HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs -Round 1- (5) Nashville Predators 4 vs (4) Anaheim Ducks 2

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2011, 06:04 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
Fine by me
1000th post!

Old
04-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
1000th post!
congrats.. i'll be there eventually!

Old
04-21-2011, 06:14 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
MY vote is PredsChik. She has been clutch all year (though not sure who made the most recent ones.....)
Actually yeah, if she's up for it then I second this. If hers doesn't get us a win then I'll take the home game. I'm having trouble finding all of the advanced stats, and it isn't allowing me to upload my stats spreadsheets anyway. Plus I have two papers to write

But if she can't then I'll still take it. It just won't be as cool as I had hoped

(btw PredsChik, if you make the GDT I recommend Wake Up by RATM as the theme song. It's fitting I think)

Old
04-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Ruutu suspended 1 game for the blindside hit to the head on Erat.

Fair suspension, but we still lose in the end because Erat is way more important to our team than Ruutu is to his.

Old
04-21-2011, 08:26 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

But Erat dove on the play

Old
04-21-2011, 08:49 PM
AEM6729

What do y'all think is the mindset of the team right now? I'd love to know what the vibe is in their locker room...are they pissed off and determined to win the next game to re-write history, or are they thinking "here we go again" in the back of their heads?

On an unrelated note, I mentioned this in the GDT but I must give full marks to the patriot of a Preds fan that was standing next to me during warmups, who was talking so much **** to Perry that Perry actually got distracted enough from his warmup to call the guy an *******. I think the comment he yelled right before that was "CONGRATS PERRY! DIRTIEST PLAYER TO WIN THE HART!! OH WAIT, YOU HAVEN'T WON IT YET!"

But my personal favorite was "I HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR TODD BERTUZZI THAN YOU!!!!!" ...Perry just kinda chuckled at that one.

So, for further reference, Perry thinks you're an ******* if you yell at him about being dirty and not winning the Hart. Remember that for Game 6. Haha.

Old
04-21-2011, 09:05 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
What do y'all think is the mindset of the team right now? I'd love to know what the vibe is in their locker room...are they pissed off and determined to win the next game to re-write history, or are they thinking "here we go again" in the back of their heads?
I would like to think that they're fired up and determined to win the next game.

Old
04-21-2011, 09:07 PM
preds1

vCash: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Ruutu suspended 1 game for the blindside hit to the head on Erat.

Fair suspension, but we still lose in the end because Erat is way more important to our team than Ruutu is to his.
Dirtiest team in the league by far. This time, a 5 minute player takes out an offensive threat in a play-off series.

Old
04-22-2011, 12:56 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I'd like to see the team rally around Erat being injured. We're seeing it with Chicago and Seabrook, LA and Kopitar (not so much tonight), Pittsburgh and Crosby, etc.

Win it for toothless Marty

Old
04-22-2011, 12:58 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I'd like to see the team rally around Erat being injured. We're seeing it with Chicago and Seabrook, LA and Kopitar (not so much tonight), Pittsburgh and Crosby, etc.

Win it for toothless Marty
Win it for Warren, coach Peterson and Erat!

Old
04-22-2011, 02:24 AM
TediT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I still want to know WTF happened last night. I mean, I just can't believe how terrible we were! WHY?! I know we weren't passing well, Rinne sucked, blah blah...but why?? Was it...

3. We were scared of getting penalties called on us so we backed off the forecheck and physical play?

5. Some combination of our "best" players (Sully being one we know of for sure) aren't at 100%, while some players that are...like Wilson...are healthy scratches?
my opinion? those two, and the fact that our coach has never played anywhere near this level, much less successfully coached at this level. Offense has never been his strong suit.... and our power play, while recently better than during the season, is still not one that anyone fears. Anaheim is comfortable that they can take any liberties they want with our players, because they don't fear us 5 on 4 at all. And, Wednesday night had a distinct feeling of "you guys absolutely HAVE to stay out of the box. Can't afford Anaheim to have any power plays.Be careful, guys... we need to play it close to the vest. Don't take any chances, even on the power play. (Their power play IS something to fear for any ratonal team) Once O'Brien got penalized we were scared to death of hitting anyone. The game we did our best show in, we were aggressive all night long. We didn't give up the neutral zone. We didn't fling the puck around like it was covered with plague germs. I want to see THAT kind of a game Friday night. Win, lose or draw, play it like you mean it. We're being punched and cheap shotted like mad. I'm not saying to do the same thing. I'm saying LEGAL, aggressive, statement hits, forechecking and all the other things we did right in our wins!

I hate losing Erat for even one game, but I'm not surprised. SK and Erat have been targets the whole series. The Ducks management whining about the alleged diving did exactly what it was meant to do. It turned an early Predator hit into a penalty, and turned our coach and team into people afraid to do their jobs. You're going to get called no matter what. Play cleanly, but aggressively anyway. I'd rather we go out playing hard/aggressive hockey, than submissively fading into the sunset. No matter how it ends up, close the series saying we did everything humanly possible to win this series. No regrets! Go Predators!!!

Last edited by TediT: 04-22-2011 at 02:37 AM.
Old
04-22-2011, 09:12 AM
PredsChik

Ok guys, I can do the GDT but it won't be up until atleast 11:30 because work has blocked hfboards (babelfish is a wonderful tool) and since I workfor Satan, I'm working today. If someone else wants it, I won't object, but I am up to it. Either way, go press! **** the ducks!

Old
04-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I think it is time we dress a five minute player of our own and crunch one of their top players. Just saying. This is now a war.

Old
04-22-2011, 10:32 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

lots of fanbases I wouldn't want to be a part of today:

Phoenix, well, because they are out.
LA-gave away game three and are now in a hole against a very confident team
Montreal-Let the best possible scenario, up 2-0 coming home, slip away
Tampa Bay-all that talent against a team shredded by injury
NYR-you just know superman can't save you
and finally, Vancouver-how much pressure do they feel right now, getting blown out two games, heading into their house of horrors, the weight of the hockey world on their shoulders, playing the champs who now have turned it on.

makes being tied 2-2 with our goalie playing like dog ass not too bad.

Old
04-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Predator119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I think it is time we dress a five minute player of our own and crunch one of their top players. Just saying. This is now a war.
Can it be Perry???? Please???????

Old
04-22-2011, 10:53 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
Ok guys, I can do the GDT but it won't be up until atleast 11:30 because work has blocked hfboards (babelfish is a wonderful tool) and since I workfor Satan, I'm working today. If someone else wants it, I won't object, but I am up to it. Either way, go press! **** the ducks!
You grab this one and see if a streak starts again (only need a two gamer). If we lose tonight I'll post my Wake Up! GDT for Sunday. It's already done except for lines and the stats will need to be updated.

Old
04-22-2011, 10:46 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Amen. Gutless refs require on ice retribution. Self policing is the price.

Old
04-23-2011, 01:07 AM
JussiM

All together now:

history will be made!

Old
04-23-2011, 03:11 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiM View Post
All together now:

history has just been made!
FTFY

And from this point on it can only continue to be made

Old
04-23-2011, 03:46 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
MY vote is PredsChik. She has been clutch all year (though not sure who made the most recent ones.....)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
Good job, PredsChik, I knew you still had the magic. Game 6 is all yours as far as I'm concerned.

Old
04-23-2011, 03:56 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
But Erat dove on the play
And the Ruutu hit was shoulder to shoulder, he didn't even get Erat's head.

Not that I really felt it was cheap enough to be suspension worthy, but it was a little late and he was hunting for Erat outside of a hockey play. One game was fair for someone with a bit of a history, or else all the league stars will get cheap shotted late by the agitators on a regular basis.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 04-23-2011 at 05:42 AM.
Old
04-23-2011, 08:33 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
And the Ruutu hit was shoulder to shoulder, he didn't even get Erat's head.

Not that I really felt it was cheap enough to be suspension worthy, but it was a little late and he was hunting for Erat outside of a hockey play. One game was fair for someone with a bit of a history, or else all the league stars will get cheap shotted late by the agitators on a regular basis.
Sad thing is the ducks wouldn't have caref if ruutuu jad been suspended for the rest of the year. Eliminating erat from the series was well worth it to them. So there was no deterrent

Old
04-23-2011, 09:26 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Good morning to all the Predator faithful, and a good afternoon to our European brothers and sisters and a very good evening to those of us here in Asia.

Enjoy your Saturday knowing that we've accomplished many things, but savor that hunger we all have to accomplish even more.

Old
04-23-2011, 09:53 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Now comes the point of the show were we teach you about #winning. Now as the great sooth Rev. Charles Sheen provided in his words of wisdom You needth #tigersblood.

You need to be a #warlock.

He's got a magical boomstick, close enough.

Last edited by BigFatCat999: 04-23-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old
04-23-2011, 10:22 AM
hockey diva

I realize you were trying to be funny but animal cruelty is not funny. And I don't think that part of your post was necessary. And as a moderator, I expect better from you.

Closed Thread