whining when they had ten power plays in Philly and I didn't hear any whining when the power plays in the first game were lopsided, but all of a sudden there's all this whining that we're getting away with murder, that's a bunch of crap. That's for the media, that's for the officials to read, that's for here letís get the next call, that's a bunch of crap, letís just play. We're just playing, there hasn't been one word about officiating out of us, but if they want to cry about the officiating or whine about different calls, go ahead."

When Ryan Miller heard that they were getting away with murder, he couldn't stop laughing, "Murder huh? He's just trying to start spinning something (Richards), he's a smart guy, he's been around awhile, he's been through a lot of these battles and he obviously knows that some attention needs to be drawn to something. I think he's just trying to draw it away from himself. That elbow (on Kaleta) is something we're trying to stay away from and he threw it, no matter who's coming at you. It's Patty Kaleta and he's got a reputation, but Patty hadn't hit him yet, he didn't even know what Patty was going to do and he got an elbow in the face so I think it's a big smoke screen. Mike is trying to throw everyone off his trail."

The Sabres played much of the third period Wednesday in their own end. When they had chances to clear or get out, they'd fail. Ruff said, "We wanted to stay away from certain situations in the game last night that I thought got away from us in Game 3. I didn't think we made smart enough decisions on the wall where we had been a real good team, but after we made a bad decision, we reacted the right way, we stayed in the middle, we made sure we kept them to the outside, but we put some pucks where we had no support and that kept us in our zone for awhile."

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:36 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Fans are biased. We are biased towards the Flyers, them towards the Sabres. It's bound to happen.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:38 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Fans are biased. We are biased towards the Flyers, them towards the Sabres. It's bound to happen.
Agreed but they literally have three threads in the SCF forum just about us being whiners. All is well and good, but its a waste and self-serviant.

I guess by "time to end this" i mean, we need to start dominating this series and shut them up by winning.

Master Pronger must return

Old
04-21-2011, 01:47 PM
phillyfanatic

I actually respect the passion of Sabre fan. They are packing the place with a few thousand extra standing outside in the "SNOW". Good on ya Sabre fan.

With that said, Richards deserves a little wine, he got a 5 minute major in the third period for a guy checking him and eating a little elbow. I wonder how many 5 minute majors Gordon Howe would have had with this type of discipline.

Bottom line, I think the officiating has been horrible. I am not thinking it has been biased against the Flyers, last night we had the two "worst calls". But I have been shaking my head at many of the calls going against the Sabres.

In conclusion, there are three teams on the ice each night. Flyers, Sabres, Refs. And right now, the refs are taking over the games and dominating. Instead of letting the players play, they are picking one guy out of each scrum and throwing them in the box. Even the linesman feels it is his duty to throw the center out of the faceoff every single chance he gets. Just drop the ******* puck already.

I am not a fan of touch hockey. On Montreal Sports Radio this morning, the local talent (who are clearly not watching the series) were raking the Flyers over the coals for dumb penalties and praising the Sabres for winning the hitting statistics. They also said it is time for JVR to step up as he has done nothing (clearly haven't watched a game since he has been the best player on the ice). How can we hit with these rules? I can understand how guys like Carcillo, Powe, Hartnell and Richards are a little gunshy right now. Who knows what is a penalty, best to just let the guy go by.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Sirantlers

Best part is that two of them werent started by Sabres fans.....

Sirantlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:50 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
Agreed but they literally have three threads in the SCF forum just about us being whiners. All is well and good, but its a waste and self-serviant.

I guess by "time to end this" i mean, we need to start dominating this series and shut them up by winning.

Master Pronger must return
Dont know why you even leave this board. The Flyers are, by voting, the 2nd most hated team in the NHL. Obviously there will be hate. On the General board, there is always a monthly, "The Flyers suck" thread.

You get used to it

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:52 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Dont know why you even leave this board. The Flyers are, by voting, the 2nd most hated team in the NHL. Obviously there will be hate. On the General board, there is always a monthly, "The Flyers suck" thread.

You get used to it
You're right. But it really fires me up. Typically, I get it. But in this scenario, hearing them all complain and Ruff talk trash is really on my nerves primarily bc the refs were so bad, so in this example, Richards had a right to be angry.

Old
04-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

Carter out, Pronger back according to this:

http://www.csnphilly.com/04/21/11/Sa...509&feedID=704

Plus Ruff doing his usual playoff thing.

Cinerary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Cartsiephan*

How do you silence the Sabres fans and their coach, win game 4. Okay, so now it is just win game 5 at home.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 02:52 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
God I just want Pronger to murder someone.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 02:57 PM
cupfailure713

Kaleta is lucky that wasn't Pronger's elbow he ran into. His face would've exploded on impact.

cupfailure713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 03:23 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

So BuffaBLOW's coach Lady Fluff is whining about the Flyers whining...good one! The guy is about as transparant with his off ice antics as a pane of hockey glass..he needs to shut the RUFF up...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote