HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chat today

Old
04-20-2011, 03:44 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

vCash: 500
I have a fairly long "obvious keepers" list

The King, Callahan, Dubinsky, Staal, Boyle, Prust, Fedotenko, and (unrealistiically, but in my book Avery. The above guys keep me proud to be a Rangers fan. Always.
Even Avery.

Though Girardi has grown on me too, for a Shea Weber....

Gaborik, Wolski, and an entire draft year first for Nash?
We'll even throw in Frolov!!!! Prospal?? All of them, just give me a top 5 player to go with our top 1(of the rest) goalie.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Yeah, but you have to look at who is surrounding the player and the talent level(s). Nash has never had anything close to the support that Richards had in Tampa or in Dallas.
He wouldnt have much support here either, especially at center.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
I have a fairly long "obvious keepers" list

The King, Callahan, Dubinsky, Staal, Boyle, Prust, Fedotenko, and (unrealistiically, but in my book Avery. The above guys keep me proud to be a Rangers fan. Always.
Even Avery.

Though Girardi has grown on me too, for a Shea Weber....

Gaborik, Wolski, and an entire draft year first for Nash?
We'll even throw in Frolov!!!! Prospal?? All of them, just give me a top 5 player to go with our top 1(of the rest) goalie.
Im sure Columbus would be chomping at the bit to get rid of their franchise talent AND take on about $4MM of a cap hit. What a deal!

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 04:08 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
He wouldnt have much support here either, especially at center.
Better than CBJ.

haohmaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Id trade the moon and then some for him anyway, he is just that talented.
If he is that talented, why has he only had 70+ points once?

And what exactly do you mean by "the moon"?

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Nash is on one of the worst teams in the NHL. he gets paid 7.8 million because they need a face to the franchise to draw seats and that's what he is.

I wouldn't say Nash is better than Richards but i'm just saying I think he's better than what you're saying.
He's the face of the franchise. Okay. But he's still clearly overpaid. He should making closer to 6m than 8m.

I think Nash is a very good #1 RW. He's just not an "elite" player. He's had 1 season of more than 70 points. I really don't classify that as a player that is "elite".

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:12 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
He's the face of the franchise. Okay. But he's still clearly overpaid. He should making closer to 6m than 8m.

I think Nash is a very good #1 RW. He's just not an "elite" player. He's had 1 season of more than 70 points. I really don't classify that as a player that is "elite".
He hasn't had much to play with out in CLB. Put him with Brad Richards and you'll see him score 80 points. But yeah, "elite" to me is someone who does that on their own. A healthy Gaborik can do that. healthy...

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:16 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
He hasn't had much to play with out in CLB. Put him with Brad Richards and you'll see him score 80 points. But yeah, "elite" to me is someone who does that on their own. A healthy Gaborik can do that. healthy...
Eh, this season has really made me notice how one-dimensional Gaborik's game is... I'm leaning towards excluding him from the 'elite' category... I'm sure my opinion will be greatly influenced by what he does next season.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Also, didn't Columbus just draft Ryan Johansen with the 4th pick in the draft last year? I would presume they got him to center Nash. Why trade Nash away when you just drafted the missing piece to his puzzle? People have said that he could do alot more if he had an actual #1C on his line....
Rev
I don't know much about Johansen but he is definitely projected to be a 1st line center who can distribute the puck. The only thing that confuses me is he is also touted to be a power forward which is weird to have Nash and a Johansen as your top line. To me a power forward is always a winger, but hey there was Lindros-Leclair so maybe that's what they envision in a year or two? Either way they are trying to get someone to take the pressure off the face of their franchise, I don't see anyway Nash is moved and even if he is what do we have to offer? Dubinsky, Girardi, and Kreider? Columbus laughs in our face with that offer.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Elite players put up elite points. Crosby will put up 80-100+ points every season (barring injuries like this year) regardless of his linemates. Same with Ovechkin, and the other elites.

