HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs -Round 1- (5) Nashville Predators 4 vs (4) Anaheim Ducks 2

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2011, 04:09 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
blah blah blah. you sound like my damn wife.
At least I didn't scream out your whole name using your middle name.

Old
04-20-2011, 07:37 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Has Carlyle ever taken a debate course or something similar?

Just saw an interview with him and all he spouts is "Watch the video!" "Uh coach I've watched the video can you tell me where in the vi..." "Watch the video!"

Old
04-21-2011, 09:48 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I hope I'm wrong, but this feels like last year all over again.

Old
04-21-2011, 10:23 AM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Despite being extremely depressed today, I have to comment on how amazing our city is. Obviously, Vince and Carrie playing together during intermission is something that can only happen in Nashville. But what's so special about it is that they would have been at the game ANYWAY, had they not been performing. I sat right near Vince Gill and even though the fans were flooding the exits with 10 minutes left, Vince stayed until the buzzer and was heckling Emery through the gaps in the glass. It was amazing to see. I mean he was really going after Emery...yelling and banging on the glass.

I love Nashville.

Old
04-21-2011, 10:40 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I hope I'm wrong, but this feels like last year all over again.
agreed... and they'll be some injury excuse or "we ran into a hot team"

Old
04-21-2011, 11:01 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
Despite being extremely depressed today, I have to comment on how amazing our city is. Obviously, Vince and Carrie playing together during intermission is something that can only happen in Nashville. But what's so special about it is that they would have been at the game ANYWAY, had they not been performing. I sat right near Vince Gill and even though the fans were flooding the exits with 10 minutes left, Vince stayed until the buzzer and was heckling Emery through the gaps in the glass. It was amazing to see. I mean he was really going after Emery...yelling and banging on the glass.

I love Nashville.
I love it!

So, who's up to bat for the next GDT? I still toss my hat into the ring.

Old
04-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Jonesey
KCCO

Same here

Old
04-21-2011, 11:13 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
extremely disappointed.

on 3 fronts:

1. 3 times Ive gone all in on the Preds with my vBookie and all 3 times theyve been blown out.

2. Rinne has been our savior all season and good but not playoff great in the postseason.

3. That choke job in the 3rd last night was absolutely inexcusable. I cant believe we arent up in this series because, Im gonna say it, I dont think the Ducks are even that good. We just whizzed away home ice advantage and possible the series.

-still feeling emotions from last night, I need to go chill out.

Old
04-21-2011, 11:39 AM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
I love it!

So, who's up to bat for the next GDT? I still toss my hat into the ring.
Ive never done one, but Im feeling it this time!!

Old
04-21-2011, 01:38 PM
AEM6729

I still want to know WTF happened last night. I mean, I just can't believe how terrible we were! WHY?! I know we weren't passing well, Rinne sucked, blah blah...but why?? Was it...

1. Trotz has been overplaying Rinne, Suter, Weber and our top 2-2.5 lines all year and now they've got nothing left?

2. We simply don't have the talent to win in the playoffs and our wins thus far have just been smoke and mirrors, and we will never have the talent to win in the playoffs b/c we will always be a mid-level cap team so there's no point in getting emotionally involved in the playoffs ever? (Wow that one is depressing.)

3. We were scared of getting penalties called on us so we backed off the forecheck and physical play?

4. We got cocky and thought Anaheim would suck like they did in Game 3, and when they didn't we didn't know what to do?

5. Some combination of our "best" players (Sully being one we know of for sure) aren't at 100%, while some players that are...like Wilson...are healthy scratches?

6. We have no killer instinct whatsoever, whether it be due to poor coaching, lack of experience, etc?

7. Is this all Lady Gaga's fault?

It's probably a combination of all of the above. I just don't understand how we can be so dominant in some games and so terrible in others. Losing hard-faught games, fine...not even showing up like we did last night, NOT fine. I don't get it!

Old
04-21-2011, 01:50 PM
braindead

Why were the Ducks so bad Sunday? The truth is that they came out strong and scored first on a couple of horrible plays and it snowballed. We dominated on Sunday and they responded.

All that matters is that we are capable of winning 2 of 3 from them. Should, in fact, win two of three because the karate kid can't stop enough of our shots. The Preds will lose, however, if they can't correctly play the system that got them here. We play team defense. We hold the best teams in the league to 0 or 1 or 2 goals when we play it correctly. We did that in Game 1, much of Game 2, and Game 3 (without regard to the score). We failed completely at it last night for a full 60 minutes.

