HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Anaheim @ Nashville Game IV (Preds lead 2-1) The Gnomes are Watching Edition

Old
04-21-2011, 10:49 AM
roseyc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
yeah, Sully needs to watch the next game, put Wilson in, he's a big body and can score, 2 things we need.
I'll be surprised if Sully sits but I would. Trotz has his favorites and Sully is one of them. Dumont and Wilson are not.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 10:51 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm an eye for an eye guy. They targeted Erat with a cheap shot, and continuesly sleuth foot our players, we need to do they same. Let's see how strong 8's knees are at 40. That's the type of dick I am though.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:07 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I'll be surprised if Sully sits but I would. Trotz has his favorites and Sully is one of them. Dumont and Wilson are not.
Well, without Erat, I'm not sure how you sit Sully, have to go with JP and that appears unlikely. Now, if he goes with Ward/Leggy/Sully as a 2nd line Poile needs to be in his ear. Trotz or Peterson needs to have a nice chat with Wilson and explain to him this is his time to shine and get him on the ice with Leggy.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:40 AM
token grinder

i was referring to the in season play when we have been knocked down (in the standings, piss poor play a few games, etc) we have responded with great efforts and wins

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:48 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
We'll see if you're right but history tells me come playoff time with our backs against the wall we fold. Remember when Detroit targeted Zidlicky right out of the gate in Game 1 within the first 90 seconds and we did nothing to protect him or our other players? Anaheim has done the same thing to Erat since Game 1 and we did nothing. Hornqvist, even though a trash talker, has been mugged numerous times in front of our net after the whistle with no penalties called and no one backing him up. This is our MO and teams know this. We don't stand up for one another. As soon as Erat was knocked out of the game the first time Perry, Getzlaf or Selanne took the ice, since Ruutu wasn't, they should've been targeted and laid out themselves. If they're going to do it to us we need to do it right back to them because if we don't, they'll keep doing it until we are out of players. It's like Sean Connery said in "The Untouchables", they send one of our guys to the hospital we send one of theirs to the morgue. Granted, that's a bit over the top but it's the same point.

And if you mean responded by quitting last night not so sure I agree. They flat out quit after going down 4-3 and most definitely called it in once it was 6-3. I was livid and still am. It's the freaking playoffs and we gave them all the momentum as opposed to trying to get some back before game 5. Now we have to wait til game 5 to prove what we're worth. I hope they prove me wrong. I really do. I will have no problem eating crow, not literally of course....lol. They need to show up and come flying out of the shoot as soon as the puck drops and if Erat isn't in the lineup Friday night, one of their top 4 forwards needs to be taken out before the game ends and if it means Tootoo or someone else gets suspended so be it.
You do realize retaliation is for the regular season and not playoffs? Did Pitt retaliate on the Downie hit? Did Chicago retaliate on the Seabrook hit? Point being, you are supposed to take advantage of the PP and make it hurt them on the SCOREBOARD.

I would LOVE for our guys to take runs at Perry and Getzlaf. But we want to win on the scoreboard, not take stupid penalties and give their deadly PP another chance to score.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:13 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
I'm an eye for an eye guy. They targeted Erat with a cheap shot, and continuesly sleuth foot our players, we need to do they same. Let's see how strong 8's knees are at 40. That's the type of dick I am though.
Ruutu exploited a serious combined flaw in how the NHL approaches justice and how the Predators conduct a power play. The Ducks would be well rewarded by taking runs at our players because the NHL's justice mechanism can't account for the inequitable nature of a Ruutu suspension offset by an extended Erat absence.

That leaves it up to the Predators to make up the injust results by scoring on the power play. While we scored on this particular power play, history would suggest that on a consistent basis, they'd lose a less talented player, we'd lose a more talented player, and we'd have no goal to show for the net talent deficit we'd experience.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
You do realize retaliation is for the regular season and not playoffs? Did Pitt retaliate on the Downie hit? Did Chicago retaliate on the Seabrook hit? Point being, you are supposed to take advantage of the PP and make it hurt them on the SCOREBOARD.

I would LOVE for our guys to take runs at Perry and Getzlaf. But we want to win on the scoreboard, not take stupid penalties and give their deadly PP another chance to score.
Agreed. I realize that people are upset, but losing your cool does not help at all. By sinking to their level, you are letting them win. We need to rise above it.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:32 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause;32549138[B
]Ruutu exploited a serious combined flaw in how the NHL approaches justice [/B]and how the Predators conduct a power play. The Ducks would be well rewarded by taking runs at our players because the NHL's justice mechanism can't account for the inequitable nature of a Ruutu suspension offset by an extended Erat absence.

That leaves it up to the Predators to make up the injust results by scoring on the power play. While we scored on this particular power play, history would suggest that on a consistent basis, they'd lose a less talented player, we'd lose a more talented player, and we'd have no goal to show for the net talent deficit we'd experience.
This......call up someone from milwukee.... have him run at perry, ryan and selanne....all night until he gets tossed. and then run our 3 lines.

that's the way the ducks are playing.... using spare parts that they can do without.

i don't like it either, but...........

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Tennman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Agreed. I realize that people are upset, but losing your cool does not help at all. By sinking to their level, you are letting them win. We need to rise above it.
There is a difference between losing your cool and standing up for yourself and your teammates. There is a time to send a message. We have been pushed around time and time again. The sharks did it to us the ducks are doing it and if we win this series the canucks will do it.

Tennman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Sirquacksalot
Raging Boner

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Blake goes down, looks up at the ref and then embellishes that he's really hurt only to be back on the ice for the 4 min PP against us on Ward?

Embellished.

Sirquacksalot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Legionnaire11

Hordichuk would look good in a Preds sweater right now...

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:49 PM
wadesworld

Last night was a total disaster in all phases of the game.

What I couldn't believe was how bad our passing was. How many times did we have a good zone entry setup, only to give it away on a bad pass? (Answer: the vast majority of times). I'm not talking about an interception. Rather just guys not looking at the puck, pucks hopping over sticks, etc.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:49 PM
JoeDaddio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
What a faker.

joe

JoeDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:56 PM
OpenWheel

Compared to Erat's smashed mouth, it looks like he picked at a zit on his nose.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennman View Post
There is a difference between losing your cool and standing up for yourself and your teammates. There is a time to send a message. We have been pushed around time and time again. The sharks did it to us the ducks are doing it and if we win this series the canucks will do it.
No, this isn't the time to send a message. If you want to send a message, play the game you're good at and win the game the way you know how. If you try to be something you're not, you will lose. Saying we should goon it up next game essentially means you have already given up on the series.

Old
04-21-2011, 12:59 PM
OpenWheel

Pisses me off to see Trotz going down with the ship of his old favorites with better players as healthy scratches. But it is what it is. He'd rather make a point 'for the future' than win now, if he feels a young player isn't totally awesome at all times. Sullivan had nothing to do with the playoff run and shouldn't be on the ice over a Wilson, maybe not even over Dumont. But I'm one who felt Dumont still has something left inthe tank, and could score for us.

They can still take this though. It's uphill now but very doable. Win at home and also take one out of two on their ice. I still feel like we have a good chance. I'd like Wilson and maybe even Dumont, to play, especially Wilson who should have been playing after maybe being yanked for a game to get his attention. Wilson even said he's ready to drive the net now...

Last edited by OpenWheel: 04-21-2011 at 02:26 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:01 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

The rule doesn't ****ing state that if the player is bloodied it's a four minute penalty. It says injured. Blake wasn't ****ing injured. If the little ******* ***** wants to cry about bleeding, fine, but he needs to hang his skates up and bust out the EZ Bake Oven.

/rant

Doesn't suck any less the next day, but at least my head is clear.

Yes last night I was overreacting, but I'm pretty sure I even admitted to as much. Today it's on to thinking about why we lost this one, how we can fix it, and moving on to the next one.

It's obvious that the next game is a must win for us. We obviously have to take one on their home ice to advance, and I don't think we take a game seven against these ****ing goons. We won't have any players left by then. Not only do we need a win, but we need to statement win. Not on the scoreboard necessarily, but on the ice. We need to play like we did in games 1 and 3. Out hit, out shoot, out coach, out skate, out work, simply out play these cheap shot artists.

Klein and Ward are not to blame for the loss, but their play on one of Anaheim's goals perfectly illustrates why we lost. Sloppy play with the puck in our own zone, bad decision making, and Rinne not being Rinne. It's really that simple if you ask me.

Anyway... on to game 5 I guess.... can't wait to see the Anaheim trolls come around these boards now. I wish I could ignore an entire forum

edit: as for having guys take runs at one or more of their big guns, I cannot condone that, but if it happens I'll just turn a blind eye. One good turn deserves another sometimes, and right now Anaheim is on their ninth turn...

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:23 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I rewatch the game again. The SOB penalty against Marchant. Marchant was diving. Murray strategy worked. Ward whiffed on the clearout and Rinne was screened nobody clears the net.The second goal Klein ran into Hornqvist which caused the puck to be stolen by Blake and then Koivu scores on the rebound. What a clamity! Great play by the Fisher line after the timeout and they had great rush and great passing first period 2-1. Ruttu hits Erat and nothing answered. Trotz doesn't believe in it. Ward tips a Franson shot and we are tied. But Ward did a stupid penalty. He slashed and high sticked and we almost killed the penalty but Selanne strikes again. We can't stop him. Great play by Klein feeding Halischuk. End of the second period 3-3. We had two pp at the end of the period that carried over into the 3rd both looked like we were exhausted. We looked discombobulated and Perry scores shorthanded. Klein falls down and now he's out of the play and throws his stick for a penalty Getzlaf scores on the delayed penalty. Then McMillian turns Franson around like a spinning top and game set match. ....
That's what sucked so bad about last night (among 50 other things that sucked)...EVERY SINGLE big turnover ended up in the back of our net. Every one! That is so disheartening to the team and the crowd too. If one of those early big turnovers had led to a huge save by Peks instead of a goal it might've been a different game...we just couldn't get ANY momentum...

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:25 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
HA. I vote for taking out a player on their big line. Selanne is the only Duck that's gonna escape this series with a shred of dignity left in my mind. He's the only one I have any respect for anymore.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Bwaahahahahaha!!!!
1) We ALREADY are letting them win.
2) It's undoubtedly working for them.

On a completely unrelated note: I'm happy to see some fiddles survived last year's fires in Rome.

Sullivan out. Erat to IR. Wilson in. DuMont in.

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveTheTeamAlready View Post
Bwaahahahahaha!!!!
1) We ALREADY are letting them win.
2) It's undoubtedly working for them.

On a completely unrelated note: I'm happy to see some fiddles survived last year's fires in Rome.

Sullivan out. Erat to IR. Wilson in. DuMont in.
So you're plan is to try and imitate the way they play the game? Good luck with that. Let me know how it turns out.

We can beat these guys if we can play up to our standards, the way we know how. If we try to turn their game around on them, it is a GUARANTEED loss. Anaheim would absolutely love for us to do this. That is how they win games.

Old
04-21-2011, 01:51 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Wow, that sounds just like Trotz.

"It doesn't matter that they've taken out one of our best players let's not stand up for one another"

Old
04-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Wow, that sounds just like Trotz.

"It doesn't matter that they've taken out one of our best players let's not stand up for one another"
What people are describing is not "standing up for one another." And if they are, they are going about it the wrong way.

Old
04-21-2011, 02:35 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

If a guy is hitting you with a crowbar in a fight you don't fight with your fist because it's fair, you pick up a bat...

Old
04-21-2011, 02:39 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I feel like a red sox fan pre '04
Sounds about right but God damn when you win. Oh baby is it worth it.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote