HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4 - Kings vs. Sharks - 04/21/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
04-22-2011, 01:45 AM
Orenji

vCash: 500
Penguins even without Crosby/Malkin beating the Lightning is no shock.

Lightning have a bad defense and overachieved this season. Their GD showed how good they were. Stamkos has been invisible in the playoffs and that's been that.

If the Kings had actually won one of the last two against the Ducks, we might have had a chance against the Predators. If we had gotten the Coyotes, we probably would have beaten them.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
TM throwing doughty under the bus LOL
If it's about the penalty with Nichols, he deserves it, that was a selfish, stupid play that wasn't necessary.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pnut408

Watching the Murray interview...
Apparently Nichol was the reason the Sharks won tonight. LOL

pnut408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:46 AM
bobafettish*

like ive said earlier Greene needs to be shopped. whats the point of having a deep defensive prospect pool if were not going to use it.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:46 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
I think he told everyone that...younger players aren't going to be excluded from being traded. I wouldn't be surprised to see Simmonds, Brown and others be shopped around in the offseason.
young players, yes, 0 chance Brown or Simmonds unless some crazy crazy offer comes. Simmonds is actually playing with heart, and Brown, although frustrating, is a 50 point power forward on an absolute steal of a contract.

You would be looking at Martinez, Johnson, Lewis and then prospects as the trade bait

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:47 AM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
If it's about the penalty with Nichols, he deserves it, that was a selfish, stupid play that wasn't necessary.
yet you think TM not calling a time out was a good decision

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nki

Murray just used the Kopitar excuse lol.

nki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

lol @ Murray getting mad about the Heatley slewfoot. TM gets mad at the weirdest **** lol, he goes on rants about pointless stuff. Why don't you talk about how your team isn't competing anymore

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Murray using the Kopitar excuse. Weak.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
I get the Richardson love, but the Kings are far from defensively sound and mentally composed when he's on the ice. His energy has it's negatives too and the facts have to be taken into consideration, when you see everyone start to run around like he does it does not lead to good things. That's all I have to say about that.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/GS030161.HTM

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/GS030163.HTM

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/GS030164.HTM

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:48 AM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise13 View Post
This is enemy territory (sort of) so I'll keep this brief...

Hang in there about Doughty guys, he may make silly mistakes, take himself out of games at times, but he's so supremely talented and can take over a game at any given moment. Between him and Kopi you guys have a great 1-2 Piece to build around. Martinez has been pretty damn good this series too. Both are going to be pretty good for a pretty long time.

I agree with Sacto, you guys haven't seen the best Sharks team yet, but part of that is the Kings playing hard and with heart. Props to you guys. I'm more afraid of closing this series out moreso than the potentially series with the Red Wings. Red Wings haven't played SJ as hard as LA has these past few games.

Agree with most of the fanbase here about Terry Murray. Without going into too much, he really makes me appreciate TMac even with his terrible 1-1-2 PK experiment.

As far as the future is concerned, LA is in really good shape IMO. I could see Brayden Schenn having a Couture like effect for your team. Vey is in your system too, yeah? I'd take Wayne Simmonds and Dustin Brown on SJ anytime too. Good pieces to work with in LA, you guys are lucky.

From an outsider perspective, Penner has to go. Dunno if he's hurt or what, but wow, he's not doing anything positive at all.

Series isn't over yet, especially with as hard as LA is playing. Thanks for being awesome fans throughout though and here's to peace between LA and SJ in the future. **** the Ducks!
Message approved. Hahahaha

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
Murray just used the Kopitar excuse lol.
lol *bbm can't watch face*.. AK11's injury is the reason Murray will keep his job, pathetic.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sjmay*

Quote:
like ive said earlier Greene needs to be shopped. whats the point of having a deep defensive prospect pool if were not going to use it.
Agreed, Greene would be the guy I shop, and I love his physicalness, and his grit, but you have to be smart about it as well....I can see Muzzin taking his spot, package Greene and Stoll and a prospect for a 2nd line C, someone out of Buffalo perhaps...

Old
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajtacker View Post
Heh, at least I have beer and southpark to cheer me up.
Cool story.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:49 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
yet you think TM not calling a time out was a good decision
Nope, never said it was good decision, I said he could have made either decision and I would have been fine with it.

Thanks for reading what you want into it though...

Old
04-22-2011, 01:49 AM
Orenji

Doughty was stupid. He has been stupid a lot this year. He's a great player, but like I said before, he needs anger management this summer. He can't continue to play so stupidly in situations.

Compare Doughty with Clifford. When Clifford has to, he will fight. When he has to chirp and poke, he does it. When he knows it isn't the right time, he backs off. He rarely takes stupid penalties and plays a hard game. There is a reason why Clifford has been praised by experts this series. He's only 19 and has a better head on his shoulders than most of the team.

Old
04-22-2011, 01:50 AM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I wanna tell him "Crosby" sooooo bad!

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Agreed, Greene would be the guy I shop, and I love his physicalness, and his grit, but you have to be smart about it as well....I can see Muzzin taking his spot, package Greene and Stoll and a prospect for a 2nd line C, someone out of Buffalo perhaps...
Greene is going no where. There is not one prospect in the system that brings his nasty streak.

Gotta take the bad with the good on Him.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I get the Richardson love, but the Kings are far from defensively sound and mentally composed when he's on the ice. His energy has it's negatives too and the facts have to be taken into consideration, when you see everyone start to run around like he does it does not lead to good things. That's all I have to say about that.

Gotta remember, he's still young, with work he will get there, and he wasn't running around out there in the defensive zone too much tonight....that I noticed.

Old
Franchise13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
lol @ Murray getting mad about the Heatley slewfoot. TM gets mad at the weirdest **** lol, he goes on rants about pointless stuff. Why don't you talk about how your team isn't competing anymore
Was going to comment on this...

He really does seem like he's lost. That or he's just awkward on in front of the camera? Can someone clarify?

If I could nitpick about the Kings, the biggest thing I've found absolutely irritating/infuriating as a Sharks fan is not the Stoll hit on White. That was an unfortunate incident, and Stoll seemed like a decent enough guy, atoned for it. It's Terry Murray in his press conferences. My god man...

Franchise13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:51 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

The turning point in the game? A Mart putting it into his own net when there wasn't even pressure from the Sharks. The kings were playing their game up until that point. A Mart had a TERRIBLE game. I believe he was on the ice for at least 3 of SJ's goals.

I am so proud of the line with Richardson, Clifford and Simmonds. They are amazing. Richardson turned on beast mode tonight. Great job boys.

We beat ourselves tonight and in this series. It could easily be the Kings up 3-1. For those blaming Murray, get over it. The players are out there and are not playing Murray's system. If they were, as they did in game 2, they wouldn't be running around like monkeys. I thought it was nice to see emotion from Murray tonight, screaming at the team on the bench after the 2 4-on-4 goals.

I would have liked to see Bernier in net for part of tonight. What is there to lose? Sometimes, even if it's not the goalies fault, you do that just to change the aspect of the game. Also, though not all Quick's fault, he has given up 12 goals in the last two playoff games. That's not going to win you anything. Could Bernier do worse? Doesn't he get a chance to prove anything? I know it will be Quick on Saturday, but it just sucks.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:52 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post

he was also the guy that left Thornton alone infront of the net for the tap in goal.

I really hope that A-Mart-Voynov is our 3rd partnership next year, then if 1 is bad, call Hickey or Muzzin up. We have 4 nhl ready guys in those 4 now, all of which can develop to be better than Greene, and who will need to replace Mitchell the following year anyway, so no better time to get them experienced

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Orenji

Murray (if he's still here) and Lombardi better pray that Schenn, Loktionov and Toffoli turn out to be great offensive forwards. If they do, then this team can go a long, long way. If they don't, then we're going to be in trouble.

Those three are the most important youngsters we have in the system. We need those three to be good.

Old
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Brown
If that is the Kings Top 6 next season then that means DL has failed again in FA and/or trades.

- Williams is a good player and plays well with Kopitar but we have to assume he is going to miss time next season, and we are thin on the wing.

- Penner has a lot to do to win over fans and I assume coaches and management. He was a disaster.

- Smyth has played well in the playoffs but he can't be counted on to be a Top 6 forward over 82 games. The Kings probably have to keep him because he is unmoveable, but he needs to play a lot less minutes next season.

- Stoll is not the answer in a scoring role. If the Kings don't think Schenn is ready they need to either sign or trade for a short term solution at 2nd line center .

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
The Anze injury just goes to show how bad a coach Murray is. He was relying on Kopi all season, and can't do **** when Kopitar is out.

If he is kept another season because of the injury, then he is kept for the wrong reason.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote