HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

In praise of Shane O'Brien.

Old
04-20-2011, 08:23 PM
nine_inch_fang

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Anyone else wanna defend this ****ing retard?
I really wish i could because it was close to not being a penalty. meaning had he pulled up in the least and let the duck "hit him" then no penalty but that's not what happened. he just had to throw out the hands and guarantee it'd be called.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 08:29 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
It just always seems that this meathead commits a needless penalty at the worst possible moment. I hate him. Then theyinterview him on the bench.... F-ng meathead.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 08:29 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
One would hope he'd do that verbally and not by taking dumb penalties.
[Bobby Boucher] M-my mama always said that a-actions speak l-louda than w-w-w-words. [/Bobby Boucher]

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

SOB is a SOB

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 10:04 PM
CloakroomCrusader

What a royal **** up of a player for the last 30-ish games. Can we get the SOB of before Christmas back please?

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:58 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

edit: I guess challenging hockey players to fist fights at specified times and locations isn't a good idea... I still hate you, SOB. I hope you read this so you know that the moment you leave Nashville I will celebrate, you stupid *****

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 04-21-2011 at 01:32 AM.
ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:45 AM
Slapshot_11

Cant say we didn't tell you so

Slapshot_11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:53 AM
Crows*

I don't wanna say I told you so... but.. I told you so.

From a canuck fan to all of preds nation.. I am truly sorry vancouver dealt that clown to you guys. Dumbest player i've ever watched.

Crows* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 02:37 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I told you so isn't really fitting right now considering he has been this way for a while now, but yeah... you guys were certainly right. To the letter of the accusations, too. This guy is killing us...

Old
04-21-2011, 02:46 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I admit he took another stupid penalty tonight, but not as stupid as Ward's. Also, SOB is not the reason we lost the game. We had worse players out there on the ice.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 04:10 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Because it was all Shane O'Brien's fault we lost the game. He wasn't on the ice for one single goal tonight but it's all his fault.

He didn't fail to clear the puck twice while having full control or turn it over inside the circles, but it was all his fault.

That was a collective suck effort from the goal out.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:38 AM
NugentHopkinsfan

Wow the last two pages are examples of things I said during his time in Vancouver. There will always be those who defend him and think he can change but it will not happen. He has all the tools to be a very good player but it's his immature, selfish, at times lazy attitude that get him in trouble and he doesn't learn.

I love the Bobby Orr example I used to say the same thing! just stay at home, clear the puck off the glass, play between whistles, take the body when it makes sense, no need to rush the puck or get caught up ice! seems so simple but he just can't do it.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:39 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
:

Suter probably played the worst game of his career (and O'Brien really well) and yet I come on here and there is SOB bashing.

Watch the game with a non-biased eye people...

SOB was a beast last night on the PK (which Weber was not, at all) and was the only one to SUCCESSFULLY break up any sort of cycle with any physical play.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:59 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
:

Suter probably played the worst game of his career (and O'Brien really well) and yet I come on here and there is SOB bashing.

Watch the game with a non-biased eye people...

SOB was a beast last night on the PK (which Weber was not, at all) and was the only one to SUCCESSFULLY break up any sort of cycle with any physical play.
I agree, other than his 1 stupid penalty, he was one of the better players out there last night. I don't understand the hate for him, from last night's game only.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:07 AM
LoveMyLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
Because it was all Shane O'Brien's fault we lost the game. He wasn't on the ice for one single goal tonight but it's all his fault.

He didn't fail to clear the puck twice while having full control or turn it over inside the circles, but it was all his fault.

That was a collective suck effort from the goal out.

This was exactly what I came here to say

LoveMyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 10:42 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

SOB with 6 minor penalties in 4 playoff games. Most of any player in the playoffs. He's a ****ing moron.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:33 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
SOB with 6 minor penalties in 4 playoff games. Most of any player in the playoffs. He's a ****ing moron.
I guess I should suggest watching European hockey. There is no physical play there.

It is funny: when our team plays soft and doesn't take penalties, everyone complains that we aren't physical enough. But when we play physical and take a few penalties here and there, everyone complains about how stupid the penalties are.

Make up your minds.

IMO, the way O'Brien has played this ENTIRE series is the way you should play. I love the way both him and Weber have been physically.

Old
04-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

We had a similar thread in the Vancouver Canucks section last post-season.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:02 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
I guess I should suggest watching European hockey. There is no physical play there.

It is funny: when our team plays soft and doesn't take penalties, everyone complains that we aren't physical enough. But when we play physical and take a few penalties here and there, everyone complains about how stupid the penalties are.

Make up your minds.

IMO, the way O'Brien has played this ENTIRE series is the way you should play. I love the way both him and Weber have been physically.
Yeah, the difference is Weber has 1 penalty, SOB has 6! (depite playing about 1/2 as much).

And I haven't really noticed SOB out there smoking fools. He's a big, dumb oaf out there.

Old
04-21-2011, 05:05 PM
utmfisher19

Quote:
Yeah, the difference is Weber has 1 penalty, SOB has 6! (depite playing about 1/2 as much).

And I haven't really noticed SOB out there smoking fools. He's a big, dumb oaf out there.
You are also comparing a guy that is known as one of the top 5 dmen in the game to a bottom pairing guy...

Old
04-21-2011, 05:20 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

The thing that pisses me off the most about O'Brien is his silly little grin every time he takes a penalty. It could be the most blatant penalty ever, and he will still have that dumb grin like he's thinking "what'd I do?!" That and the fact that Anaheim seems to score one every. single. freakin'. SOB penalty

Old
04-21-2011, 07:02 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
And I haven't really noticed SOB out there smoking fools.
He's been smoking something.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 07:06 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
You are also comparing a guy that is known as one of the top 5 dmen in the game to a bottom pairing guy...
Quote:
I love the way both him and Weber have been physically.
You're the one who brought up Weber and they're "physical" play. I'm simply saying there's a right way to do it, and a wrong way. SOB is a prime example of the wrong way. I honestly don't know why I'm arguing with you.

He's the most penalized player in the playoffs, and not all of his penalties have been where he's hitting. He's not been that physical, in fact, I can hardly remember a hard check that he's laid. He talks a bunch of ****, grins, and acts like a jackass out there, then put his team a man down.

Old
04-21-2011, 10:07 PM
utmfisher19

Quote:
You're the one who brought up Weber and they're "physical" play. I'm simply saying there's a right way to do it, and a wrong way. SOB is a prime example of the wrong way. I honestly don't know why I'm arguing with you.

He's the most penalized player in the playoffs, and not all of his penalties have been where he's hitting. He's not been that physical, in fact, I can hardly remember a hard check that he's laid. He talks a bunch of ****, grins, and acts like a jackass out there, then put his team a man down.
Yeah, I compared their physicality, not their defensive finesse. Interesting that you seem to be grasping at straws to prove your non-point.

About your last point: Funny since a guy that hasn't seen one game this year watched highlights of our best hits (shown on Fox Sports South) the other night at my house and said, "Man, 55 is in every single hit they show."

Guess that says something about your bias...

Old
04-22-2011, 03:11 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
One pebble can start an avalanche.

O'Brien's bonehead penalty created the goal that put is in a hole in the first place, which resulted in us chasing Anaheim for 55+ minutes of that game. You're not going to win too many playoff games that way. A lot of guys did not play well, but the psychology (and performance) of the team would be radically different had we not given up the first goal, and we wouldn't have allowed the second goal that came right on its heels, either. To be down 2-0 in a playoff game not even five minutes in, even if you're able to pull one back quickly like we did, is incredibly difficult to come back from unless the other team just quits caring. You have to chase and press and take risks, and that leads to mistakes that run-and-gun teams like Anaheim can and will easily exploit. Even if O'Brien played well the rest of the night, the one bad decision he made put all the pressure on us from the outset.

If O'Brien keeps his head in the game and pays attention to what he's doing, we could be talking about a completely different hockey game. Hell, we could be talking about a completely different series if he didn't take that unnecessary slashing penalty in Game Two. But he didn't, and here we are, in an all-too-familiar situation, going back to Anaheim to face a Ducks team with all the momentum.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 04-22-2011 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Redundant
worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote