HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Training camp

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2005, 04:18 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

vCash: 500
Training camp

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that Zagrapan is going to have a great camp, but not get a contract from the Sabres, much like Roy a few years back. Anybody out there have any camp surprises predictions?

It's nice to think about this stuff again, isn't it? It's sad, but I'm really looking forward to preseason games.

Old
08-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Slangston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan
I don't know why, but I have a feeling that Zagrapan is going to have a great camp, but not get a contract from the Sabres, much like Roy a few years back. Anybody out there have any camp surprises predictions?

It's nice to think about this stuff again, isn't it? It's sad, but I'm really looking forward to preseason games.
This is a good thread.

One guy that I'm anxious to get a look at in training camp is Henrik Tallinder. He was one of the better defensemen in the SEL last season. It'll be interesting to see how the sex-scandel has effected him.

Artem Kriukov will likely be brought over from Russia. I wouldn't be totally surprised if the Sabres offered him a two-way contract this season. A couple of players from Rochester will be moving on with the big club, and I think it's highly likely we'll see another player or two from the Amerks moved to shore up the Sabres defense. They'll need some bodies.

It's put up or shut up time for Brian Campbell. We'll see if the time he spent over in Finland has helped his game at all. For whatever reason, the Sabres are still high on this guy, and I'll think he'll be given every chance in the world to succeed.

My sleeper is Nathan Paetsch, he could push for a roster spot.

Old
08-09-2005, 05:20 PM
TheGreatOne99

Send a message via AIM to TheGreatOne99 Send a message via Yahoo to TheGreatOne99
Sorry to be off topic, and apparently I missed something, but, sex scandal huh?
Do explain.

Watching Campbell when he was on the 67's, you almost have to give him a chance, he dominated in their last playoff apperance. Complete control of the pace of the game from the point, although he was paried with another stellar d-man, can't remember who though.

Old
08-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Slangston

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne99
Do explain.

Watching Campbell when he was on the 67's, you almost have to give him a chance, he dominated in their last playoff apperance. Complete control of the pace of the game from the point, although he was paried with another stellar d-man, can't remember who though.
Tallinder, Huselius, and Andreas Lilja were accused of sexually abusing a woman back in February of this year. That's all I can say really, I'm too lazy to dig up a full article for ya.

Campbell was paired with Nick Boynton when the 67's made their memorial cup run.

Old
08-09-2005, 05:39 PM
djhn579

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne99
Do explain.

Three Swedish NHLers suspended from national team

Feb. 12, 2005
SportsLine.com wire reports

STOCKHOLM, Sweden -- Sweden's ice hockey federation banned three national team players for the remainder of the season on Saturday, two days after being accused of **** by a 22-year-old woman.

Kristian Huselius, 26, and Andreas Lilja, 27, teammates on the Florida Panthers, and Henrik Tallinder, 26, of the Buffalo Sabres, reportedly told police they had sex with the woman in their hotel room after meeting her in a downtown bar early Wednesday, but that it was consensual.

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/8188472

Old
08-09-2005, 07:57 PM
TheGreatOne99

Send a message via AIM to TheGreatOne99 Send a message via Yahoo to TheGreatOne99
Wow, well then.
Thanks for digging that up.

Old
08-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by djhn579
Three Swedish NHLers suspended from national team

Feb. 12, 2005
SportsLine.com wire reports

STOCKHOLM, Sweden -- Sweden's ice hockey federation banned three national team players for the remainder of the season on Saturday, two days after being accused of **** by a 22-year-old woman.

Kristian Huselius, 26, and Andreas Lilja, 27, teammates on the Florida Panthers, and Henrik Tallinder, 26, of the Buffalo Sabres, reportedly told police they had sex with the woman in their hotel room after meeting her in a downtown bar early Wednesday, but that it was consensual.

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/8188472
All were cleared by both a police and seperate special investigation, which completed in early June. Try this link since the Palm Beach Post link I found is now dead:

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:...+cleared&hl=en

08-10-2005, 09:39 AM
MattsGraphs

does anyone where the training camp is being held this year

Old
08-10-2005, 10:01 AM
jkflesh

I asked Larry Quin that question at the draft day party and he said they were still trying to decide when and where they will have it. I hope the come to rochester for a couple of days. I also liked it when they had the night practrice at hsbc that one year.

Old
08-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Hawerchuk10

I'm interested in seeing where Kotalik will be. He has so much upside, but the '03-'04 season, he wasn't even around. What happened to him? Great wrist shot for sure. I hope his game is back to "A" status. It would be awesome if he were to come out this season and produce starting with training camp.

Old
08-10-2005, 11:15 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawerchuk10
I'm interested in seeing where Kotalik will be. He has so much upside, but the '03-'04 season, he wasn't even around. What happened to him? Great wrist shot for sure. I hope his game is back to "A" status. It would be awesome if he were to come out this season and produce starting with training camp.
part of the problem was a shoulder injury that lasted too long

i'm not saying thats a blanket excuse for his sub-par season (because he wasn't doing great before the injury) but it didnt help

i'm with you on kotalik, he's the player i'm most excited about for 05-06

Closed Thread