HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anaheim @ Nashville Game IV (Preds lead 2-1) The Gnomes are Watching Edition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2011, 04:00 PM
  #276
utmfisher19
Registered User
 
utmfisher19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nashville, Tn
Country: United States
Posts: 937
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
If a guy is hitting you with a crowbar in a fight you don't fight with your fist because it's fair, you pick up a bat...
all good if we were playing to win a fight in the bar, but we are trying to win hockey games...

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 04:04 PM
  #277
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
If a guy is hitting you with a crowbar in a fight you don't fight with your fist because it's fair, you pick up a bat...
The time for "payback" should have been immediately after the play happened. Why didn't anyone stick up for Erat then? Doing something about it now will do no good.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 04:08 PM
  #278
preds1
Registered User
 
preds1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Selanne is the only Duck that's gonna escape this series with a shred of dignity left in my mind. He's the only one I have any respect for anymore.
Yep. No respect for this team AT ALL, outside of Selanne.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 04:52 PM
  #279
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
all good if we were playing to win a fight in the bar, but we are trying to win hockey games...
yeah, how did that work out for us?

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:02 PM
  #280
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
So you're plan is to try and imitate the way they play the game? Good luck with that. Let me know how it turns out.

We can beat these guys if we can play up to our standards, the way we know how. If we try to turn their game around on them, it is a GUARANTEED loss. Anaheim would absolutely love for us to do this. That is how they win games.
I agree completely. All the talk about penalties is for the losers. Last game them, this game us. We win by playing team defense from start to finish from top to bottom. We know we can score on an injured Emery and lame Duck defense. Can we actually play Predators hockey twice more like Game 1 and Game 3? If so, we win the series. Everything else is just a side show.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:17 PM
  #281
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,190
vCash: 500
you guys do know they have to win two more games to advance as well, right? it isn't like we have to win game 5. we come home, win game 6 and have all the momentum for game seven. or god forbid, we find a way to pull out game five, and run them out of our barn in game six.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:40 PM
  #282
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
all good if we were playing to win a fight in the bar, but we are trying to win hockey games...
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
You do realize retaliation is for the regular season and not playoffs? Did Pitt retaliate on the Downie hit? Did Chicago retaliate on the Seabrook hit? Point being, you are supposed to take advantage of the PP and make it hurt them on the SCOREBOARD.

I would LOVE for our guys to take runs at Perry and Getzlaf. But we want to win on the scoreboard, not take stupid penalties and give their deadly PP another chance to score.
I understand what you're saying but when they've targeted Erat from the very first game and have now knocked him out, at what point do you stand idly by and take it? Losing Erat hurts our chances to win the game. Well, take one of Perry, Selanne and Getzlaf and it evens things up a bit. Losing a Tootoo or a Ruutu for them isn't going to change the balance of the series but when you lose your top guys it has an effect. They targeted one of our big guns, we need to target theirs. You never let your guys get beat up like that. Once I can see but continually thru a series, hell no.

And tell me why Ruutu played only the PK after the Erat hit? It was dirty and he knew he'd have to answer the bell for what he did. And sometimes you have to win some battles along the way to win the war but we lost the battle and now the war is shifting in their favor. If they knew they had to look over their shoulder when they had the puck it might help but they know they can get away with slew foots and blind side hits because we won't do anything.

And here's something, we never do anything in the regular season either so this isn't news to any of us, it's a trend. It's been going on for years. Remember Trotz taking names, what happened the next time we played Anaheim, nothing. So let's have our guys get run and out for numerous games and get killed in front of the net and so forth but let's be gentlemen about it. I'm tired of our team being polite. We had a chance to send a message last night to them but instead we quit on the ice and to be honest, I'm not sure which ticks me off more, quitting or not standing up for a fallen teammate.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:05 PM
  #283
Tennman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mt. Juliet, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
No, this isn't the time to send a message. If you want to send a message, play the game you're good at and win the game the way you know how. If you try to be something you're not, you will lose. Saying we should goon it up next game essentially means you have already given up on the series.
I'm saying they should have sent a message when the game was 6-3. If you want to turn the other cheek I guess you are a better man than I am. If someone punches me in the face I'm going to punch back.

Tennman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:12 PM
  #284
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennman View Post
I'm saying they should have sent a message when the game was 6-3. If you want to turn the other cheek I guess you are a better man than I am. If someone punches me in the face I'm going to punch back.
I can agree to this. I would have liked to see them show a little more emotion last game after it was 6-3. But carrying that reckless emotion into game 5 is what I disagree with and what most people here seem to want.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:35 AM
  #285
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I understand what you're saying but when they've targeted Erat from the very first game and have now knocked him out, at what point do you stand idly by and take it? Losing Erat hurts our chances to win the game. Well, take one of Perry, Selanne and Getzlaf and it evens things up a bit. Losing a Tootoo or a Ruutu for them isn't going to change the balance of the series but when you lose your top guys it has an effect. They targeted one of our big guns, we need to target theirs. You never let your guys get beat up like that. Once I can see but continually thru a series, hell no.

And tell me why Ruutu played only the PK after the Erat hit? It was dirty and he knew he'd have to answer the bell for what he did. And sometimes you have to win some battles along the way to win the war but we lost the battle and now the war is shifting in their favor. If they knew they had to look over their shoulder when they had the puck it might help but they know they can get away with slew foots and blind side hits because we won't do anything.

And here's something, we never do anything in the regular season either so this isn't news to any of us, it's a trend. It's been going on for years. Remember Trotz taking names, what happened the next time we played Anaheim, nothing. So let's have our guys get run and out for numerous games and get killed in front of the net and so forth but let's be gentlemen about it. I'm tired of our team being polite. We had a chance to send a message last night to them but instead we quit on the ice and to be honest, I'm not sure which ticks me off more, quitting or not standing up for a fallen teammate.
Why can't we hit Selanne? He's not a fighter and like Erat if you hit him he will go down. That a way if they want to play that kind of game. Instead of Ryan stomping Blum and Perry punching on Sk in the face and Erat getting hit with the butt end of the stick in the mouth and now Erat basically targeted. Marchant diving and Blake acted like he hit with a baseball bat instead of a tap by Ward. This reminds me of the Sharks series ago when Wilson complained and the penalties started going his way and now Murray speaks and then the penalties start going the Ducks way


Last edited by roseyc: 04-22-2011 at 01:42 AM. Reason: not finished
roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.