I personally don't feel like we have seen this movie before. This year, against this team with that defense and goalie, we should win. In years past, we could win. Big difference to me if we fail this year and big reason why I think we won't fail this year.

Old
04-21-2011, 02:39 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Quote:
nhl.com
Ducks coach Randy Carlyle said that after reviewing video of the hit, he thought the hit was neither a penalty nor dirty.

Quote:
"You never know with what's going on," Carlyle said on Wednesday night as to whether Ruutu might be suspended for the hit. "We reviewed it. I didn't see any direct blow to the head. It was shoulder-on shoulder. I don't even really think there should've been a penalty called because we timed it at 16:04 (remaining in the period). Erat moved the puck and at 16:03 he was laying on the ice. So there wasn't a second, it wasn't a late hit. He just took the body. It was shoulder-on-shoulder. And I don't know what you guys saw. I didn't see a shoulder driven to the head or anything."
I'm really starting to hate this guy.

Old
04-21-2011, 02:40 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

.nm.

Last edited by ZombPred: 04-21-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: double post
Old
04-21-2011, 03:33 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
Ducks coach Randy Carlyle said that after reviewing video of the hit, he thought the hit was neither a penalty nor dirty.

I'm really starting to hate this guy.
I think he is right.

Old
04-21-2011, 03:36 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I've never done a GDT. Can I get a call up for the play offs? I'll even try to add all of the fancy stats and stuff

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 04-21-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old
04-21-2011, 03:46 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I think he is right.
It was clearly a penalty. Their coach is lying to play to the officials, just like he did with his diving whine. Erat took over two full strides after releasing the puck while Ruutu also took strides and veered intending to hit Erat even with knowledge the puck was gone in plenty of time, he was hunting that hit, illegally. Refs were blind not to call it right away.

It wasn't vicious though. The shoulder just happened to catch Erat right on the side of the head or jaw because he was sort of hunched over. Ruutu didn't seem to finish with his full force, I think because he knew he was going to catch him there.

But I am getting tired of those saying "I've looked at every angle and it looks shoulder to shoulder" and others who say "I can't tell"... When every single angle shows Ruutu's shoulder catching Erat between the shoulder and the helmet, in other words - the head. But it's not like Ruutu raised way up to get him there, he just intended to finish up there a litle bit I think.

Not really vicious though, just a standard penalty isn't a terrible call. Just a shame for Erat, and the Preds.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 04-21-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old
04-21-2011, 04:07 PM
braindead

Sorry, I don't agree. Players regularly get hit within that range of letting go of the puck. Preds-- Tootoo, Smithson and Fisher particularly-- regularly hit in that window.

And when I watch the video I see shoulder to shoulder (chest/shoulder) first with the followup maybe snapping his head around. I hate that Erat got hurt and I really, really hate head shots but I don't think it was a bad play. Sorry I'm defending the guys we hate.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:12 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Sorry, I don't agree. Players regularly get hit within that range of letting go of the puck. Preds-- Tootoo, Smithson and Fisher particularly-- regularly hit in that window.

And when I watch the video I see shoulder to shoulder (chest/shoulder) first with the followup maybe snapping his head around. I hate that Erat got hurt and I really, really hate head shots but I don't think it was a bad play. Sorry I'm defending the guys we hate.
Who are you? John Adams?

(sorry I'm re-watching the HBO miniseries)

Old
04-21-2011, 04:16 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

If no one objects to me taking the GDT for tomorrow I already have a theme, the play off stats for both teams, and I"m debating on whether or not to add our advanced stats. It's a time issue so the sooner I know if it's all right the more likely I am to have them

Old
04-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Well, the sun came up today....

I have no problem with the Ruutu-Erat hit.

AEM, I feel like it's #3 from your list.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:31 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Who are you? John Adams?

(sorry I'm re-watching the HBO miniseries)
Warren effing Harding!

Old
04-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

Quote:
If no one objects to me taking the GDT for tomorrow I already have a theme, the play off stats for both teams, and I"m debating on whether or not to add our advanced stats. It's a time issue so the sooner I know if it's all right the more likely I am to have them
you have my blessing, if that counts.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:34 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
you have my blessing, if that counts.
I noticed you and golf both tossed your hats in, so I didn't want to preempt either of you

Old
04-21-2011, 04:37 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
MY vote is PredsChik. She has been clutch all year (though not sure who made the most recent ones.....)

Old
04-21-2011, 05:04 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Fine by me

Closed Thread