HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Where is the line drawn with these refs?

Old
04-21-2011, 11:49 AM
MAYO

vCash: 500
Does anyone have a video link showing the ref getting in Dubi's way?!?! I want to show a few Habs fans here at work.

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

my problem with the refs were the non blown whistles, which, lets be real when the goalie puts his glove over the puck its almost always immediately blown dead, but, more specifically, the ref skating directly into Dubinskys path...when you watch the replay, the ref is to Dubinskys left at the time the puck is released, giving Dubi a wide open lane to the puck, and into the zone with the ref being about 8-10 feet away from the boards. ref skates right into Dubinskys path instead, breaking up a 2 on 0....2 on 0!!!!!!!!!! how can you not be pissed at that? if the ref had stood still, or skated directly backwards, or skated away from the puck, he woulda been fine, but he skated directly into the path of the puck, and thats what pisses me off.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:58 PM
iamthewalrus

vCash: 920
http://www.daylife.com/photo/01kOdjM...__site=daylife

http://i.imgur.com/QzDzg.png

iamthewalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:24 PM
manifesty

Anybody have a video of the ref getting in Dubi's way?

manifesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:33 PM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

I gotta wonder if Devorski at least apologized.

I remember hearing Mcreary mic'd up once talking to the players like children "Oh, don't you curse at ME!!"

There was NO excuse for Devorski getting in the way like that. Avery shoulda finished his check later on.

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Oh who are we kidding they would have probably messed up that 2 on 0 by overpassing and not even getting a shot off

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:44 PM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Oh who are we kidding they would have probably messed up that 2 on 0 by overpassing and not even getting a shot off

No, Gaborik would have stolen it from Dubi and hit Hank in the collarbone then went bar down.

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Ice Hockey

blowing a 3-0 lead in the third period is inexcusable. there's no other word for it. the ref getting in dubinksi's way and not even attempting to move is also inexcusable.

i'd bet my left nut if it was ovy firing up the wing with the puck, that same ref would be sure he was at least 3 feet clear of him well ahead of time... and ovy is faster than dubi. why did he not move and why was he awkwardly near the linesman, a few FEET out from the boards? of what was he thinking? that replay dumbfounded me.

the "missed" crosscheck on staal from behind angered me. i thought a whistle COULD have been blown when henrik covered the puck but that was a coin toss and didn't go in our favor... and i'd have to look at a replay but i thought fedetenko got tripped.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
my problem with the refs were the non blown whistles, which, lets be real when the goalie puts his glove over the puck its almost always immediately blown dead, but, more specifically, the ref skating directly into Dubinskys path...when you watch the replay, the ref is to Dubinskys left at the time the puck is released, giving Dubi a wide open lane to the puck, and into the zone with the ref being about 8-10 feet away from the boards. ref skates right into Dubinskys path instead, breaking up a 2 on 0....2 on 0!!!!!!!!!! how can you not be pissed at that? if the ref had stood still, or skated directly backwards, or skated away from the puck, he woulda been fine, but he skated directly into the path of the puck, and thats what pisses me off.
I am still livid about this. I really don't see how he should be allowed to officiate another game. That was joke, whether or not the Rangers deserve the win is besides the point here that's an embarrassment.

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:56 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I said MOST, not ALL. Reading comprehension FAIL.

And I'll take some money because after the 1-0 Boston win I said they were lucky to get that win because on that goal there were at least two plays that should have led to whistles and canceled out that goal.

That isn't really the issue. The issue is that when the same exact play happened at the other end (twice in the series) the whistle was blown much faster.

Again its all about consistency, if the other goalie is getting those calls the Rangers should be getting them as well. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me.
My response was to the original poster who said it was fixed. Where did I say ALL?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 01:59 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

The calls were fine, Rangers PP sucks anyway. It was that 2 on 0 that really pissed me off. I've never seen two referees in the same spot like that and he didn't even make an attempt to get out of the way when there was a guy clearly next to him.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 02:02 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Not to mention two instances where the puck was clearly not covered by the caps goalie but yet a whistle was blown.

Those are the types of inconsistencies that should be addressed.
Instead of complaining, why not tell us how to make the ref situation better, unless you believe the league desires inept refs.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Imagine Jack Edwards calling the Davorski-Dubi incident. I am sure he would be calling for Davorski's head whilst pissing himself in the booth

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Instead of complaining, why not tell us how to make the ref situation better, unless you believe the league desires inept refs.
Do refs ever get fined for doing something stupid like the players can?

Old
04-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Ice Hockey

will someone please post a video of that waste of life referee blocking dubi?

Old
04-21-2011, 05:06 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Dubi getting picked by Devorski was the only major issue I had. I don't think the refs in high school league ever obstructed a play like that before. That was as embarassingly unprofessional as can be imagined. a 2 on 0 breakaway! I don't think I've seen one of those by the Rangers in 10 years let alone in the playoffs. Has the NHL or Torts made any comments about the incident? A public apology or acknowledgement? yeah right.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Ice Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Dubi getting picked by Devorski was the only major issue I had. I don't think the refs in high school league ever obstructed a play like that before. That was as embarassingly unprofessional as can be imagined. a 2 on 0 breakaway! I don't think I've seen one of those by the Rangers in 10 years let alone in the playoffs. Has the NHL or Torts made any comments about the incident? A public apology or acknowledgement? yeah right.
i have never in my life seen anything like that. i am honestly questioning the referee's intentions. what was he doing there in the first place and why was he nowhere near the boards? he is facing dubinsky and not even attempting to move.