Nash is a great player, and I would love him on my team, at $6.5 million or less.

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:23 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
I don't see anyway Nash is moved and even if he is what do we have to offer? Dubinsky, Girardi, and Kreider? Columbus laughs in our face with that offer.
My thoughts are, when was the last time a team traded an elite level player that they were happy with and a player who had no issues with that organization? It just doesn't happen.... I see no reason why a team would trade us quality for quantity unless there were mitigating circumstances surrounding the player being traded to us (i.e. Heatley situation). Unrealistic for any fans to believe a team would just willingly move one of their best players that they're happy with, without asking for an overpayment coming their way. Under those circumstances, the Rangers would not stand to benefit that much from such a trade because we'd be losing NHL level assets in the process.... Free Agency is the best way to improve your team... Hello Brad Richards

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
My thoughts are, when was the last time a team traded an elite level player that they were happy with and a player who had no issues with that organization? It just doesn't happen.... I see no reason why a team would trade us quality for quantity unless there were mitigating circumstances surrounding the player being traded to us (i.e. Heatley situation). Unrealistic for any fans to believe a team would just willingly move one of their best players that they're happy with, without asking for an overpayment coming their way. Under those circumstances, the Rangers would not stand to benefit that much from such a trade because we'd be losing NHL level assets in the process.... Free Agency is the best way to improve your team... Hello Brad Richards
Wolf
I couldn't have said it better myself. The best way to improve this team is by adding an elite 1st line center who can run the PP (Fills two holes) and costs only money/cap space. Every team in the NHL would love to have Rick Nash, I have no issue with anyone who would want him here for next season. We just aren't going to get him and no one else is either.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:39 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 409 View Post
Elite players put up elite points. Crosby will put up 80-100+ points every season (barring injuries like this year) regardless of his linemates. Same with Ovechkin, and the other elites.

Nash is a great player, and I would love him on my team, at $6.5 million or less.
Yeah. my point was Gaborik has done this. Albeit only twice. While Nash has not. I think in the Olympics, Gaborik has 12 points to Nash's 6. Both have had two appearances (2006 2010). So by the numbers, Gaborik is more "elite" than Nash but is he really by that much? Health and consistency seem to be all that holds him back from earning such a title; two factors which are redoubtably closely linked.

edit: I also am of the thought that no way does Columbus consider trading Nash. Why would they? Unless Pittsburgh wants to swap Malkin for Nash straight up. But that is a discussion for another team's message board. From a CLB franchise's POV Nash > Staal. Nash > Gaborik. The only player > Nash on our team is Lundqvist. yeah, right? Makes no sense.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:47 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Well, Brookes talked about the potential for the Rangers to trade for Rick Nash in the offseason.

Don't remember reading it but for some reason Kreider, 1st, something was mentioned.
How awesome would that be? I just don't see them dealing him without finding some other Elite Marquee name to replace him.

How about the Pens make a real run without Geno and they decide to let him go.... now that's something I could see happening. They could restock their farm and picks and get some decent return to their roster...

Could we stomach the asking price?

Than of course there's wonder boy across the river who is definitely a Torts kind of guy.

04-21-2011, 09:50 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
So by the numbers, Gaborik is more "elite" than Nash but is he really by that much?
It's a tough choice... really both guys have the need of complimentary players around them. Nash is a game changer... but streaky.... sounds familiar

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Eh, this season has really made me notice how one-dimensional Gaborik's game is... I'm leaning towards excluding him from the 'elite' category... I'm sure my opinion will be greatly influenced by what he does next season.
he is elite when healthy, but he had a bad season. I still consider him elite

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Chief

Once the playoffs are over, I'm expecting the word to get out that Gaborik has been dealing with some sort of injury/health issue for much of this season. This is pure speculation on my part but this guy was one of the most electric goal scorers in the game prior to this season. I find it hard to believe that he lost it "overnight".

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote