HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

WCQF: Game 6 - Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Apr 24th - 5PM

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2011, 12:39 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

vCash: 500
Tons of gloom and doom on here.
Pretty warranted though

Old
04-22-2011, 12:39 AM
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate

Way too early...
The pain...
I would politely ask you to put it away.
Please.

Old
04-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
You're honestly giving the team a free pass for the last 2 and 1/2 games? Also for Game #1 that in retrospect, they deserved to lose too.
Did he say he was giving the team a free pass? Noboody gets a free pass at this point.

Vigneault is saying Luongo needs to be better. It's no secret he hasn't outplayed the rookie at the other end in this series.

Old
04-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...

vCash: 625
Quote:
You're honestly giving the team a free pass for the last 2 and 1/2 games? Also for Game #1 that in retrospect, they deserved to lose too.
game 6 is the second biggest game in luongo's career, and game 7 will be the biggest

if luongo doesn't perform in at least one of those games, i'd say he's done in this city

sure, he'll stay on the canucks with his immovable contract, but in every other respect he'll never be regarded in the same light

it may not be fair (i think the sedins - remember those art ross and hart trohpies??? - are more to blame), but there's only so many times you can blame a loss on a team performance before the goaltender allowing the floodgates to open time and time again gets the brunt of the loss

as botchford said, this is the first time in his entire career that luongo will be fighting for his #1 spot on a hockey team...we'll see how he performs

Old
04-22-2011, 12:46 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tripper View Post
if luongo doesn't perform in at least one of those games, i'd say he's done in this city
If the Canucks lose 4 straight at the hands of the Hawks there's just no logical way Roberto Luongo could play another game in a Canuck uniform. I agree, his future here depends on what happens over the next couple games.

He's being hung out to dry but he also has to make big saves early in games to avoid these Canuck patented meltdowns.

Old
04-22-2011, 12:47 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
If the Canucks lose 4 straight at the hands of the Hawks there's just no logical way Roberto Luongo could play another game in a Canuck uniform. I agree, his future here depends on what happens over the next couple games.

He's being hung out to dry but he also has to make big saves early in games to avoid these Canuck patented meltdowns.
This is probably the biggest test for Luongo in these next game or games. Game six is the biggest in his career so far, if he can't win that one..game seven will be the defining moment in his career if he can win.

Old
VanEric

Quote:
Did he say he was giving the team a free pass? Noboody gets a free pass at this point.

Vigneault is saying Luongo needs to be better. It's no secret he hasn't outplayed the rookie at the other end in this series.
Just like people saying it's not all Luongo's fault aren't giving him a free pass.

Crawford's outplayed Luongo? That's funny Luongo's stolen his team 2 of their 3 wins. Game 3 was larcenous. Crawford's won 2 games where the other team didn't even show up.

Old
Tiranis

Out of the 3 games we won, 2 were won on the back of Luongo and in 1 he played well enough to never give up the lead. Maybe the rest of the team should do more than win just one game... ?

Old
04-22-2011, 12:56 AM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
These games are now approaching epic levels of importance for the future of AV and many roster players.

Old
04-22-2011, 12:58 AM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:
Everyone on this team is a disgrace. People saying this is the defense's fault AGAIN are even more embarrassing.

Why is Dan Hamhuis responsible for Luongo's weak glove? Why is Alex Edler responsible for Luongo letting in another goal 24 seconds after? Why is it Bieksa's fault Luongo let Hossa beat him on the same shot in the 2nd period? Why is it Salo's fault Luongo doesn't make a save on a shot he sees the entire way?

Conversely, why are the two latest Art Ross winners getting outworked by someone coming back from a concussion? Why does a rookie with skating issues and a tweaked back get more shots on net than our 2nd line, 40 goal scorer? Why does Burrows have less goals than our third line "energy" winger? Why does our back-up goalie make 2 breakaway saves (read: 2 more breakaway saves than our starting goalie) even though the game was over?

tl;dr Everybody on this team is expendable and we should be the one's relocating to Winnipeg.

Old
04-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Hypothetically speaking, say the Canucks lose the next two game, what do you think GMMG would do in the off-season?

Old
04-22-2011, 01:06 AM
clashed

vCash: 885
This is trial by fire if I ever saw it. I don't care what the Canucks do, they just need to dig deep and find a way to win one of these next two games. This season has shown me that I can at least put faith in this team. I will continue to do so until they are eliminated. If that happens, I advocate whatever it takes to get this franchise back on track, but right now, we owe it to this team to present a united front of support (even if they are lacking in determination themselves).

Beating Chicago after everyone is once again counting us out would be a huge boon for this team (even when we're still UP in the series is ridiculous). Let's not forget, most of us predicted this to go to 6 games. It's going there now. And personally, I would love for nothing more than to crush them on their home ice. This 2 day break will be extremely helpful.

We just need to do what good teams have traditionally done. Play with a short memory, and put in a hell of a lot more effort.

Old
04-22-2011, 01:11 AM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
Hypothetically speaking, say the Canucks lose the next two game, what do you think GMMG would do in the off-season?
Fire Vigneault 1st, move Luongo to Florida for Future considerations 2nd. Slits wrists 3rd. Gillis will avoid the dread of trying to figure out the rest, do the obvious if 2 losses in a row is what we see.

The team isn't playing for Luongo anymore. They lost confidence in him last game for their own short comings in their game. Right now everyone is looking around the room for leadership, and they are not finding it.

Old
04-22-2011, 01:11 AM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
Fire AV, I will bet my life on it unless I've already succumbed to...

Let Bieksa and Salo go

Trade one of Luongo, C.Schneider depending how the next two game play out

maybe trade Raymond if a good opportunity presents

In terms of core players:
Sedins
Kesler
Edler
Burrows

... really can't see him trading any of them... maybe a blockbuster trade should be in place for such a disaster but it's not going to happen

Old
04-22-2011, 01:16 AM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK REBEL View Post
Automatic loss. Onto game 7.
Yup. Bet hard cash on it.

Almost glad I won't be able to see it. Don't want to.

Old
04-22-2011, 01:17 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Another year, another case of the Hawks coming into Vancouver and playing a complete no-hitter en route to a blowout.

I think it's time the Canucks go into track meet mode and abandon the newfound physical style they adopted since game 1 of the series. Get Tambellini and Ballard back in the lineup and put the focus back on the puck, not the opposition players.

The Canucks just don't win games when they lead the way physically. They need to tune out the coaching staff and start playing the speed, skill and puck possession game the Hawks are currently employing that made them so successful this season.

Enough with the huge hits - it's just not working.

Old
04-22-2011, 01:18 AM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

just ****ing win

Old
04-22-2011, 01:24 AM
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...

vCash: 625
Quote:
Another year, another case of the Hawks coming into Vancouver and playing a complete no-hitter en route to a blowout.

I think it's time the Canucks go into track meet mode and abandon the newfound physical style they adopted since game 1 of the series. Get Tambellini and Ballard back in the lineup and put the focus back on the puck, not the opposition players.

The Canucks just don't win games when they lead the way physically. They need to tune out the coaching staff and start playing the speed, skill and puck possession game the Hawks are currently employing that made them so successful this season.

Enough with the huge hits - it's just not working.
the thing is, the canucks hit more when they put the speed guys in...guys like hansen, raymond, oreskovich, kesler, and lapierre were forechecking and making the big hits, not guys like glass, rome, bieksa, or other av favourites

the canucks have to get back to hitting and blitz the hawks like they did in game 1, but it has to be the speedy skilled forwards leading the way

trying to win with speed, skill, and puck possession alone will turn the series into a wash at best because chicago's players are killing the canucks in these departments and physical play is one of the only areas where the canucks can, potentially, have a clear-cut advantage

Old
04-22-2011, 01:25 AM
Tiranis

It's misleading to say that we played physical today. We racked up the hits when the game was out of reach, but when it actually mattered our D weren't being aggressive or hitting.

Old
04-22-2011, 01:27 AM
Andre Boudrias

Send a message via MSN to Andre Boudrias
Quote:
Just like people saying it's not all Luongo's fault aren't giving him a free pass.

Crawford's outplayed Luongo? That's funny Luongo's stolen his team 2 of their 3 wins. Game 3 was larcenous. Crawford's won 2 games where the other team didn't even show up.
So Luongo stole 2 games, the team needs 4. He is the highest paid player on the team, he needs to keep showing up, making that save, when needed.

Old
04-22-2011, 01:29 AM
Edler Von Gud

Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
We need to play the trap in game 6. Force the hawks to dump it in, and play out of their comfort zone. They are having way too easy a time out there having adjusted to the Canucks forechecking. We can't continue to show the same look. Hawks had a tough time generating things when the Canucks have played the trap in the 3rd in the first three games. The preds frustrate the **** out of the hawks playing that style. Trap it up, score a few greasy goals off turnovers, and don't give the hawks any space.

Old
04-22-2011, 01:34 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

We blow this series = I'm off Hfboards for a year

/end

Old
04-22-2011, 01:34 AM
Slapshot_11

ah the dreadful game 6 against the hawks... heres hoping for a win and Luongo stealing it or else..

Old
04-22-2011, 01:40 AM
Dado

vCash:
If Luongo stole two games, that means the team was good enough to win 1 out of 5 and we're likely going to complete the biggest choke in NHL history.

Anyway, seems everyone is now expecting a game 7, so Im gonna say they find a way to win game 6.

Old
04-22-2011, 01:43 AM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
We blow this series = I'm off Hfboards for a year

/end
I seriously can't see myself coming back. No one in any way Canucks-related would even be able to post in a single thread without twenty Flames, Oilers, Leafs or Hawks fans jumping on them no matter what they say. And if we lose, there will be no answer at all.

We'll all have to go back to CDC. *shudder*

Closed Thread