Old
04-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
If the Refs lose sight of the puck they are supposed to blow the whistle. That is the rule and I don't have a problem with it. The goal in game 1 the puck was under Hank for about 6-8 second and the whistle should have been blown. To me that one was worse than last night, where the ref CLEARLY was not in any position to see the puck was still lose from his angle alone and where Semin was. Hank had that puck for all of a second or two. The play early in game 2 where the puck was lose in the Caps crease and the ref blew the whistle instantly cause he lost sight was comedy compared to the Ovie goal in game 1. All I ask for is consistency, I don't have a problem with that rule.

What I do have a huge issues with is just the inconsistency of calls. How is that not a hook when Feds was taken down in the slot losing a scoring opportunity but they call a slash on avery the next play? The boarding on Staal that wasn't called in OT? Look our PP was a joke, a JOKE, but officials just be consistent. Blow the whistle when u lose sight of the puck, if you are going to call penalties than call them all. As a fan thats all I can ask for. The Devorski interference was sad, but so was the teams performance in the 3rd and on the OT goal. After that 3rd period I didn't expect to win as I am not the most upbeat Ranger fan having been a fan since the late 80's and I don't blame the officials, but they certainly don't do themselves any favors.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:40 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Who the **** cares if our PP is a joke or not? That's 2 games we managed to score the needed goals...then those retards go giving away free goals on pucks that are out of sight then playing defense on 2 on 0s

What the hell does sucking on the PP have to do with this honestly? You give a skilled team like the Caps such a huge freebie goal and what do you expect will happen?

Who cares if we blew 17 PPs we shouldn't need 20 goals to win and we shouldn't have fake goals scored against us due to incompetence.

edit: haha yet the one review on our no goal the overhead "burned in clock" was "missing" until like 45 minutes later once they adjusted it to show no goal
edit 2: I've been watching for 17 years and I have not seen *one* instance of the overhead burn in clock being missing in those situations.

Last edited by vladmyir111: 04-21-2011 at 05:46 PM.
vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
Imagine Jack Edwards calling the Davorski-Dubi incident. I am sure he would be calling for Davorski's head whilst pissing himself in the booth
Jack Edwards is the man, he always says it as it is.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Janerixon

Pretty simple vlad if we score on these chances given to us blown calls by the refs don't matter. You make your own breaks. Feds scored at the end of the second in game 3 and it was deemed no goal. Did the team just quit? Well they had plenty of chances to win the game last night regardless of bad officiating but they failed. I'm annoyed with the calls and inconsistent officiating but still no excuse for that stinker in the 3rd period and pathetic play on the final goal

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:50 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Pretty simple vlad if we score on these chances given to us blown calls by the refs don't matter. You make your own breaks. Feds scored at the end of the second in game 3 and it was deemed no goal. Did the team just quit? Well they had plenty of chances to win the game last night regardless of bad officiating but they failed. I'm annoyed with the calls and inconsistent officiating but still no excuse for that stinker in the 3rd period and pathetic play on the final goal
Your thinking is quite altruistic, but when 2 teams are so close at the end of each game your magical what if hard work theory falls by the wayside when one team gets a free goal in 2 games and the other doesn't.

We're not talking about bad luck bounces here like the game winning goal last night, that's the kind of **** you work to overcome.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Ice Hockey

So ironic I just found an article where Devorski is trashing another referee for "not being quick enough"

"He didn't skate well enough, Devorski said, a deficiency that was exacerbated as the game sped up coming out of the lockout.

"He would get killed right now, the game is so fast. He was a below-average skater who had no rapport (with the players)," Devorski said. "He has no business being on NHL ice. There is nobody's job he could take right now. There are guys in the AHL who are better.""

another referee disagreed with Devorski, saying:

Though Warren's skating may not have been at the top of the officials' class, "he was always in position.

^^LOL how ironic is this?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/...ren_refferees/

Old
04-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

I did DVR the game and just worked up the stomach to watch this play. What a joke. Devorski actually pushed Dubinsky instead of trying to move. The man should never ever be allowed to officiate another game, and should be fined for at least that game check.

EDIT: I do not have the equipment to get a youtube up now, my friend does, if he is around I will borrow it. Otherwise I will get a low quality Iphone video up at the very least.

Old
04-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Ice Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 409 View Post
I did DVR the game and just worked up the stomach to watch this play. What a joke. Devorski actually pushed Dubinsky instead of trying to move. The man should never ever be allowed to officiate another game, and should be fined for at least that game check.

EDIT: I do not have the equipment to get a youtube up now, my friend does, if he is around I will borrow it. Otherwise I will get a low quality Iphone video up at the very least.
please just up the low quality vid. i hope to god the league reviews this, as he made zero effort to move and had all the time and space in the world. how on earth can this scum bash another referee's skating abilities?